News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Candidate for 17th Congressional District......Dan Moadus

Started by Dan Moadus, July 11, 2009, 05:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Moadus

Watched Gleen Beck shows recorded Tues. Wed. and Thurs. Really disturbing. It was about inexplicable things happening with the Obama administration. All the people he is appointing as czars and advisers that have radical backgrounds. Supposedly his so called, "Green Jobs Czar" is a self proclaimed communist. Then he has as an adviser, Jeff Jones who belonged to the radical group the Weather Underground who bombed the Pentagon along with his friend Bill Ayers. Both of these people were wanted by the FBI, and were on the run for years. Now this Jeff Jones supposedly had a hand in writing the Health care bill.

His so called, "Diversity Czar" Mark Loyd was shown on tape bragging about Venezuelan Dictator Ceaser Chavez's great revolution. These people are flat out Marxist and anti-capitalists, why isn't the news organizations asking questions about them?

He also appointed a AFL-CIO leader to head up the New York Federal Reserve.

Glenn Beck has been sending questions to the White House asking them to justify the appointment of so many of these people with radical anti American histories, and has recieved no answers. Are there no people in the Congress who care about this?

Think about the Health care bill. Who wrote it, and when. During the time period in which Cap and Trade was being passed, I don't remember being told about the development of the Health Care bill. All of a sudden, a bill appears. I remember when Hillary tried to develop a Health Care bill during her husband's Presidency.  It seemed like the debate went on for months with panels and commissions being formed to work out a plan. Who wrote the current bill? It seems as though not only is Congress not reading their own Bills, they're not writing them either.The media seems to have forgotten their role.

A serious look has to be taken at these people; their backgrounds and at what their roles are.

Dan Moadus

Check out my site to see where Tim Ryan should have been on August 27th (under the news heading) http://www.danmoadus.org/

Dan Moadus

It really is pathetic. I listened to Tim Ryan's teleconference and all he did was hash over the same old talking points. The strongest argument he had was just shot down buy their own Budget Office (CBO). He maintains that big savings will occur due to the preventative health care that will be provided. People will now catch expensive diseases early enough to reduce the cost of treating them. The problem is, is that the Congressional Budget Office looked at it and disagreed. If he would take even a minute to look at it he would understand that you may have to pay for years of screenings and tests of 50 people just to catch the one person who will develop the disease. The savings just isn't there. Unfortunately, Ryan will not break ranks with Pelosi and risk end his upward mobility in the Party.

I attended the Town Hall meeting tonight at Youngstown University. Dan Rivers moderated a panel discussing the Health Care Bill, and granted it was a stacked deck with all the participants against the bill. It was a respectable crowd who, I think would have paid him the respect due a Congressman. There was a seat reserved for him on the panel. There was even an ice cold bottle of water right next to his name card. But his seat remained empty.

sfc_oliver

It can't be Dan, without Taxpayers taking care of it. Bingo right back to single payer which is what Mr Obama claims he wanted back in 2007.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Dan Moadus

What puzzles me about Obama's plan to sell health insurance cheaper, is the so called "public option". Because the government doesn't have to make a profit, it can offer insurance a lot cheaper, forcing "for-profit" insurers to lower their price. But there currently are private "not-for-profit" companies right now. Seems to me non-profit is non-profit, how could the government's plan be any cheaper than the private non-profits?

iwasthere

hell is starting to freeze over when rr and dennis agrees on a topic. :)

Rick Rowlands

Rick Rowlands

The nacelle and rotor on a 3 MW turbine weighs 110 tons.  The tower weighs about 200 tons.   Not all of that weight is steel.  If Tim Ryan cannot get his facts straight on a simple thing such as the weight of a wind turbine just imagine the misinformation that he is spouting when it comes to cap and tax and health care.

irishbobcat

at least 250 tons of steel go into making commercial windmills for large scale use.

Dan Moadus

Sat in for a while on Tim Ryan's tele-town hall meeting. Didn't get to ask a question though. He had some good questions that appeared unfiltered, but he ended up sticking to the talking points. He insisted that big savings would result from people getting "preventative" care, thus catching diseases early enough to save on future treatment.

I don't know how you could insure 47 million more people and pay for all the preventative care and save much money. He also tried to defend his yea vote on the Cap and Trade bill by claiming that many jobs will be created if we force renewable energy upon America. He claimed that over 400 tons of steel goes into a windmill. I don't know about that one.

In the end, he wasn't swayed by any of the questions on the Health Care bill as he indicated that he would press for its passage.

At least he didn't have to worry about crowd control.

Dan Moadus

I appreciate your thoughts on the 912 candidate effort. And I apologize for misspeaking. You are correct, the contract does not call for following the Constitution, and some of it's language isn't supported in that document.

The whole idea is a grass roots effort based upon Glenn Beck's call to people to take a pledge to support the outlined principle and values, which I wholeheartedly support. Being associated with the people involved, and knowing how reverently they hold the Constitution, I guess I just read into their stated purpose more than is there.

Here are the 9 principles and 12 values:

9 principles

1. America is Good.
   2. I believe in God. He is the center of my life.
   3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
   4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
   5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
   6. I have a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
   7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
   8. It is not -un American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
   9. The government works for the people. The people do not answer to the government; the government answers to the people.

12 values

1. Honesty
   2. Reverence
   3. Hope
   4. Thrift
   5. Humility
   6. Charity
   7. Sincerity
   8. Moderation
   9. Hard Work
  10. Courage
  11. Personal Responsibility
  12. Gratitude

Your criticism is duly noted. I will be more careful when I speak. However I am proud to have the endorsement of this group and will do my best to live up to its purposes.

On your other topic (my comments on Cap and Trade). I do know that amendments were offered in exchange for support from some conservatives that simply said that the provisions of the Bill would be suspended if electric rates doubled, and it was voted down by the House Democrats. If what you say is correct, then why the fear of such an amendment?

Dan Moadus

I have been accepted as the 9/12 Project's candidate for the 17th District here in Ohio. The project is looking for one candidate in each district who will sign a contract to follow the Constitution in all things, if elected. You can check it out here: http://912candidates.org/oh/

Please check out my site http://www.danmoadus.org/ It has a new look, and a picture of me other than the one taken when I was in Viet Nam. See what forty years does. It also has some video (me talking at the Canfield Tea Party).

sfc_oliver

Elmo-Ytown

sfc_oliver

Thank you Dan I have passed this on to an Internet veterans group and will zap out a few letters to Representative Ryan and Sentors Voinovich and Brown. It's time that Washington stopped rewarding illegals.