News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Candidate for 17th Congressional District......Dan Moadus

Started by Dan Moadus, July 11, 2009, 05:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

i am saying whose sin is worst in these two incidents. what would jesus do?

Why?Town

What does it really say about a man if you have to compare him to a percieved murderer to make him look good?

iwasthere

Quote from: Dan Moadus on May 17, 2010, 02:30:11 PM
Who cares which one is the biggest scum? Why elect scum at all?
trafficant does not have blood on his hands aka teddy kennedy. murder is murder. taking money hurts someone pocketbook.

Dan Moadus

Who cares which one is the biggest scum? Why elect scum at all?

iwasthere

Quote from: Dan Moadus on May 12, 2010, 11:46:43 PM
Yes, but if I recall correctly it was much more than $10,000. I also don't think he beat the IRS, he beat the Justice Dept. He admitted taking the money, so he ended up having to pay the tax on it.
yes that is correct. he never was convicted of any crime of bribery on this account. like i said before if everyone that was involved in trafficant's bribery scheme in the past went to jail then he should not run for any political offices but these individuals went on to have successful careers. so crime does pay when involves the government civil servants. ted kennedy served 42 years in the senate even when he allowed his mistress to drown. he never tried called for help to aid HER.  he called his father's vanguard to aid HIM from going to jail. who is the bigger scum?

Dan Moadus

Here is a link to Vindy's archives. Here is more than you want to know about Jim Trafficant. Audio tapes, and transcripts of them, and a complete set of new articles. It is an amazing compilation.
http://www.vindy.com/traficant/

Dan Moadus

Yes, but if I recall correctly it was much more than $10,000. I also don't think he beat the IRS, he beat the Justice Dept. He admitted taking the money, so he ended up having to pay the tax on it.

iwasthere

dan are  you referring to the meeting when he met with Jimmy Prato at the Calla club which the IRS tried to try him on tax invasion for taking $10,000 without reporting it to the IRS and Jimbo beat the IRS at their own game?

Dan Moadus

My support for Trafficant ended on the day, long ago, when I read a complete transcript, which was printed in the Vindicator, (three or four pages long) of a tape made by the FBI of a conversation between Traficant and some mafia chieftain, I forget who. In the transcript, Trafficant, in his own words, promises to protect the mob if elected Sheriff. He also admitted taking thousands of dollars from them.

He has never admitted any wrong doing, and while there are those who believe him, the odds are simply against his complete innocence. While I certainly believe in redemption and rehabilitation, those words are usually associated with repentance, and there is no evidence of it in him. He served his time for his crimes, and is entitled to reenter society, but certainly not as our representative.

In the coming General Election, I will be working for, contributing to, and supporting Jim Graham. Contrast Graham's life story with Trafficant, and tell me how anyone could do otherwise.

iwasthere

dm, no ryan has no fresh ideas. he votes the way the dem party tells him to vote on an issue. can you give me examples the fresh ideas that JIMBO has in this upcoming  november election. i will give credit to JIMBO he always stuck-up for the little guy whether it was popular or not. I have told his arch supporter, Linda that Jimbo must come to the party with new fresh ideas and how to solve our current economic conditions in this mah valley. we all know that he and the irs have a no love lost relationship between each other that does not cut the ice with me. people loathed the irs since it conception. we as usa residents should have another way of paying the bills for our country. is there any new ideas out there with our public officials in the way of paying the bills for our government?

Rick Rowlands

Our "old" congressman was the ones with the fresh ideas.  Our "young" current congressman is the one practicing the "old style" politics. 

Dan Moadus

Quote from: iwasthere on May 08, 2010, 12:29:08 PM
Dan look at your numbers that were casted for you in the campaign for congress against Tim Ryan.  one must face the facts that they can do more for their cause when working in the background by putting a new fresh face to scene. the public looks at you as an old hat that must be put back on the rack. so, a new hat can be taken off of the political hat rack to attract new and fresh faces and voters to parttake in their civic duty.

I do hope you are not referring to Tim Ryan when you refer as the "new fresh face".

Rick Rowlands

I look at issues and political philosophy, not age when choosing who to vote for.

iwasthere

Quote from: Dan Moadus on May 07, 2010, 04:26:41 PM
So sorry to disappoint you but I have no intention of getting out of politics. In fact I am already planning my next campaign. You must not know much about me, if you thought there was even a remote chance that I wouldn't continue to run.
Dan look at your numbers that were casted for you in the campaign for congress against Tim Ryan.  one must face the facts that they can do more for their cause when working in the background by putting a new fresh face to scene. the public looks at you as an old hat that must be put back on the rack. so, a new hat can be taken off of the political hat rack to attract new and fresh faces and voters to parttake in their civic duty.

Dan Moadus

So sorry to dissapoint you but I have no intention of getting out of politics. In fact I am already planning my next campaign. You must not know much about me, if you thought there was even a remote chance that I wouldn't continue to run.