News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Candidate for 17th Congressional District......Dan Moadus

Started by Dan Moadus, July 11, 2009, 05:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Moadus

Sarge,
Thanks for the information. Loved the grocer analogy.

Dennis,
We all are looking forward to the day when renewable energies become the norm. We just object to trying to force the issue by raising the cost of fossil fuel created energy.

sfc_oliver

I see Dennis didn't have an answer so I looked it up.

"The bill (Senate Bill 221) requires Ohio's electric utilities to harness the potential of energy efficiency measures, and cut energy use in the state 22 percent by 2025. ":

So they are tasked with cutting the states energy use. How stupid is that? That's like telling a Grocery store that their customers need to lose an average of 10 pounds each.

<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

Dan, they day is coming when we will require less fossil fuels to produce electricity.....so finally get it through your thick headed conservative head and deal with it......

Dan Moadus

Sorry, but you are wrong. Demand is not a function of supply. You can have high or low demand for things that are scarce, and you can have high or low demand for things that are plentiful. Demand is completely separate from supply.

On your other point. I don't know if the Law calls for just less usage, or less usage of electricity produced by fossil fuels. That would change the equation. Let's ask Dennis, I'm sure he worked his little tail off on getting it passed; he ought to know.

There is also one way that the electric companies could achieve the same effect as lowering demand, and they could do it without any additional investment. They could simply produce less. Of course, the people probably wouldn't be any happier with the resultant "brown outs" or "rolling blackouts" then they are with the light bulb idea. But they only have a bunch of liberals to blame.

Dan Moadus

This fiasco with the electric utilities sending out energy efficient light bulbs serves to illustrate the ridiculousness of the energy plans of the left, and the so called Green party in particular.  Consider what they did. They passed a law requiring the electric companies to reduce the demand for electricity. Now think about that for a minute. What control does the electric provider have over demand? Score yourself a 100 if you said none.

Apparently there wasn't any discussion of just how the providers would accomplish this. Oh, by the way. This law was called " The Renewable Energy and Efficiency Act". Who could be against that?

So the providers, up against this new requirement, and realizing that they don't have any control over demand, come up with this idea of forcing us to use these new bulbs, and they get the approval of the PUCO. When the public gets wind of this, all hell breaks loose, and what does these same legislators do? They publicly blast the electric companies, over looking the fact that they themselves are to blame.

They're no different than their counterparts in Congress. They think the impossible could be done if they pass a law requiring it. And here's the kicker, if people don't like what this law wrought, wait until they get a load of what the Cap and Trade Bill will bring.

So, Dennis. Let's hear from you. I'm sure you were a big proponent of this Bill. Please give us your recommendation as to how the electric companies can reduce demand.

sfc_oliver

[quote author=rusty river link=topic=6292.msg20029#msg20029 date=1254798212

My point in all this, Sarge, is to point out the partisan bias that you and Mr. Moadus exhibit.

You have a problem with the homeless being able to vote. Mr. Moadus thinks that only people who fit his definition of "thoughtful" should be allowed to vote. So how about we make a law requiring citizens to be of a certain income level and educational attainment in order to vote? Would this appease the two of you?

[/quote]

I did not say that I have a problem with anyone being about to vote. I said I had a problem with someone getting a registration and voting at the same time while using a park bench as an address. This was never legal before the Democrats in Ohio felt they needed more votes all of a sudden. You simply do not want to understand that I would welcome a full investigation of the 2000 and 2004 elections, but at the same time please include 2006 and 2008. You ignore the fact that there are already guilty verdicts from voting fraud in 2008, Why isn't there any from other years?

Start the investigation I welcome it. I want all our elections clean. And I have said this several times now. But you still accuse me of being Biased. Show me the investigations and charges. Democrats have been in charge of congress nearly 3 years. Show me the investigations.

Dan Moadus

Rusty River,
I didn't say anything about people having to fit my definition of "thoughtful" voters to be able to vote. I just said I couldn't care less about people who don't vote, and that I think making it easier to vote just encourages the casual voter who, for the most part, are not "thoughtful".

sfc_oliver

Now back up and read a few of my posts. I have stated several times that I was against voter fraud from either side, And even hinted that it happens on both sides. Of course there is no proof other than the ACORN people who have been charged and convicted of submitting false registrations.

Now you want to come along 4 and 8 years later and start throwing out this movie, yet there were no official investigations or charges. I know that several newspapers did independent recounts n Florida back in 2000. But they all came up with Bush as the winner.

Where is the investigations Democrats have a super majority and all I hear is how they are crying because the Republicans aren't being bipartisan. What the hell do you guys want? You think it should be investigated Tell Timmy boy Ryan to get on it. And when there is proof that comes out of a court then I will gladly say good they caught them.

But without the court you got nothing.

sfc_oliver

I watched the trailer and did some reading. And as with most theories they make lots of claims, where is the investigation and charges?

You see I read about Voting fraud investigations happening now in something like 20 states. But they are all from 2008, and we know who is being investigated.

But I don't see any charges from 2000 or 2004. What am I supposed to believe? Democrats in congress in 2007 investigated everything they could think of to hang something, anything on Bush or Cheney, they are still trying. But no election fraud cases.....

sfc_oliver

Quote from: rusty river on October 05, 2009, 05:12:05 PM
Watch the documentary Uncounted: The New Math of American Elections.

"UNCOUNTED is an explosive new documentary that shows how the election fraud that changed the outcome of the 2004 election led to even greater fraud in 2006 - and now looms as an unbridled threat to the outcome of the 2008 election."

So does this biased film claim ahead of time that the Democrats committed fraud in 2006 and 2008? Seems like they started out assuming that the Republicans cheated in 2000 and 2004 then predicted the same in 2006 and 2008. Can't have it both ways, or can we........

I really don't know if I want to know.

sfc_oliver

How we really feel? I just said it. Against voter fraud. No matter where it comes from. Of course there has never been any here, I'm sure.  ??? ???

irishbobcat

Tell us how you conservatives really feel, boys!!!!!!!

sfc_oliver

Dan, you will be crucified for that....But I can't comment on it, I'd write a book, and probably get crucified next to you. And it goes back to Voter fraud. And how did those homeless know they could go and vote, and who took them to get the ballot? We all know the answers. And we know who they were told to vote for.

Dan Moadus

Two thoughts on voter turnout. A low turn out is an indication of just how wonderful our country is. Countries that are torn by strife, or those that are new to freedom always have a big voter turn out, because they are eager for change in their lives. You will note that Obama used this lesson to get elected, but that is another story. Low voter turn out is really a sign of satisfaction. People who are comfortable often don't feel the need to vote. Conversely, people whose lives are terrible will ignore death threats and suicide bombers to cast a ballot.

My second thought is that pushing people to vote, or making it as easy as picking up a pizza, does harm to the country, because the "casual" voter generally doesn't take the time or make the effort to cast an informed vote.

How many people voted for Obama solely because he is black, or because he mouthed the words "change", without reading a single thing about his history, or his agenda?

Though it is politically incorrect, I believe we should not be encouraging "casual" voting by making it easier. All it does is dilute the power of thoughtful votes.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: rusty river on October 04, 2009, 10:07:39 PM
So everyone has the right to vote, unless you're poor, right Sarge?

Please, they were registered and given a ballot on the same day. You have to wonder. Why is it that this never happened before? I wished we could get 100% of the people out to vote. But again, we know that will never happen. Seems most just don't care until they have something to complain about.

There's plenty to complain about today though isn't there.