News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Candidate for 17th Congressional District......Dan Moadus

Started by Dan Moadus, July 11, 2009, 05:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Moadus

Of course I would not support government subsidies for any business. I don't see any such provisions for this in our Constitution. I do not have a problem with our government building and maintaining roads and highways as they are paid for by a 46 cent tax on each gallon on gasoline we purchase. I am opposed to the selling of public utilities and roads to the private sector.

By the way. Did you hear about the Obama Value meal at Mc Donalds? You order anything you want and the guy behind you pays for it.

Dan Moadus

You just gave a good illustration of what distinguishes liberals from conservatives. Liberals think "government" made America great, while conservatives believe "freedom" made it great. Sorry, but I just can't get the image of Samuel Langely's government sponsored airplane plopping into the water as it tried to take off from its houseboat.

Dan Moadus

If, as you maintain, the car is the same, then Sweden must have found a way to repeal the laws of physics. There is nothing magical about certain cars and mileage. The car that gets better mileage must sacrifice something for it. Speed, power or weight, though small differences can come from better aerodynamics.   

iwasthere

nope same type of traffic and roadways but better maintain.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: iwasthere on November 28, 2009, 10:21:43 PM
dm for the ford focus it is neither, it has the same specs that the USA car has.

The difference is the traffic and the roadways.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

dm for the ford focus it is neither, it has the same specs that the USA car has.

iwasthere

dm we should drill our own oil and open up the closed oil fields for nuclear power plants, i still have to study that issue more. i am convince wind and solar canbe profitable for the us citizens by providing good paying manufacturing jobs here instead of having china taking the lead in this matter. would you have oppose jfk when he said the usa will put a man on the moon before this decade was over.(1960)

Dan Moadus

I too, place my hope with inventors, and I am sure that they will create ways to satisfy America's energy needs. But until they do, we should drill our own oil, and build nuclear power plants. Trying to force wind and solar power on our Country before they are efficient enough to compete with fossil fuels will only kill our industries and the jobs that go with them.

Remember, two of our greatest inventions, the automobile and the airplane, didn't come about because our government funded giant research projects, but by individuals seeking to make a buck.

As to your question about the Ford Focus. I can not give you an exact answer, but I can tell you this. The car the gets 40 MPH is either lighter, has less power, or both.

iwasthere

dm like i said before whether the global warming debate is true or not i encourage people to think outside the box so the us is less dependable on foriegn oil. if there are inventors that are out their that can make products that makes us less dependable of fossil fuels. i say go for it. can you tell why the same car, the ford focus that is in us receives 30mpg of fossil fuel consumption while the same model and make in Sweden receives 40 mpg of fossil fuel consumption. dm can you answer this question?

Dan Moadus

Conserving fuel or any other resource is good, and exploring every possibility that science presents is wise, but making up a false crisis is something all together different. And forcing crippling regulations upon American industry based on fabricated data is criminal. You should understand that the so called "green" movement is nothing more than free market hating leftist, who dupe people genuinely conservation minded in order to forward their anti capitalist agendas.

You should understand now that that the data has been "cooked" and "Global warming" is false.

It is now becoming clear that this so called crisis is the biggest hoax ever perpetrated. As I said you can examine the incriminating E-mails yourself at this site: http://bishophill.squarespace.com/blog/2009/11/20/climate-cuttings-33.html

iwasthere

dm if it true or not i am not afraid to think outside of the box to save monies on fuel comsupation items. i wonder if you would have been a naysayer to the early invention steamboats, trains and autos that were inventions that were created by thinking outside of the box.

Dan Moadus

Someone go get Dennis; great news! It appears that the global warming fears that seem to endlessly torment him, have been fabricated, and global warming has not been happening after all. "Climategate" as it is now being called, is due to make a splash as Congressman Inhofe of Oklahoma soon calls for an investigation.

Aparently on November 19, the news broke that thousands of emails and other data were stolen by hackers from the computers in one of the four major climate research centers. This data shows that the very scientists we relied on to determine the extent of global warming, have been fabricating information all along to hide the fact that there is no global warming, and they have also worked to silence their skeptical peers as well.

When you think of all the changes we have made in how we live and produce things in American, and how much hardship and cost we have endured because of this hoax, it makes you want to see these people in jail. And that's where some of them may end up according to some reports.

Don't look for the mainstream media outlets to report on this story; they have all been co-opted, but thankfully, today we have many atlternatives such as this http://bishophill.squarespace.com/blog/2009/11/20/climate-cuttings-33.html
You can go to this and other sites and read the emails for yourself.

I can't wait to read Dennis's reaction. If he is truly concerned about this threat, he will be relieved, and welcome the possibility that the threat isn't real,  but those who are simply using this hoax to promote the destruction of America's economy will try to discredit the information. We'll wait to see if this information pleases, or angers him.

Dan Moadus

I think Obama and his "crew" wants these terrorists tried in Civilian court so that they could put the CIA and George Bush on trial. You know if they were tried in a military tribunal they wouldn't stand a chance of dragging Bush and the CIA into it. They will risk letting these murders go, jeopardize the safety of the people of New York, and incur great cost simply to please their radical base.

sfc_oliver

It has to be a political decision Dan. The Congress cleared the way with the Supreme Court for Military Tribunals to begin at Gitmo in 2006 and they had begun until Mr Obama Stopped them nearly a year ago.

Politics is the only illogical reason I can think of, because there certainly cannot be a logical reason.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Dan Moadus

"Rusty" may be right. I can't say for sure that the bill prohibits someone from selling their home without upgrading it. I haven't read all of the Bill. All I said was that someone sent me the e-mail that I posted. When I get some time I will read further in the bill. Reading more of the Bill for me would simply be for academic purposes, because even if the accusation I posted is is untrue, what I know to be true is more than enough reason to oppose it. Just the fact that Obama said it will double our electric bills and put "Coal" out of business is enough for me.

On another subject. I am ashamed to say that not a single person from my party (Democrat) signed on as a co-sponsor of H.R. 2294, a Bill making it against the law for any prisoners from Guantanamo to be brought to United States.

Why would anyone want to bring them into the Country when they are perfectly secure in GITMO?