News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Is Health Care a Right?

Started by Rick Rowlands, March 14, 2010, 10:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Fine, Sarge, run against me , campaign against me..... I don't give a hoot!

sfc_oliver

Dennis now places "health care for all" above Liberty?

Dennis why don't you run on that program?

I'll be even more happy to campaign against you.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

DAN, SPARE ME YOUR COLONIAL DRIBBLE.....GO BACK IN TIME AND DRINK BEER WITH SAM ADAMS.....
WHAT IS LIBERTY DOING FOR US IN THE HEALTH CARE PROBLEM? RISING PREMIUMS, HUGE DEDUCTABLES AND CO-PAYS, AND PEOPLE BEING DENIED COVERAGE......

Dan Moadus

Dennis, you always make me think of this quotation.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."—Samuel Adams

irishbobcat

Well Dan, Tim's right and you're wrong.....

Dan Moadus

Sounds as though you suscribe to the statement made by my opponent. He said, "We must redefine what freedom means in America in 2009. Freedom means being healthy."

irishbobcat

Dan, only through fairness of a truely equal health care system will people achieve freedom from high, inflated, and costly healthcare.

Dan Moadus

Dennis, I understand that you would like to see people cared for, but it really does come down to "freedom" or "fairness". You apparently have no qualms taking from people, or forcing them to work for what you consider a worthy cause. "Fairness" is more important to you than "freedom". Unfortunately, our country was not founded on "fairness". It was founded on "freedom".

You also appear to miss learning from the ample examples of countries that have sacrificed "freedom" in the quest for "fairness". In the end, they end up with neither.

irishbobcat

Dan, the current health care system is unraveling...and doing more of the same won't fix it.

The only kind of reform is liberal: it involves government action that would reduce inequality and insecurity.  We need to create a better, more just society, and this is a place to start.

Dan Moadus

No Dennis, we should always do the morally right thing. But we should not force other people into doing the morally right thing. Don't you agree?

irishbobcat

So, Dan, you're saying that doing the morally right thing to do isn't possible?
That's why you will never  get my vote for dog catcher!

Dan Moadus

Remember, Dennis subscribes to the motto: "Communism only killed a hundred million people, let's give it another try."

Dennis; why do you have trouble understanding the basic principle explained in Dr. Williams' piece? If exercising, what some consider the right of one person, diminishes the right of another, it can not be called a right. Just because you call something a "moral right" doesn't mean that it is a natural right, and natural rights are the only rights recognized by our Constitution.

Their distinguishing feature is that they can exist even if you were the only person on Earth. A right that requires the presence, and contribution of others is not a valid right.

Just curious Dennis why you are not championing the right to "Water"? After all, it is much more necessary to the preservation of life than health insurance. We do not provide water for free.

irishbobcat

again, shrimp, which unchristian planet did you come from?

Youngstownshrimp

The missing ingredient here is morals, it is immoral to provide medical, food, shelter, heat, cash to anyone able bodied without their having earned it.  The Bobster is confused in his morals.

irishbobcat

News and view, listen little one,   the moral case for universal health care isn't in dispute...unless you are a Jihad.....