News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Candidate for 17th Congressional District......Dan Moadus

Started by Dan Moadus, July 11, 2009, 05:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Moadus

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on December 27, 2009, 04:21:31 PM
History does show us that "managed economy" by the government never worked.  During the great depression decade, government seemed to do more harm than good for the economy.  It was only after a decade of financial instability that a massive armament industry rose to pull us out of stagnation.  In other words, we had a lot to sell to the world.

Today, we are just at the beginning of a depression and the alarming difference with the last great depression, is that we have no industry to create product to sell to the world!  If you become our congressman, what industry will you bring to the valley?  What businesses will you have us concentrate on to produce product and be competitive globally?

What we're trying to say is, we are not stupid, we know government is just printing money to stall.  We can see that the Valley is only sustained by public sector income and that private sector REAL money is insignificant. we need a leader to show us the money!!!  How to make the money, everything else is smoke and mirrors.

Let's clear up some common mis-conceptions first. It is common to hear people say we don't make anything in America any more. This simply is not true. When I hear people say this, I ask them what year do they think was the "peak" year for manufacturing in America. Usually, they guess in the 40's or 50's. Most are surprised to learn that it was just two years ago 2007. America still produces over 25 percent of the world's goods; China produces only 8 percent. You should also know that 2/3 of our trade imbalance is due to importing oil.

I also do not think its a Congressman's job to bring jobs to his or her district. And in fact, when you see some politician bragging about an industry they brought to the Valley, it's usually just a case of getting in front of a parade that already started. A Congressman's job is to attend to the health of the Country. Actually, the best thing a Congressman can do for business is to see that government stays out of it's way. Small government that doesn't tax or regulate businesses to death is what creates jobs, then it's up to the locals to follow suit with reasonable taxes and regulations. Our valley has a lot of strengths to offer potential businesses, but there are also many reasons we get passed by. Certainly you don't believe all those steel mills that once located here, came because of some Congressman, do you?

Towntalk

Dennis:

I would also add a number of people in the Obama administraton who make Alger Hiss look like a 100% loyal American.

Youngstownshrimp

Quote from: Dan Moadus on December 27, 2009, 12:08:21 PM
If you think government solutions are "thinking outside the box", you might want to review a little history of Countries that thought they could manage the economy better than the free market

History does show us that "managed economy" by the government never worked.  During the great depression decade, government seemed to do more harm than good for the economy.  It was only after a decade of financial instability that a massive armament industry rose to pull us out of stagnation.  In other words, we had a lot to sell to the world.

Today, we are just at the beginning of a depression and the alarming difference with the last great depression, is that we have no industry to create product to sell to the world!  If you become our congressman, what industry will you bring to the valley?  What businesses will you have us concentrate on to produce product and be competitive globally?

What we're trying to say is, we are not stupid, we know government is just printing money to stall.  We can see that the Valley is only sustained by public sector income and that private sector REAL money is insignificant. we need a leader to show us the money!!!  How to make the money, everything else is smoke and mirrors.

irishbobcat

ok, just checking to see who was in your extreme left group....

Towntalk

The CPUSA for one, but don't worry I don't consider Greens as extreme left wing.

There are extreme Democrats such as Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer.

Another is Michael Moore and Al Frankin.

irishbobcat

Specifically, who is the extreme left who push the agenda in your post, towntalk?

Towntalk

The Extreme Left Agenda:

REPEAL :
The 1st Amendment
The 2nd Amendment
The 4th Amendment
The 5th Amendment
The 6th Amendment
The 8th Amendment
The 10th Amendment
The 22nd Amendment

Dan Moadus

Quote from: iwasthere on December 26, 2009, 01:30:10 PM
you will never be able to think outside the box to fix the problems that society faces today aka alternative energy, increase pro labor organizations, healthcare for everyone those are few items that you will not satisfy my society's goals.
If you think government solutions are "thinking outside the box", you might want to review a little history of Countries that thought they could manage the economy better than the free market.

You would think that with all the evidence available detailing the catastrophes that resulted, including the loss of life and freedoms, there would be little interest in going down those paths, but the "promise" of helping others, and equality are just so appealing that people choose to ignore the history of so many "social experiments".

How could you ignore what took place in the Soviet Union, and what continues today in Countries like North Korea and Cuba. All the human tragedy and servitude that resulted when all these Countries tried to do was take care of people, just like those in Washington today. It all sounds so nice, so kind, so reasonable. Just trust the leaders to "plan" out the entire economy, so it can be more fair. Then in five years, after the plan fails, make another one, and another.

The difference of course, is that there is always a new crop of "Would be tyrants" who think it all failed because it just wasn't done right. They think that if only they could get a chance, they would do it better. Hence the saying, "Communism only killed a hundred million people, let's give it another chance."

irishbobcat

Dan's platform is simple....help the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.

iwasthere

Quote from: Dan Moadus on December 23, 2009, 12:58:26 PM

Your fear is what? That I won't be as liberal as you want, or I won't be as conservative as you want?
you will never be able to think outside the box to fix the problems that society faces today aka alternative energy, increase pro labor organizations, healthcare for everyone those are few items that you will not satisfy my society's goals.

irishbobcat

Merry Christmas News and Views....keep studying ......

ytowner

Quote from: irishbobcat on December 23, 2009, 11:28:27 AM
News and Views....don't you have a high school science project due after the holidays?

Stick to working on your homework instead of getting involved with politics...be a good little boy and go hang your stockings for Santa.....
I am in my second year of college. You can attempt to insult me, but it will fail. Degrading a person will look quite impressive on your resume!

Dan Moadus

Quote from: iwasthere on December 23, 2009, 12:10:50 PM
dan no matter what you say i do not trust your sincerity as a rep for all individuals in 17th district.
Your fear is what? That I won't be as liberal as you want, or I won't be as conservative as you want?

iwasthere

dan no matter what you say i do not trust your sincerity as a rep for all individuals in 17th district.

irishbobcat

News and Views....don't you have a high school science project due after the holidays?

Stick to working on your homework instead of getting involved with politics...be a good little boy and go hang your stockings for Santa.....