News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Candidate for 17th Congressional District......Dan Moadus

Started by Dan Moadus, July 11, 2009, 05:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

The racism is coming from the left, not the right.  Look who is making the accusations.

Towntalk

Dan:

Newsweek recently ran articles that said that white babies are "born racists" from the moment they take their first breath.

See Baby Discriminate
Kids as young as 6 months judge others based on skin color. What's a parent to do?

http://www.newsweek.com/id/214989

Dan Moadus

Quote from: Towntalk on September 16, 2009, 09:10:28 AM
Democrats try to stymie debate on health care by playing the race card.

JIMMY CARTER, FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: An overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African-American.

I live in the South, and I have seen the South come a long way. And I have seen the rest of the country that shared the South's attitude toward minority groups at that time, particularly African- Americans. That racism in connection still exists.

And I think it's bubbled up to the surface because of a belief among many white people, not just in the South, but around the country, that African-Americans are not qualified to lead this great country. It's an abominable circumstance and grieves me and concerns me very deeply.

I could not disagree more. I see no evidence that the hatred of Obama is about his race.  Did you see any animosity towards Condalezza Rice when she was Secretary of State? Do you see any hatred of Mr. Steele who is the Chairman of the Republican Party? Did you see Conservatives rail against the appointment of Clarence Thomas?

This charge of "racism" is so absurd that I can almost kick myself for even responding.

Towntalk

Towntalk

Democrats try to stymie debate on health care by playing the race card.

JIMMY CARTER, FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: An overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African-American.

I live in the South, and I have seen the South come a long way. And I have seen the rest of the country that shared the South's attitude toward minority groups at that time, particularly African- Americans. That racism in connection still exists.

And I think it's bubbled up to the surface because of a belief among many white people, not just in the South, but around the country, that African-Americans are not qualified to lead this great country. It's an abominable circumstance and grieves me and concerns me very deeply.

The Case for Killing Granny
http://www.newsweek.com/id/215291/output/print

Death, Republican Style It's the GOP that's out to get Granny
http://www.newsweek.com/id/214267?tid=relatedcl

irishbobcat

Single-Payer Healthcare is the feasible alternative to out healthcare crisis, Dan....

http://www.progressive.org/mpfein091009.html

Dan Moadus

Well that's fine Dennis, except you don't address any of the shortcomings people point out. Like it's cost, and how it would be paid for. I suspect that you won't hide behind illogical funding plans like Ryan and Obama, but just admit that you would increase taxes bigtime.

irishbobcat

Dan, I believe in Single-Payer Health Care and find all of your conservative healthcare ideas to be wrong......

Dan Moadus

I take it then, that we can assume that neither "Rusty" nor Dennis has any disagreement with my comments about Ryan's health care statements. Right?

Dan Moadus

Good points Rick. What "Rusty" overlooks is that both Bush and Reagan instituted policies that grew the economy, (Reagan doubled revenues). While it is true that they both cracked a lot of "golden eggs" this administration is busy killing the "goose that lays the golden eggs".

Rick Rowlands

Rusty, there was no TEA party movement when Reagan or Bush were in office.  Your argument is absurd and is akin to asking why I wasn't involved in steel preservation in 1965, eight years before I was born!   I do understand though that it is a standard liberal reply to any TEA party member, trying to divert attention away from the issues of today by implying that the TEA party movement would give a blind eye to Republican spending.

The level of government spending under Obama is far, far greater than anything that Bush or Reagan could have ever dreamed of spending.  As I recall us conservatives were against No Child Left Behind and Medicare Part D as we thought that it was way too much spending.  Obama has spent many times that amount so far.

Americans will take a lot of abuse before they start to fight back.  While the overspending by Bush was upsetting, it had not reached a level where people wished to band together to fight it.  Perhaps because the economy was good and if we are happily making money then we tend to overlook things.  But with the downturn and then the rapid escalation of government spending the "tipping point" has been reached, and thanks to Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty the TEA Party movement was born.   Since we cannot change the past, it is not productive to continue down the path that you are trying to take us down.  lets discuss the issues at hand.

irishbobcat

Dan's motives? I want to be a republican in democratic clothing making $74,000 a year like Tim Ryan.........

Dan Moadus

I watched the telecast of Tim Ryan's health care "town hall" meeting, and came to this conclusion. He should be ashamed to show his face along with the rest of his cronies for insulting our intelligence.

He actually had the nerve to say that a good portion of the funding for the proposed health care bill will come from stopping the waste fraud and abuse in the Medicare program. I immediately thought of a few questions, and I am sure you did as well. First: Ryan has been in office for eight years, so which is it? Did the waste fraud and abuse just start this year? Or has it been going on for years, and he has been ignoring it? Or did he just recently discover that this was occurring? And if he and his friends could stop it, and that's a big "if", why now? Why have they let it go on all these years?

Do you think it might occur to these people that if the Medicare program has been rife with waste fraud and abuse for all these years, that maybe we don't want to give over to them, the entire health care system in our country?

Here is another example of Ryan thinking his constituents are not smart enough to see through his reassurances. He said that the Insurance companies will now see that more profits can be made by paying for more preventative medicine instead of just waiting until their customers get sick with diseases that could have been treated more cheaply if only they had been caught earlier.

Here is Ryan, who has never had a job, much less run a business, telling the CEO's of the insurance business that he and his friends have just come up with a fabulous new way for them to make greater profits. Like if this was possible, they wouldn't have figured it out for themselves in the 300 year history of the insurance business.

It doesn't occur to these people that it may be more expensive to pay for the yearly batteries of tests and screenings of a hundred people to catch the one that may come down with a major disease. Does he think all this "preventative medicine" is free?

It was a little sad seeing Ryan, who is smart enough to know better, touting this ludicrous party line simple because they are unable admit that there isn't a way to pay for this giant expansion of government.