News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Nuclear Power

Started by Towntalk, June 17, 2009, 04:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Another example of the lunacy of the environmentalists.  They advocate the elimination of all practical large scale sources of electrical power while replacing it with infintesimal amounts of "renewable" generating capacity. They don't seem to be able to run the numbers and realize that one doesn't equal the other.

However, they aren't even happy with renewables. Don't build too many windmills or it will spoil the view or kill too many birds.  Don't build any more hydro plants as it interferes with the lives of native species. 

I could see more people joining the green movement if their position was based in reality and practicality. 

Towntalk

Perhaps we should go back to using candles and kerosene lanterns as a stand for those windmills when there isn't enough wind to generate sufficient power.

Oops, candles produce carbon smoke and kerosene is a petrolium derivitive, so that's a no-go.

Seriously though, given that nuclear power is in the environmental legislation, passed by Congress and signed by the President all I can say is good luck. >:( ;D >:( ;)

sfc_oliver

So now we would rather have coal than clean nuclear. We have had Submarines running on Nuclear power for 30 years without incident, And France gets 70% of their power from Nuclear. But we can't have it? You can bury the spent rods in my back yard. they are perfectly safe.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

I know about it...and have been working with the Sierra Club to stop it from going in along with others from southern Ohio.......

Towntalk

Dennis did you see this:

Ohio is likely home of new-generation nuclear power plant

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/news/1245227666164350.xml&coll=2