News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Candidate for 17th Congressional District......Dan Moadus

Started by Dan Moadus, July 11, 2009, 05:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

Quote from: irishbobcat on December 23, 2009, 11:04:13 AM
You sound like a Conservative Republican to me.....and besides, we don't need anymore Blue-Dog Democrats....One Charlie Wilson is enough for Ohio.....and this area.....
We don't need radical leftists like you either who are so far out of the mainstream in society it is not even funny. Keep drinking the Al Gore Kool-Aide!

irishbobcat

You sound like a Conservative Republican to me.....and besides, we don't need anymore Blue-Dog Democrats....One Charlie Wilson is enough for Ohio.....and this area.....

Dan Moadus

Quote from: irishbobcat on December 22, 2009, 09:34:21 PM
How you gonna beat Timmy and Jimbo running as a conservative republican in a
Democratic primary?
I am not running as a conservative Republican, I am running as a conservative Democrat, and I happen to believe that most Democrats agree with my positions than do with our current Democratic leadership's. For instance. I believe that we are over taxed. I believe the Government is too big, and spends too much. I believe we should seal our borders to prevent illegals from gaining entry, and believe illegals shouldn't be able to access our social services including schools and hospitals. I believe they should be sent packing instead of given drivers licenses . I believe in individual gun ownership and don't believe in global warming. I believe that the Federal Reserve should be audited then disbanded. I do not support the Cap and Trade bill nor the Government take over of the health care industry.

I think there are more Democrats in this District that agree with my positions on these issues, then the current leadership.

Towntalk

ytowner

Quote from: irishbobcat on December 22, 2009, 09:34:21 PM
Democratic primary?
1. Traficant is not going to be running as a Dem.
2. No guarantee Traficant even runs in the 17th.
3. He will get more votes than you did because more people are conservatives than radical environmentalists in our area!

irishbobcat

Democratic primary?

Dan Moadus

I took out petitions today to officially declare my candidacy for the 17th District Congressional seat.

Towntalk

Global Warming?

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/uschill.gif

As for Polar Bears, if you watch nature pictures on TV you would know that male Polar Bears kill and yes, eat young Polar Bears. In fact, so do Brown Bears, Black Bears and Grizzle Bears. It's their nature.

Adult male bears males occasionally kill and eat polar bear cubs.

^ Derocher, AE and Wiig, Oe; Infanticide and Cannibalism of Juvenile Polar Bears (Ursus maritimus) in Svalbard Arctic [Arctic]. Vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 307-310. Sep 1999

Male bears, especially Polar and Brown Bears, will kill and sometimes devour cubs born to another father in order to induce a female to breed again. Female bears are often successful in driving off males in protection of their cubs, despite being rather smaller.

Dan Moadus

In light of the revelation that climate data was tampered with to hide the fact that the Earth is not warming, but in fact is cooling, I am calling on Tim Ryan, or any of our Representatives in Congress to rescind the vote taken by the House approving the Cap and Trade legislation.

Any reading of this bill makes it clear that it will place additional burdens on our industries, will effect America's competitiveness, and destroy jobs. And now that we know that the Earth is not warming as reported, there is no good reason not to rescind this vote.

As I say on my web site  http://www.danmoadus.org/papers/environment.htm  "With this in mind and considering the present plight we find our economy in, don't you think we could take a break from saving the globe for a couple of decades and allow American industry a little breathing room so that it can be revived? Let China and India take up the fight for the next ten years, because if they decide not to worry about the environment and continue to build their industries at the pace they are currently doing, it won't matter how "green" America becomes anyways.

Let's get off the backs of American industry for a while so that it can do what it does best which, of course, is to lead the world. We need to restore our industrial base and economy to secure a decent standard of living for our children.

Let's take a gamble that the globe can make if for another 20 or 25 years, and then revisit the global warming issue. In the mean time, maybe China and India could be persuaded to join us in making the necessary changes."

It should be clear that, even if global warming is not a hoax, It does not present an immediate problem; we need to get back to restoring America's economy, and it's leadership position in manufacturing..........Dan Moadus

iwasthere

if you have a message that people can believe in you a D or R will not matter. if you are a false candidate in your name and reputation and your message you will never be elected to dog catcher in this town.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: iwasthere on December 04, 2009, 08:36:23 AM
dan if you believe in reagan destiny speech for the future owners of this country run as a republican instead of a democrate.

Everyone knows a Republican cannot get elected in this district. Got to have that Big D behind your name.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

sfc_oliver

Quote from: Towntalk on December 04, 2009, 12:01:50 AM
Dennis: Lets put that quote into full context because what was said then does have meaning for us today.

Ronald Reagan's  rendezvous with destiny speech.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvg7lRsCVJ8

Excellent, I haven't even thought of that in years.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

dan if you believe in reagan destiny speech for the future owners of this country run as a republican instead of a democrate.

Towntalk

Dennis: Lets put that quote into full context because what was said then does have meaning for us today.

Ronald Reagan's  rendezvous with destiny speech.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvg7lRsCVJ8

Dan Moadus

Came across President Reagan's "Time to choose speech" on http://www.infidelsparadise.com/  Near the end he said this: "You and I have a rendezvous with destiny, we'll  preserve for our children this last best hope for men on Earth, or we will sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness.". With all my heart, I think those words are more true today than they ever were.