News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Vindicator Endorse JAY WILLIAMS For Mayor!

Started by ytowner, November 02, 2005, 05:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

I would say that after having 2 - 6 figure salary  jobs that he should have saved enough money by this time that he  need not  worry about his future, especially in light of that 15 year 100% tax abatement.

ytowner

HEY MOLUCH!!!

LAST TIME I CHECKED WAS JAY LEFT TWO 6 FIGURE JOBS FOR THE LOVE OF YOUNGSTOWN

Bank and CDA.. From that it tells you he is NOT RUNNING FOR HIS BANK ACCOUNT.

Maybe Hagan running because his state senate term is up is for money..

JAY WILLIAMS FOR MAYOR!

MOLOCH

WHAT MADE YOU THINK THAT?

I AM HOPING THE PEOPLE OF YOUNGSTOWN MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION AND VOTE FOR ....

A MAYOR WE CAN TRUST  ONE THAT DOESN'T LIE  TO US

ONE THAT CARES MORE ABOUT YOUNGSTOWN THAN THEIR BANK ACCOUNT

THAT SURE IS NOT WILLIAMS IS IT!

WITH THE DEFAULTED LOANS OF HIS FATHER AND CHURCH - WE CAN NOT TRUST HIM.

HE HAS BEEN REPEATEDLY BUSTED FOR SAYING HE IS A DEMOCRAT - WHEN HE IS NOT AND AFTER HE WAS TOLD NOT TO SAY IT AND HE WAS FOUND NON COMPLIANT IN STATE AUDITS SO HE  LIES AND OBVIOUSLY HAS TROUBLE FOLLOWING THE RULES - PROBABLY BECAUSE HE IS AN ARROGANT SNOB WHO THINKS HE IS BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE.

IF HE CARED MORE ABOUT YOUNGSTOWN THAN HIS BANK ACCOUNT - HE WOULD PAY HIS SHARE OF PROPERTY TAXES - WOULDN'T HE!

WE NEED MAGGY FOR MAYOR!

WHAT SHE LACKS IN EXPERIENCE
   SHE MAKES UP FOR WITH DESIRE!

ytowner

Sounds like someone is finally realizing Jay is going to be our next mayor. Brace yourself; our future is BRIGHT!

MOLOCH

THE MAYOR CAN COLLECT THE 5 MILLION IN BACK TAXES TO PAY FOR IT INSTEAD OF OUR TAX MONEY - LIKE MAGGY PROPOSED - BUT WAIT WILLIAMS WON'T DO THAT - HE WOULD HAVE TO GET IT FROM HIS FRIENDS AND FAMILY TOO. WE KNOW HE DOES NOT COLLECT MONEY FROM THEM TOO WELL HUH!

ForumManager

I'm really not interested in the minimum wage at this point. I am interested in having a mayor who is someone I can trust.  I am off the fence and I support Maggy.  She may be the underdog and as you tout , she might not have a chance, but at least she stands for honesty and integrity . and i know she's not avoiding questions regarding  a tax abatement and defaulted loans.  When you go into the public eye you'd better be prepared to face some serious questions about your past. Hagan is OK but can he stir up change and new beginnings? Jay has ALLEGEDLY been involved in things I don't approve of.  If he supports Blackwell that implies he supports guns and I am out completely.  Maggy stands for change and even though she doesn't have a lot of experience in the political machine.. MAYBE THAT'S WHAT WE NEED!   As I said I am off the fence- Maggy has presented her ideas intelligently.  I am  personally appalled that churches would  support someone that supports Blackwell. and his  take on guns.

Guns = violence and death
That is not  conjecture
It is a fact.

ytowner

If you cut this income tax; the crime only gets worse.. We need the money for now but in the long run we can make it lower..... You seem to be basing a lot of your statements like about gas and this on money.. I do it on my voting beliefs for the best candidate to lead our great city.. JAY IS THE MAN.

And I have lived here for some time now; Democrats have killed this area.. Why not have a man who was vice prez of a big bank and cda to run our city. If he can run that; he can make this city GROW...

MOLOCH

IF JAY IS ELECTED IT WILL CONTINUE TO  CRUMBLE - IT WILL BE JUST AS IF MCKELVEY NEVER LEFT - JUST IN THIS PAST MONTH LOOK AT HOW THE CRIME RATE HAS GONE UP WITH THE RAPES AND ARMED ROBBERIES- AND IT IS ONLY THE BEGINNING. WHY SHOULD I PAY A GRAND IN TAXES TO GET ROBBED OR RAPED LEAVING MY HOME?

ytowner

Go ahead and leave; the only candidate that can give us PROSPERITY is Jay. Hagan has done Nothing to help us in the state senate and Maggy; well guess what; she has yet to say anything to improve the city charter....

Leave all you want; In 8 years this city will be rocking!

MOLOCH

IF YOU BOTHERED TO READ EVERY WORD YOU WOULD SEE I WAS QUOTING THE AD - I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT A MAYOR BEING ABLE TO DO IT. AS A MATTER OF FACT THE 1ST ARTICLE STATED THAT HE CAN'T(I READ IT) I WAS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF IT WAS A HAGAN AD, A DEMOCRAT AD OR IF SOMEONE ELSE  HATES WILLIAMS. I HAVE MADE UP MY MIND - IF JAY WINS I AM LEAVING THE SINKING SHIP BEFORE THE RAFTS ARE FULL. I WILL NOT SUFFER BECAUSE OF THE IGNORANCE OF OTHERS.

ytowner

AS MAYOR OF YOUNGSTOWN YOU CANNOT, LET ME REPEAT; CANNOT RAISE THE MINIMUM WAGE! AND IF WE DID IT WILL ONLY KILL ALL CHANCE OF ECONOMIC SUCCESS!

That statement proves the lack of KNOWLEDGE you possess.

MOLOCH

I GOT AN AD IN THE MAIL TODAY

IT SAYS JAY WILLIAMS AND GEORGE BUSH ARE CUT FROM THE SAME CLOTH

THEY BOTH OPPOSE GIVING HARD WORKING FAMILIES A RAISE. WILLIAMS WILL NOT SUPPORT AN INCREASE IN THE MINIMUM WAGE.

HE TOLD THE BUSINESS JOURNAL THAT NATURAL MARKET FORCES COULD ADDRESS THE PROBLEMS FACING WORKING PEOPLE WHO ARE EARNING MINIMUM WAGE.  HE ALSO SAID YOU CANNOT LEGISLATE NATURAL MARKET FORCES AND EXPECT SUSTAINED LONG-TERM BENEFIT

BUT IT DOES NOT SAY TO VOTE FOR ANYONE - IS THIS FROM HAGAN? I AM THINKING YES BECAUSE OF WHAT IT SAID ABOUT HAGAN WANTING TO RAISE MINIMUM WAGE

THEY DID NOT HAVE TO WASTE THE PAPER - NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND COULD THINK THAT ARROGANT SNOB WOULD CARE ABOUT THE POOR WORKING MAN - HE ONLY CARES ABOUT HIS RICH FRIENDS AND FAMILY.IF HE CARED ABOUT YOUNGSTOWN - HE WOULD PAY HIS PROPERTY TAXES FOR THE GOOD OF THE CITY!

I THINK IT IS INTERESTING THAT MCKELVEY  - RECOMMENDED JAY FOR THE JOB - THEN SELLS HIS HOUSE, LEAVING THE MESS BEHIND AND MOVES TO CANFIELD. IS THIS WHAT WE HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TOO - THE CRIME RATE IS UP AND HE IS PICKING OUT WALLPAPER FOR HIS NEW CANFIELD HOME. IF JAY IS ELECTED MAYBE I WILL HAVE TO TAKE OLE GEORGE'S LEAD,  ONLY I WILL MOVE TO BOARDMAN - JUST LIKE THE YOUNGSTOWN BUSINESS ARE DOING. 

ytowner

Youngstown's next mayor faces a rebuilding job

October 30, 2005

If Youngstown is to have any chance of rebuilding, it needs a mayor who is capable of looking to the future, one who is not tied to policies, politics and philosophies of the past. It needs a mayor who has been successful in both the private and public arenas. It needs someone who has wrestled with ideas about what can be done to rebuild this city.

The only candidate of the six running in this election who fits that description is Jay Williams.

Though Williams is only 34 years old, he is the only candidate who has had success in both the business and public service areas. He was a vice president of First Place Bank before resigning in October 2000 to become Youngstown's director of Community Development. He had to resign that position to run for public office.

It impresses us that Williams had the courage of his convictions to leave his job and run for this office as an independent. That required a financial sacrifice by Williams and his wife that few people would be willing to make. It also shows that Williams is confident in his own abilities. Even if he were to lose the race, he's counting on his education and intelligence to enable him to find a new job.

Youngstown's mayor is paid well at $101,387; Youngstown voters should expect the person taking that job to have a track record that would indicate the new mayor is not being grossly overpaid.

The other factor in Williams' employment history that makes us believe he is the best candidate for the job is his role in the development of the Youngstown 2010 citywide plan.

He was on the planning team for the project, moderated the public forums that were held and would be in the best position as mayor to implement its vision.

The competition

This is a six-person race, but Williams' only viable competition is Robert F. Hagan, a 56-year-old state senator and former state representative. He is articulate, well-read and has a valuable political name and a history as a rock-solid liberal.

We understand that Robert Korchnak, 41, the Republican nominee, would not be inclined to agree that he is destined to be among the also-rans. The three other independents in the race, Maggy Lorenzi, 53; Joe Louis Teague, 63, and Brendan J. Gilmartin, 45, all claim to be viable candidates. They're not.

There's a spark in each of them. Lorenzi seems to have memorized the city charter. Korchnak is, after all, a major-party candidate. Gilmartin is a faithful son, pursuing a political grudge against Hagan (who beat Gilmartin's father in a state representative race) with admirable focus. Teague is a character about town (who, Lorenzi told us, "actually makes a lot of sense if you can understand him"). But if you put them all together, they wouldn't be able to present a plan for improving Youngstown.

Hagan can articulate a plan, but it is based on a political philosophy that seems to say that if the lives of city employees are better, the lives of city residents will be elevated. His argument for universal health care or increasing the minimum wage belong on the Columbus stage, not Youngstown's.

Youngstown can probably survive under Hagan, but its chances of prospering would be slim.

Williams, however, would give the city a new face. New ideas. His election would send a message to politicians in Columbus and Washington and to people everywhere that Youngstown is ready for change.

Copyright © 2005 The Vindicator Printing Company - All Rights Reserved

This is exactly how I view the race; Hagan may run a city; but we can't grow under him; we need
JAY!!

VOTE-JAY