News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Climate Change Legislation

Started by Towntalk, June 25, 2009, 02:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

Obama is about to raise taxes on EVERY American when he signs this tomorrow.

GOD HELP OUR NATION!

sfc_oliver

We live in very dangerous times when legislation and laws are made and passed by people who cannot even take the time to read them.

I can promise that I will never vote for anyone who is in Washington today.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

Remember that gargantuan climate change bill I told you about? It's gotten bigger. Over the weekend, the bill grew from 946 pages to 1,201 pages, according to the Sunlight Foundation. It's still changing, with important amendments in flux.

But Democratic leaders in the House say they'll push for a vote on the bill as early as Friday. They think they can pass it. This is an incredibly expensive undertaking. If anyone in Congress tells you that he has read and completely understands this bill, and can explain exactly how the system to reduce carbon emissions would work and what its effects would be, he's lying.

The fastest speed-readers and the most intelligent minds can't make informed decisions with that much time. How can Congress? Sunlight Foundation Engagement Director Jake Brewer said today in a statement. "The problem here is the bill wasn't developed in the open in a committee, so no one -- including those members of Congress not on the Energy Committee -- knows how this latest version was created.

sfc_oliver

I wonder how many will read it first.  I glanced at it and the second paragragh I looked at talked about 40% and international organizations. Again I say SLOW DOWN.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

For those who want to follow the floor proceedings on the Climate Change Bill H.R. 2454 it will be covered on C-SPAN live tomorrow (FRIDAY, JUNE 26, 2009).

The House will meet at 9:00 A.M.