News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Big Brother 2009

Started by Towntalk, April 15, 2009, 03:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

Proud US Veteran, and now I guess a Proud right wing extremist.

I do hope they get good connections when they tap my phones I'd hate to be misquoted.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Rick Rowlands

The extreme left is now in power, so a report focusing attention at the extreme left would be pointing a finger directly back at them.

Towntalk

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano stops by CNN's "State of the Union" for an exclusive Sunday morning appearance looking to quell the controversy swirling around her release of a report on the threat posed by "right-wing extremists,"

Its no secret that there are extremists both on the left and right. They've been around for years, and certainly the FBI knows who they are, so why did the report paint with such a broad brush.

Again, we all know that many of our veterans were traumatized by war, but that doesn't say that they present a terrorist threat as the report implies (note the use of the word "implies".)

Again, what makes anyone think that extremism is the exclusive parlance of the right? Have we forgotten the 1960's already? (The Chicago 7 et al) And what about the extremists in the animal rights movement, or the extremists in the environmental movement?

This report went out to law enforcement agencies, and one would have thought that Homeland Security owed it to the first responders to be more specific.

Rick Rowlands

Perhaps we are looking at the same report and drawingtwo seperate conclusions.  When I read it I think that the govt. is talking about right wing extremist groups such as Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty, who advocate change through the political process, and you are thinking of right wing militias who would do it through use of force and terror.  I think that the Obama administration has lumped both types of groups together, in an attempt to associate right wing PACs with the terrorist groups. 

This report is eerily similar to the one issued in Missouri a couple of months ago, which mentioned Ron Paul's group by name. 

Rick Rowlands

Quote from: rusty river on April 15, 2009, 10:48:12 PM
Towntalk, I certainly hope that you and Rick aren't drawing parallels between our founding fathers and the likes of Timothy McVeigh, Richard Poplawski, neo-nazis, and skinheads, as referring to these violent scumbags as "true patriots" who "just want the restoration of the America that they love" is incredibly offensive and in poor taste.

You can't be that dense!  What you just posted is so perposterous that I am at a loss for words.

Towntalk

Myself - CNN - NBC - ABC - FOX - WASHINGTON POST - WASHINGTON TIMES - NEW YORK TIMES - LOS ANGELES TIMES - AP - UPI and a host of local newspapers.

Oh and by the way, the House Committee that has jurisdiction over Homeland Security called on it to explain itself as to why it issued the pamphlet in the first place.

Rep. Benny Thompson the chairman was angry as are veterans groups such as the American Legion.

My news web site has a copy of that letter posted in case you would care to read it.

http://reporters.notebook.tripod.com

Towntalk

Absolutely not Rusty. My goodness, like many others, I have ancestors who not only fought in the Revolutionary war, but some of them also manufactured wepons for our troops.

I put the likes of McVeigh et al in the same class as bin Laden, and McVeigh got what he deserved.

Towntalk

Patrick Henry "As for me, give me liberty or give me death" was a radical as was George Washington who actually committed treason against the King since prior to accepting the calling of the "rebels" was a Major in the British army, and Thomas Jefferson, and all the rest of the founding fathers. And what about all the men who took up arms against the legitamate government at the time?

Were they violent psycho-paths?

Rick Rowlands

This is all bull.  What used to be protected politcal activities is trying to be rebranded as potential terrorism.

"A footnote attached to the report by the Homeland Security Office of Intelligence and Analysis defines "rightwing extremism in the United States" as including not just racist or hate groups, but also groups that reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority. "

In times past those were people who favored "states rights", and actually those people, "me included" feel that the Federal government has overstepped its bounds in a multitude of areas.  So I guess that following the writings of the Constitution is now something that is to be looked at as a threat.   To the DHS, people like Jefferson and Adams would now be considered extremists.  Isn't it amazing how history repeats itself.  We fought the British in 1776 because they were doing EXACTLY what the Federal government is doing right now.  History is setting itself up for another revolution. 

I wil bet that the so called disgruntled veterans are those who understand the meaning of America and are royally pissed that the ideals this country was founded upon and the freedoms that we enjoyed are now being taken away.  They are not extremists but are true patriots and just want the restoration of the America that they love.

Towntalk

Homeland Security Office of Intelligence and Analysis warns against disgruntled war veterans, groups that reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority; and groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single-issue.

A 9 page report was sent out to all the American law enforcement agencies including those in our area.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/14/federal-agency-warns-of-radicals-on-right/

The Report

http://www.rogerhedgecock.com/resources/HSA_RightwingExtremism_Report_april2009.pdf