News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Candidate for 17th Congressional District......Dan Moadus

Started by Dan Moadus, July 11, 2009, 05:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Moadus

My analogy was not a good one, let me be more direct. I pointed out that wind power was not efficient, you responded by saying the problem is solved by efficient delivery and storage of it, which is not much different than had you said, "The problem is solved by solving it." Of course it would be efficient if you could find a better way to deliver and store it, but no one has.

Me pointing out a problem, and you saying that it won't be a problem once it is solved is not much of an answer. The simple fact remains that storing electricity is a problem that has resisted a solution for nearly a hundred years, and until some one discovers a better way to do it, forcing the use of wind and solar power upon the Country does more harm than good.

irishbobcat

That endorsement and 99 cents might buy you a cup of coffee......

Dan Moadus

I am pleased to announce that my candidacy has been endorsed by the "Liberty Committee".

I have been meeting with some of the fine people of this patriotic group for the past few months, and greatly value their decision.

If you are interested, you can read the endorsment here: http://liberty-committee.blogspot.com/

You can also learn about the "Liberty Committee" here: http://www.libertycommittee.com/learnmore.html

Dan Moadus

Quote from: Steve Novotny on February 24, 2010, 11:47:03 PM
No I'm not. This problem is solved by efficient delivery of the power and the ability to store the power generated.

That's nice Steve. That's like saying crime is solved by all parents instilling the respect of property and life in their children. Are you aware of anyone who has developed a way to store wind generated power?

sfc_oliver

How many times have I pointed out that it is science and not government that must take the lead and the time to find the next best energy source?

<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Dan Moadus

As I said in an earlier post. Government sponsored R&D is fine. But our government is going far beyond that. It is disguising wind and solar power's inefficienties by subsidizing it's use. And worse, some State governments are legislating that a percent of the it's power be created by it, knowing that it has yet to make the grade on cost efficiency.

And you are still overlooking the point of my original post which was to say that wind power still has to have a conventional generating source "hot idling" nearby, wasting energy, so power shortages do not occur when the wind stops.

Wind and solar are still far from practical use, and my only concern is that our government doesn't force it's use upon us.

Dan Moadus

Dan Moadus

It really doesn't matter who said it if its true does it? I never said the article was written by a scientist. Do you have any "scientific" articles disputing what I posted?

Dan Moadus

Below are excerpts from an article explaining just how inefficient and costly wind power is. It truly is a hoax perpetuated solely to push a political agenda. Also provided is a link to the full article. It's not too late to back America away from this scam, and to save American industry and jobs. It actually makes the case that wind power sometimes result in more CO2 emmissions.

"As more wind turbines are commissioned, more coal plants have to be available to run at short notice to replace the lost energy when the wind doesn't blow. In order to do this, the coal plant has to be running at below its maximum and most efficient rating which causes more carbon dioxide per megawatt hour than if it ran at full load. In the extreme, the coal plant has to be in a condition known as hot standby. This is when the boilers are kept hot and ready to run immediately. In this condition energy is being consumed with no power output."

"A cold coal fired power station takes anything up to 36 hours to start. If there is forecast to be insufficient wind power in 36 hours time a coal plant will be given an instruction to start, but if the forecast is wrong and the wind picks up before then, that instruction may be cancelled. During that time it will have consumed a lot of coal and generated nothing."
http://www.climategate.com/wind-turbines-the-truth

iwasthere

Dan Moadus

Yes, you are correct. We certainly have many other things to worry about and work on.

iwasthere

so why fret over something that will not happen. we can use our energy solving other problems that are more important to our country financial health.

Dan Moadus

There can be no doubt about Obam's anti gun philosophy, or those of his Cabinet. Please don't make me have to look up all the anti gun quotes attributed to him. He is reluctant to move overtly on this agenda because he know what kind of "firestorm" it would unleash.

iwasthere

has the pres presented any legislation to date to congress to pass to support what is being written on this board?

Dan Moadus

Of course Obama wants to take our guns. He's a progressive who has appointed the most radical leftist cabinet in our history, including the most rabid anti-gun Attorney General, Eric Holder.