News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Election Day - Tuesday, May 5

Started by jay, May 03, 2009, 08:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

iwasthere

i voted in the primary yesterday by registering to vote and i handed in a blank ballot. i was the nineteenth voter that afternoon at 4pm.

Towntalk

Final totals as of 9:02A

MAHONING COUNTY

PRECINCTS COUNTED (OF 138). . . . . 138         100.00
REGISTERED VOTERS - TOTAL . . . . . 113,085
BALLOTS CAST - TOTAL. . . . . . . 12,187
BALLOTS CAST - DEMOCRATIC . . . . . 4,958        40.68
BALLOTS CAST - NONPARTISAN. . . . . 7,229        59.32
VOTER TURNOUT - TOTAL . . . . . . 10.78

MAYOR YOUNGSTOWN
VOTE FOR 1
FRANK BELLAMY . . . . . . . . . 372      11.73
JAY WILLIAMS . . . . . . . . . 2,800     88.27

PRESIDENT OF COUNCIL YOUNGSTOWN
VOTE FOR 1
CHARLES P. SAMMARONE. . . . . . . 2,249 100.00

sfc_oliver

3000 voters? thats it? How far we have fallen.......
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

As of 8:46 PM

YOUNGSTOWN MAYOR
Williams     2,653
Bellamy        346

PRESIDENT OF COUNCIL
Sammarone        2,123

irishbobcat

I heard today at noon that a voting spot in the 7th ward had only 2 voters so far this morning. Maybe Jay will be upset! lol

Lynds

An independent candidate must actually be unaffiliated or disaffiliated from any political party, and the required claim of unaffiliation by an independent candidate must be made in good faith for the candidate to be qualified to run as an "independent" candidate.

http://www.sos.state.oh.us/SOS/candidates/Candidate%20Requirements/Independent.aspx

iwasthere

if one whats to obey the election law. one should investigate if jay williams was elected legally according to the Ohio's election laws pertaining to independent candidates.

jay

I just noticed the candidate's homemade signs on the utility poles.  How long will it take for his committee to remove the signs?

PMDragon

Sunday's Vindicator had info on primary. Other than mayoral, there were two liquor license renewals that are important to the neighborhoods affected by the businesses in question.

rusty river

I honestly don't have any idea either, other than the mayoral primaries in Youngstown.

In a somewhat related note, has anyone noticed the black and white signs that say "Bellamy" posted on telephone poles? There are several of them on the west side.

Isn't there a city ordinance against the posting of signs on telephone poles???

I mean, I'm all for political competition, but shouldn't you observe the municipal laws in which you are running for office?

sfc_oliver

As much as I hate to admit it, I don't know what is being voted on.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

jay

Election Day, Tuesday, May 5

Don't forget to vote.