News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Candidate for 17th Congressional District......Dan Moadus

Started by Dan Moadus, July 11, 2009, 05:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Dan, watched you at tonight's debate at the church....you did as well as Kelly Pavlik did Saturday night.....

Both Elaine and Tim wiped the mat with you.....ha ha ha

irishbobcat

Boo Hoo......you ain't gettin the Vindy Endorsement either.....or any paper..........your 15 minutes of fame end in 2 weeks.....

Dan Moadus

Remarks regarding the Tribune's endorsement of my opponent.

Having been involved with politics for many years, I tried to respect the adage that you don't argue with people who buy their ink by the barrel and their paper by the bale, but I must take the Tribune to task for their endorsement of my opponent Tim Ryan. I also realize that my remarks may be viewed as sour grapes, but so be it.

First, the Tribune editors make much of Ryan's role in many of the developments in the District such as the Community College. Does anyone think that these projects are a result of his "vision"? It should be common knowledge that most politicians are deluged with ideas for projects, many of them worthwhile. It is simply a matter of deciding which to support and which to reject. Does the Tribune editorial board think that there exists a Congressman who can not point to projects such as these? It wouldn't surprise me to see a green job incubator in every District in the country.

Which brings to mind my other point:  I've read countless editorials in the Tribune railing against Cap and Trade, Card Check, bank bailouts, and stimulus spending. Yet, they endorse the candidate that they admit votes for these things. Inexplicably, they add, "Ryan's voting record on many national issues, we believe, is out of touch with constituents and not in the best interests of the nation."

I have seen people endorsed who, I believe, voted against the best interest of the country many times; but this is the first time I have seen someone endorsed by the very people decrying the bad votes.

While warning about the Federal overspending that has caused the virtual collapse of our country the editors overlook the fact that the very projects that they credit Ryan with, were paid for with borrowed money, thus adding to our debt.

They close their endorsement with this shameful statement, "His track record for helping his district outweighs his questionable voting record on national topics." An admission that even if his votes harm our country, they don't care as long as he brings home the "Pork".

How can any one have any faith in the Tribune's opinion the next time they complain about the bankrupting of America.

Dan Moadus

Thanks for all your concern, but I know about these events and I will be at the New Bethal Baptist Church next Monday and at the Sports Grille on the 21rst. That has nothing to do however, with WKBN's refusal to grant me equal time. By the way, I did make my request formal by certified mail two days ago and received a final refusal by Mr. Kelly in an e-mail today. I will be filing a formal complaint with the FCC shortly.

Personally, I am not angry at Mr. Kelly and all the good folks at the station, but must pursue the issue out of principle, because it is important that those who are permitted to use the public airwaves be reminded occasionally that they have an obligation to the public to rise above their personal preferences or business interests.

iwasthere

dan there are other political forums coming up in the few weeks. did you receive notices from Union Baptist Church on the northside and New Bethal Church on the southside? i strongly suggest you contact these two churches because they have debates among the candidates that knocks the socks off the office seekers. these debates ask hard hitting questions that seperates the novices from the professionals. dan if you want to be taken seriously as candidate you must form an election committee that keeps you inform  on all the debates in the mahoning valley.  as for wkbn i strongly suggest that you take up the offer from bill kelly. if you do not, you must stop your bellyaching about being treated fairly as a serious congressional canditate.

Dan Moadus

"Iwasthere", His name is Bill Kelly, and no he didn't say anything about the format. He was just trying to placate me by saying I would have my chance the sports bar. I assumed it would be three minutes. While Ryan got three hours of air time. By the way. I sent a certified letter to him today saying that I would file a formal complaint with the FCC if he did not fulfill his obligation. I'll keep you posted.

iwasthere

dan did pat kelly say he was going to give you three minutes with tim ryan or is that is your assumption on your part. i have attended those debates. the candidates have more then three minutes to dispute thier cause. dr and verb gives each candidate three minutes to talk about their platform then it is a twenty minutes of q/a from the audience.

sfc_oliver

Now Dan,
Listen well to Dennis; after all he knows what he's talking about when it comes to losing a campaign.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

Dan, you didn't school me, old man......

your endorsement and 99 cents will get you a cup of coffee at McDonald's......

Dan...your 15 minutes of fame are up after May 4th.....

Dan Moadus

Great news by the way. I just received a letter from the Ohio Right to Life PAC notifying me that they have chosen to endorse me in the upcoming Primary Election. If I'm not mistaken, this is the group that used to endorse Ryan before he turned pro-choice.

Dan Moadus

So typical of you Dennis. When you get "schooled" and can't come up with a decent response, you fall back to name calling, and demeaning comments.

irishbobcat

Again Dan, you show how stupid and clueless you are to areas outside your little world. Don't lecture me regarding Radio Broadcasting History and Law....

Stick to making sure the garbage gets picked up in Girard....that's the extent of your political powers......

Dan Moadus

Hey Dennis, you brought up the Fairness Doctrine in reference to my beef with WKBN, not me. Just what did it have to do with my post? Maybe you do need "lectured".

irishbobcat

Dan: I worked in radio broadcasting for 18 years.....I know the differance between the Fairness Doctrine and Equal time....so don't lecture me.

You will lose your "case" with the FCC.......I know the rules and law.....you are toast.......like your campaign to unseat Ryan.....

Dan Moadus

Sorry Dennis, talk shows occasionally do interview guests, but that doesn't mean that Ryan's broadcast was one. Verb wasn't interviewing Ryan. In fact he made much of the fact that they were viewing it as a "Town Hall" event. Which is fine by me if they want to let Ryan use their broadcast facility for an event, but the law requires they provide equal treatment to other candidates.

Town hall events are campaign events, and you see them all the time during campaigns, and campaign events are not "news interviews".
Any how Dennis, we'll let the FCC be the judge of that. And by the way. You shouldn't confuse the Fairness Doctrine with the Equal time rule. The equal time rule is a current law. The Fairness Doctrine was  a law at one time, but  was abolished in 1987.

And to "Iwasthere". Mr. Kelly did say to me that I could talk at the Sports grille,  but I said to him that if he thinks I'll settle for three minutes at some bar with twenty other candidates while he provides 3 hours of free broadcast time to Ryan, he must be a little crazy.