News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Greens call Obama’s nuclear power investment his ‘worst idea yet’

Started by irishbobcat, February 19, 2010, 03:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

rr i have seen how dennis uses alternative energy methods. he has one BIG GIANT HAMPSTER GAGE OUTSIDE HIS HOUSE THAT GENERATES ALL HIS ELECTRICAL DEMANDS. the cages are warm during the winter months and cool during the hot summer months. dennis is concern for his hamsters welfare at times during the year. :o ;)

Rick Rowlands

What is the KW capacity of the solar/wind system that you have powering your house Dennis?

irishbobcat

The Amish in Holmes County, Ohio are also embracing SOLAR power for their lighting needs......

who is really backwards, eh?

Youngstownshrimp

In the Amish world, they have their sects also.  For instance, not all the Amish just grow corn, many make furniture, some make cheese, Uncle Mike's makes some of the best beef jerky.  The menonites, a spin off of the Amish for instance own and run The Dutch House in Columbiana.   These Americans, unlike us are not on the dole, they work hard, they make something in their communities.  No, most of the the known Amish communities are a mixture of different sects which enable commerce to run progressively in their mist and resulted in Lancaster county, PA. and Holmes county,Ohio being one of the best areas in America to live in.

Rick Rowlands

Humankind is not a race that is willing to regress to earlier states of development.  How do you get the dependent class to live like the Amish? Even the slightest bit of withdrawal of entitlements will cause them to riot.

The key to solving this problem is and always has been population control.  Halve the world's population and our resources will last much longer, and at that population perhaps renewables would have a chance to put a dent in the planet's energy demands.  Lowering birth rates is the solution, but is taboo to mention.

Why?Town

Some people being Amish isn't a bad thing but if everyone were Amish we'd all be living "little house on the prairie" style.

And you wouldn't know what I'm talking about from watching TV or looking it up on the internet, You'd have had to read the book by candlelight, after busting your butt all day long toiling in the fields, if you got around to it, before you reached your life expectancy of about 32 yrs.

Youngstownshrimp

Dan what is wrong with being Amish?  They have settled Holmes county in Ohio, worked the land and made cheese, furniture and food business from the land.  Today, Holmes county has some of the highest real estate values in the state. 

If you want to be a congressman, you need to regroup and get more educated, we all do.

sfc_oliver

<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Youngstownshrimp

Over unity has never been achieved, the Bobster needs to live in a cave, crap in a hole , eat bugs and live to a ripe old age of 27.

Dan Moadus

Rick Rowlands

Dennis, there are no renewable green technologies that can replace even a single base load coal or nuclear power plant. Not one. Nowhere, zero, nada! Wind is too erratic and solar only works when the sun is on our side of the planet.  Hydroelectric is your only hope, and I've read that some factions of your party would like to see some hydro dams removed to restore the natural flow of rivers.

Your party is insane.  In your world there could be no base load electric power.  No nuclear. No coal, limited hydro. Only erratic wind and solar power.  You have never been able to answer the one question that I have, how can a base load power plant be replaced by renewables on a one for one basis?

irishbobcat

woozle

That's a nice thought, Wishfull thinking on your part, but you find a foul taste in your mouth with them too..  ::)

irishbobcat

What change? There is no difference between Obama and Bush......

That's why I am a Green.....I am done with the 2 corporate political parties.....