News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Passing health reform will save you money.

Started by irishbobcat, July 28, 2009, 02:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Is not a rich American also deserving of the same liberties and protections that is given to all citizens?  I believe it is called equal protection under law.

How many times have we heard the tired old BS that "the wealthy need to pay their fair share" or "only the top 1% will pay this new tax"?  I think the wealthy already pay their fair share and more.  It we look at the benefits a "poor" citizen receives vs. a "rich" citizen, and then look at the respective taxes paid by both, we see that it is woefully off balanced.   Shouldn't we as a country try to focus our efforts on making it easy for the poor to lift themselves out of poverty?   

The poster children for the entitlement culture of the US sit at the corner of Rayen and Wick every day.  There they are, sitting within sight of a wealth of information and opportunity, waiting for something to drop out of heaven and save them. 

There is an excellent John Stossel special on Youtube which originally aired in 1999.  Its 40 minutes long and Youngstown is mentioned about 33 minutes in.  What I found most inspiring was the philosophy of a Jamacian woman about 21 minutes in.  If everyone truly embraced those words I think half the problems we claim to have would disappear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZpDjxIPpFc&feature=related

sfc_oliver

A bit of class warfare there?

I'm beginning to get confused, what is it you want Dennis, Affordable health care insurance or Government controlled Universal Healthcare?

They are not the same thing.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

Passing health reform will save you money.

NOT passing it will save millionaires money. (Like Charlie Wilson)

Which will your Representative choose?  (Hmmm, Charlie?????)

The health care reform bill being voted on in the House this week will save you an average of $2,800 per year.
The bill rolls back Bush's tax cuts for the rich, and with the savings helps pay for health care reform.
The rollback would not affect 96% of small businesses, and the bill would in fact lower small business health care costs.
Call your representative and urge him or her to pass real healthcare reform now!

Click here for a phone number, talking points, and to let us know how your call went.

Your Representative is hearing from the insurance lobbyists and the corporate interests--he or she needs to hear from regular people like us who need more affordable health care and can't wait any longer.

Click here for phone numbers, talking points, and to let us know how your call went.

Along with our Health Care for America Now friends across the nation, we're going to make 50,000 calls to Congress over the next 48 hours. Here in Ohio, let's do our part.

To Your Health,

Brian Rothenberg
Executive Director
ProgressOhio.org