News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Carbon emissions

Started by Towntalk, June 12, 2009, 01:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

There is truly little comparison between Vietnam and Iraq. Vietnam was won by the military and lost by the people and politicians.

Iraq so far has been won by the military and has yet to be lost by the people and politicians.

Nearly every country in the world believed that Saddam still had WMD, Some of our intelligence even came from Russia. Those who want to believe we only went into iraq for Oil are delusional at best. (Where's the oil?)
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

AllanY2525

The war in Iraq is total BULLSH*T.  If Iraq did not have the world's
SECOND LARGEST OIL RESERVE, then  George W. Bush never would
have started this war.

The Chinese government tortures and kills people for having dissenting
points of view, saying anything negative about the Communist government
there, etc.

Hundreds of thousands were killed in Sierra Leone over those "Blood Diamonds"

There is STILL human slavery going on in Sub-Saharan Africa..to this very day.

The United States has, for the most part, ignored these transgressions against
human life, and human rights, because there is no oil in these places, and
picking on the Chinese would be picking on someone OUR OWN SIZE, WHO CAN
HIT BACK!

irishbobcat

so we keep pouring more and more troops in to avoid troops who died in vain....

funny, LBJ did and said the same thing in Vietnam......and look what that led to...

I'm glad you're not in Washington either....stay retired....

sfc_oliver

Tell that to 25 million Iraqis.

And if we come back before they can sustain that freedom then our troops who died or were wounded giving them this chance at freedom did so in vain.

Thank God you are not in Washington.

irishbobcat

The Iraq War has nothing to do with freedom.....

2/3 of America is against it....

It's time to come home......

sfc_oliver

Freedom is never old. What price would you pay for yours?

irishbobcat

Then what grave danger was there???????  There were no WMD/s.....

NONE! NONE! NONE!

Just an excuse for Bush to play cowboy and go to war!

Another Vietnam!

And don't hide behind the price of freedom slogan either.....it get's real old, sarge....

sfc_oliver

"My fellow citizens. At this hour, American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger."
George W Bush

There is no Price on freedom Mr wannabe congressman.

We are safer today than we were on 911. Safer, not safe. I believe we will be attacked again. It is only the how and where and when.

And no one ever said that Saddam had any connection to 9-11 bush even told us that he did not back in 2001.

irishbobcat

Are we any safer from terrorist attacks now that Saddam is dead and thousands of Americans are dead? I believe the answer is no.....

Saddam had no connection with 9/11..........

War-mongers and neo-cons running amuck put us and keep us in Iraq.......

Rick Rowlands

Its not ego, but an attempt to keep our country safe.  There were some wrong decisions made , but it wasn't for ego that it was done.

Cutting taxes actually spurs economic growth. Its a well known fact.  Look it up.

Rick Rowlands

No the jobs were not all in the service industry.  Remember Lordstown putting on a third shift? Was that service industry?  Every steel plant in the country was running near capacity, and one major producer was planning to build a new integrated steel plant in Louisiana.  Not service industry.  The railroad industry in which I worked was hiring constantly, and those were good union jobs. Every year they set new tonnage records.  Not service industry. The economy really was booming. 

I don't know why so many people place so much responsibility on one man.  There are over 300 million people in this country and 435 other decision makers in our government, not to mention a million of bureaucrats who actually implement policy.  So why every single thing that happens is placed on the shoulders of one man certainly eludes me, and demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of how things actually work. 

irishbobcat

You can't cut taxes like Bush did and try to wage a war, Sarge.....

The economy suffers......

and people die in an illegal invasion of another country for Bush's ego....

sfc_oliver

The billions spent in Iraq? Does that Equal the trillions Obama has spent in 5 months yet?

irishbobcat

This economy won't turn around until we bring all our troops home from Iraq....
The billions we have wasted there have hurt the underbelly of this nation's economy....

sfc_oliver

Yes Rick and kept that economic growth until the Democrats took over congress.

Now I don't know why things changed, but all of a sudden...........