News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Traficant's Appeal

Started by Rick Rowlands, September 01, 2009, 06:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

rr you would have made a decent living off of me as narc when i use to engage in adult refreshments on the weekends. :o ;D ;) i am straight on the rocks tonic water drinker type no money in my adult drinking behavior. :o if anyone knew me ten  years ago they would never believe i am a teatotler today. i do yearn for the days when ytown had many speakeasyes in this valley. today who would in their right mind would want to go perkins or country kitchen after a nite of drinking esp if you had Cals, Splendid, Army and Navy, the Rick's Place and the list can go on on on on on  on........................ ::) :-X

Rick Rowlands

If it were only that easy to make extra income!

iwasthere

if you do not drink, rr why would want to know about the fine drinking Establishments? are you a self-employed contractor with the ypd to narc on impaired drivers that leave this Establishments for extra income? ;D

Rick Rowlands

I don't drink either.  That fact does not impair my ability to learn about drinking establishments though.

iwasthere

if ytownandnews isn't old enough to drink adult refreshments, how come does he know about all these drinking establishments.

iwasthere

one has to give credit to the Yaeda that was instrumental of obtaining lowcost liquor licenses (15) through petitioning oh liquor board of control that help est this district in ytown's downtown with low cost liquor licenses for the said bars and restaurants in the website that is mentioned in this thread. Give credit where credit is due.

ytowner

This is WHY I support Traficant:
http://mvred.com/2009/09/04/the-traficant-effect/

Traficant's contributions single handedly revived Downtown!

iwasthere

i say to all the anti jimbo is, "He who is without sin, cast the first stone."

AllanY2525

Don't forget that Jim Trafficant was also instrumental in bringing the
Convocation Center idea to fruition, along with government money to
pay for the majority of building the place.

I do NOT approve of the criminal acts committed while he was in office,
but he has served his time and paid his debt to society.....so I'll sit
back, and watch, and see what he decides to do from today moving
forward.... should be interesting to see no matter what...

:)

sfc_oliver

I can do nothing but agree with Rick, yet I still have to remember that he did break the law no matter how much he did for the community. And I met with him for my business and on a personal level.

SFC
US Army
Retired
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Rick Rowlands

The big topic on talk radio and the papers today and yesterday has been Jim Traficant's release and the party being held this weekend.  I got to thinking about just what was it about Jimbo that created such a fierce allegiance to him.

Jim Traficant was a congressman who put his heart and soul into his job, and truly wanted to help the district in any way that he could.  Many of his views were conservative and were a reflection of the true beliefs of the people of the Valley.  He would never shy away from a town hall meeting as Tim Ryan is doing, but of course Traficant would never vote against the wishes of his constituents either.   Traficant would see bills such as cap and trade for what they truly are, and would reflect the sentiments of the majority of us when he said that Congress was selling us down the river on trade, illegal immigration and taxes. 

Whenever a local union would go out on strike Traficant was right there in the middle trying to mediate a solution.  Traficant always had time to meet with the little guy, I know as I met with him once about an issue that I cared deeply about.  Heck all I ever got from Tim Ryan was a form letter which was a masterful example of doublespeak and fencesitting while containing no real content.   I am glad that Jimbo is back, and hope that he decides to once again become involved in our community.