News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

State Senator Schiavoni's Newsletter

Started by jay, January 02, 2010, 04:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KSem

Lynds and Steve -

I picked it because it was the state of Ohio ... wasn't even thinking in that regard!  How do you like my new one?

As for the newsletter issue, perhaps I should not have used the term "glitch;" however, I had a meeting today to discuss why our newsletter (which is due the first week of each month) does not reach our constiuents until almost a month later. The Ohio Senate prints newletters for all 33 Senators and I was told the high quantity of newsletters is the reason the process is so slow.  Also, the post office only gurarenntees that those newsletters will reach the intended zip codes within seven to 10 days.  Once the newsletters leave our office, we don't have much control.  But we can provide our constituents with valuable information with the E-Newsletters and that's why we put out two a month.  So again, if you want to know what's happening with Senator Schiavoni and what events he will be attending, please contact me to be placed on our email list. kseminara@maild.sen.state.oh.us

You can also download the newsletters from http://ohiosenatedems.blogspot.com/

Best,
Katie Seminara

Lynds

sfc_oliver

Quote from: irishbobcat on January 05, 2010, 04:49:01 PM
Whydo they run behind? Can't somebody find the "glitch"? With so many state employees, surely, somebody could find the "glitch" and correct it?

I mean, we spend a lot of tax dollars to keep state employees employed.......

I can't believe mail run lates....and it's just an ACCEPTED PRACTICE???????

We spend a lot to keep State employees employed? Is that why we spend our tax dollars?
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

Whydo they run behind? Can't somebody find the "glitch"? With so many state employees, surely, somebody could find the "glitch" and correct it?

I mean, we spend a lot of tax dollars to keep state employees employed.......

I can't believe mail run lates....and it's just an ACCEPTED PRACTICE???????

KSem

Thank you Lynds for your explanation – very helpful.  The print Newsletters from the Ohio Senate are always running behind, not sure where the glitch lies, but it's not with your post office or our office for that matter.  Lynds is right by saying the print newsletters are sent out randomly to zip codes in the Senator's district.  Therefore, you will most likely not get one every month.

If you wish to stay up to date with Senator Schiavoni's events and news, please send your email address to our office.  You will then receive our E-News two times a month.  You can remove yourself from the list at any time, but it includes valuable information and his calendar is timelier.

Please contact me at kseminara@maild.sen.state.oh.us or SD33@maild.sen.state.oh.us.

I'm finishing our first E-News for the month of January which will go out by the end of the week. You can also visit ohiosenatedems.blogspot.com to read Senator Schiavoni's December E-News.  Thanks and let me know if you have other questions.

Happy New Year,

Katie Seminara
Administrative Aide
Office of Senator Schiavoni
33rd Senatorial District

iwasthere

lynds next time you make a major faux pas on this board we the board members will give you forty wacks with a wet noodle. :)

Lynds

I have to apologize, just read your entire post and some how in the 4 lines I completely missed what you were saying Jay......
probally a postal issue with Columbus. sorry for the long winded responces.

Lynds

also, Schiavoni is on face book, twitter, linkedin, and has a website for events http://joeschiavoniforohio.com/

Lynds

I'm almost certain that the senate does it the same way as the house, but from what i remember the sentate and house office are not permitted to choose the address the letter is sent to, only the area code. There is a program that legislative aids use to submit and order the newsletter, they create the newsletter and then when ordering it there is a sheet of all the area codes in their members district, they then choose the amount of newsletters to be sent to each area code.... i think they do this so that members or members staff cannot show favoritism to their district, IE the majority of the 59Th House district comes from Austintown and Boardman, I wasn't able to send all the monthly newsletters to that area, or the 60Th HD is strongest in the 4Th and 5Th ward of Youngstown, it wouldn't be fare if Hagan only sent to them.
Also, the program that is used is compiled of Dem's, Ind's, and reps so that members and their staff cannot send to the dominant party.
Its really a complicated system they use, tax dollars pay for the newsletter to it needs to go out evenly to the district.
The best bet is to email Sen. Schiavoni at  SD33@maild.sen.state.oh.us  and request an email copy.

jay

I would have liked to have attended one of the Senator's events.

I'll check with the letter carrier to see if the problem was with the post office.

iwasthere

lynds why did it take a month to mail to jay's home address? ::)

Lynds

in the State House, you decide by area code who gets your monthly newsletter, they only print so many. When i worked for Representative Carano I would choose 300 people from 44515 / 250 from 44512 450 from 44514 and so on. If you want to receive their news letters every month all you have to do is email there office or there legislative aid, most LA's are able to send the news letter electronically.   

iwasthere

i made a nice paper Xmas three ornament out of it. ;D

irishbobcat

No letter here, just bills,, bills, bills...............

jay

Today is Saturday, January 2, 2010.  I just received State Senator Schiavoni's newsletter in the mail.  The newsletter lists all of his events for December 2009.

Questions
Did you receive a newsletter from Senator Schiavoni in the mail?

When did you receive the newsletter?

Not sure if the problem was with the postal delivery