News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Candidate for 17th Congressional District......Dan Moadus

Started by Dan Moadus, July 11, 2009, 05:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: Dan Moadus on February 08, 2010, 12:33:05 PM
If I am elected, you can count on me to sponsor and support efforts to make accessing our State's rich coal and natural gas deposits easier, with less restrictions, in order to make Ohio's energy less expensive. Nothing entices industry to move to a region like cheaper energy.

My opponent's efforts to support so called "green jobs, or green industries" is nothing more than naive political blather designed to make people think he has a vision for the future. And maybe he does, but you can be sure of one thing.  No matter how many of our tax dollars they spend chasing green pipe dreams, the "future" they envision will not get here soon enough to cure what is ailing our country right now.

We all await the day that a little windmill the size of a satellite dish could provide all our household energy needs, and there is little doubt that that day will come, but no one in the know believes that that day will arrive sooner than twenty or twenty-five years from now. In the mean time, coal, natural gas, and nuclear power is all we have, and all efforts to "Cap" its use should be ended before further damage is done to Ohio's manufacturing base.

A February 7th Vindicator article talked about the "Marcellus Shale Formation". It is a natural gas deposit the size of Greece, which lies under Eastern Ohio, most of Pa., and W. Virginia. It is estimated that it contains enough clean burning gas to fuel our entire country for at least twenty years. However, accessing it produces an un-wanted by-product; a "briny" wastewater. The article goes on to say, "Everybody and his brother is trying to come up with the 11 herbs and spices", referring to the search for a good way to treat or dispose of this wastewater.

The article mentioned that "entrepreneurs" are trying to market portable devices for treating this by-product. Wouldn't it make sense to divert investment from so called green energy efforts, to support people who are seeking easier ways to exploit an energy source that is available right now, Our region could be to natural gas, what Saudi Arabia is to oil?

We certainly should continue to support basic research that will someday provide us with endless cheap and clean energy, but it's time our leaders quit fabricating false hopes based on wind and solar power just to give the impression that they are forward thinkers.
dan like i said before you will never be elected because you are not truthful about your party's affiliation. dan came clean and fuss up that you are a republican through and through.

irishbobcat

I know, Dan. Coal is not clean...it pollutes our air and streams. Ohio is ranked second in soot, mercury, and ash pollution from coal burning plants.....

I bet you are also for mountaintop removal....another environmental disaster....

Plus you support more nukes......man, you are one dirty energy crazy person ....

Dan Moadus

I didn't say anything about "clean coal". I said coal.

irishbobcat

Dan, there's no such thing as clean coal.....you're a typical conservative big business polluter....

Dan Moadus

If I am elected, you can count on me to sponsor and support efforts to make accessing our State's rich coal and natural gas deposits easier, with less restrictions, in order to make Ohio's energy less expensive. Nothing entices industry to move to a region like cheaper energy.

My opponent's efforts to support so called "green jobs, or green industries" is nothing more than naive political blather designed to make people think he has a vision for the future. And maybe he does, but you can be sure of one thing.  No matter how many of our tax dollars they spend chasing green pipe dreams, the "future" they envision will not get here soon enough to cure what is ailing our country right now.

We all await the day that a little windmill the size of a satellite dish could provide all our household energy needs, and there is little doubt that that day will come, but no one in the know believes that that day will arrive sooner than twenty or twenty-five years from now. In the mean time, coal, natural gas, and nuclear power is all we have, and all efforts to "Cap" its use should be ended before further damage is done to Ohio's manufacturing base.

A February 7th Vindicator article talked about the "Marcellus Shale Formation". It is a natural gas deposit the size of Greece, which lies under Eastern Ohio, most of Pa., and W. Virginia. It is estimated that it contains enough clean burning gas to fuel our entire country for at least twenty years. However, accessing it produces an un-wanted by-product; a "briny" wastewater. The article goes on to say, "Everybody and his brother is trying to come up with the 11 herbs and spices", referring to the search for a good way to treat or dispose of this wastewater.

The article mentioned that "entrepreneurs" are trying to market portable devices for treating this by-product. Wouldn't it make sense to divert investment from so called green energy efforts, to support people who are seeking easier ways to exploit an energy source that is available right now, Our region could be to natural gas, what Saudi Arabia is to oil?

We certainly should continue to support basic research that will someday provide us with endless cheap and clean energy, but it's time our leaders quit fabricating false hopes based on wind and solar power just to give the impression that they are forward thinkers.

irishbobcat

you're right, sarge, I have a life, and I shouldn't waste it arguing with a person like you....

sfc_oliver

Quote from: irishbobcat on February 07, 2010, 03:56:55 PM
But you liked it when government took taxpayer time and money to plow out your personal driveway on Saturday?

They could have spent the gas, time, and money doing a street like they are supposed too!

My bet is it took one guy an extra hour to do what the Mayor asked of our street department. You have a problem with that? Tell you what, sue the village. Take us to court. Make a federal issue out of it. Then get a life.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

But you liked it when government took taxpayer time and money to plow out your personal driveway on Saturday?

They could have spent the gas, time, and money doing a street like they are supposed too!

sfc_oliver

You won't balance the budget while giving away the store. We need jobs, we do not need jobs that must be subsidized by the government in order to exist. We already have too many of those. Does your disagreement with everything I say blind you that badly?

My mind is wide open for intelligent ideas, but I cannot accept more spending and bigger Government. It simply doesn't work.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

when is government not bad? Oh, when we get 16 inches of snow and we need government to plow the streets...

We need better health care......the current system destroys financial security for the everyday person....

We need green jobs and we need them now....we need to put people back to work.....

We need a balanced budget by cutting watseful spending and raising revenues.....

Why?Town

Quote from: irishbobcat on February 06, 2010, 11:10:53 AM
we need no more narrowed-minded people like sarge!

So you'd prefer:

more illegals
more deficit spending
more subsidized Green energy
more bailouts for bad business
more closed door health care planning
more bad government?

irishbobcat

sfc_oliver

We need more people in Washington to say NO

No more illegals
No more deficit spending