News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Candidate for 17th Congressional District......Dan Moadus

Started by Dan Moadus, July 11, 2009, 05:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Moadus

This morning I filed petitions with the Trumbull County Board of elections to have my name placed on the ballot for the May 4th Primary election as a Democratic candidate for Ohio's 17th District Congressional race.

iwasthere

Quote from: sfc_oliver on February 03, 2010, 09:24:32 AM
I've been attempting to get action from Ryans office for 3 years now, and it has to do with Healthcare reform. I was told expect to lose. Ryan needs to go.
what is your formula for decent healthcare for ALL citizens of United States?

sfc_oliver

I've been attempting to get action from Ryans office for 3 years now, and it has to do with Healthcare reform. I was told expect to lose. Ryan needs to go.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

Quote from: irishbobcat on February 02, 2010, 11:29:48 AM
Can't wait til May 4th when Ryan wins Re-Election!
i heard today that ryan is running scared these days due to his shoddy representation on the healthcare debate and the traficant element.

irishbobcat

Dan Moadus

The Federal Deficit this year is reported to be $1.6 trillion dollars. That number simply doesn't register with people. Here is a way to visualize it.

A dollar bill is .005" of an inch thick. It takes 200 of them to make a stack 1 inch thick. Imagine for a minute that you walked out on to a pier in New York City and stood this 1 inch stack up on it's edge, and started to add stacks to it. Imagine how much money it would take to extend this line of money across the City. Then imagine how much money it would take to extend the line across the State of New York.

How long of a "money line" could we create with this $1.6 trillion dollars?
Amazingly,  It would extend to California......................................And back..........................................18 times.

Oh, and remember. That amount is not how much our government is going to spend this year. It is how much more they are going to spend than they have.......Dan Moadus

sfc_oliver

Ryan is for Ryan, I have nothing good to say about him and his staff so I'll be quiet.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Dan Moadus

The other day my opponent appeared on the WKBN's Rob Mangino show. When asked if he still supported the Cap and Trade legislation Ryan said that he did, because they made changes to the Bill. He went on to say, "Where before, we were charging for carbon credits, we are now giving them away for free."

So inured to "green speak" Ryan appears incapable of understanding just how ludicrous that statement is.

In regular English he is saying this to American business, and in turn to it's workers: "We were going to charge you for the limits that we are placing on how much energy you use, but have now decided that we will limit you for free."

This display of arrogance and lack of understanding of American principles is bewildering.

Dan Moadus

irishbobcat

America doesn't need anymore right wing conservatives who sell mom and pop Americans down the river to
Big Business, Big credit card companies, big health care companies, and big drug companies.....

Dan Moadus

This is really bothering me, and I'm wondering if I have it wrong or has every commentator missed this? We know that the Country finished the year with over a trillion dollar deficit, so the money that was used to bail out banks and auto companies did not come out of our government's general revenue, but was borrowed or printed.

The only rationale for the printing or borrowing was that we needed to do these bailouts because these companies were "too big to fail". Now that some of these companies are paying the money back, shouldn't it be paid back if it was borrowed, or destroyed if it was just printed?

If this isn't done, doesn't it lend credence to my theory that the "bailouts" have been used to launder huge amounts of money by our politicians? My theory is that just printing money to hand out to politicians would cause a public outrage. But this returned money can now be viewed as "paid back" rather than "printed money. In effect the money has been "legitimized" and is ready to pass out as "pork" to buy votes with.

Dan Moadus

I appreciate the advice, but I would never run as a third party candidate.  I think it is much easier to change the existing parties to suit us. For instance. The Democrat Party has been dragged leftward for over thirty years now. I think it has been dragged away from most mainstream voters. Especially this past year. There are people like me, and Justin Wooden over in the Akron area who are very strong conservatives who are working to drag the party back to the right. Actually the task is not as difficult as it might seem, because most Democrats lean conservative. I'm sure you've seen that no Democrat runs as a liberal, and certainly not as a progressive. That's a pretty good indication that America doesn't elect liberals, except when they lie as Obama did. All you have to do to defeat them, is to "out" them, as I intend to do with Tim Ryan.

iwasthere

Quote from: Dan Moadus on January 23, 2010, 05:21:07 PM
I understand your point, but those parties all achieved "critical mass" and had to win the majority of the votes before they took power. Ours is a winner take all system. A new party could win a decent amount of the votes and still not have any representation, unlike a parliamentary system where if you win 10 percent of the vote you get to have 10 percent representation. So you're correct in saying it's possible; I just think it's very unlikely at this juncture.
dan give it a try again. we might be surprise at the end results.

Dan Moadus

I understand your point, but those parties all achieved "critical mass" and had to win the majority of the votes before they took power. Ours is a winner take all system. A new party could win a decent amount of the votes and still not have any representation, unlike a parliamentary system where if you win 10 percent of the vote you get to have 10 percent representation. So you're correct in saying it's possible; I just think it's very unlikely at this juncture.

iwasthere

Quote from: Dan Moadus on January 21, 2010, 04:58:56 PM
Chances are, you won't see a successful independent party in America. Our system isn't structured to allow it. The other problem is figuring out just what it is that they could stand for that isn't covered by the two parties. I remember Pero's Reform party. It attracted disgruntled people from the left and the right. The first time they met to draft a platform it was almost a riot. You are far better off electing people who represent your views and get them to change the existing parties, as I am attempting to do in the Democratic Party.
i disagree with you dan there have  been numerous political parties in usa since our country's conception. the whig party, the federalist party and  progressive party these parties did fight the established ruling political parties at the time and their political victories  mold the fabric of usa today's thinking.