News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Winds of Change Evident at EPA.

Started by irishbobcat, April 05, 2009, 07:43:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

If we use more coal, coal prices will rise, and electric companies will pass their price increases onto consumers thru rate hikes......that's called stagflation....

which coal folks and electric companies don't want you to know about......

Dennis Spisak
Green Party

Towntalk

Well said Rick.

I wonder just how many folks that push liberalism have ever taken the time to read the Federalist Papers or the writtings of Tom Payne? I seriously doubt that they have, yet they treat the writtings of Al Gore as it had been handed down from on high, as if he were the Messiah (don't let BHO hear you refer to Gore in those terms).

Rick Rowlands

Watch Rep. Michelle Bachmann talk about cap and trade and how it will double the cost of energy and also result in MORE jobs leaving the US.
http://video.newsmax.com/?assetId=V3666764&s=al&promo_code=7D96-1

What I just don't get about you liberals is that you just don't think your ideas have any negative effects.  I'm looking at the prospect of my electricity going from $125 to $250 per month and my gas bill rising from $400 to $800 per month in winter. Unemployment will rise and steel mills such as WCI will close (they are owned by Russians and have plants they could shift the work to). Even your fabled "green" jobs will go overseas because the entrepeneurs who start them will not want to deal with forced unionism of the workplace under the card check bill.

Why must you liberals destroy the lives of fellow American's to push your selfish ideas?  This country is about freedom and liberty, but not the freedom to destroy your neighbors livelihood or the right to liberate what little money is left in their wallet. 

The country is headed for a collapse.  Its coming and Obama will bring it on! 

sfc_oliver

Prices will go up under this administration. As they did under Carter. And I do not remember anytime other than the recent faked gasoline pricing that prices came back down. Get ready for a rough ride.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Rick Rowlands

No I haven't forgotten about the last 8 years. As I said, the libs will bankrupt the country.  What part of that don't you understand?  Oh, silly me! You must think that I consider Bush a conservative.  My bad!!!

This country doesn't have environmental issues.  We are the cleanest industrialized country in the world.  The govt. has already passed all the neccessary environmental laws that it needs.  Now they are just nitpicking and tightening up on everything until it chokes free enterprise. 

Hey it doesn't matter anyways.  This whole thing will collapse in a couple of years anyways.  Say goodbye to the grand experiment of freedom.

iwasthere

rowlands, the libs will bankrupt the country?! have you forgotten about the eight years under chaney/bush adminstration?

irishbobcat

Rick Rowlands

Every one of those items mentioned in the article will bring about higher prices for consumers.  Do you have a lot of extra money lying around that you can afford to pay these higher prices?  Do you expect to get a raise in pay this year or are you afraid of being laid off?  Are you already laid off?  The good times are gone and the LAST thing we need to do now is make it more expensive to live.  But the economy be damned! libs have waited so long to have this much power and will push through all their destructive ideas even if it means bankrupting everyone in the country in the process!

irishbobcat

Winds of Change Evident at EPA.

By Juliet Eilperin, WashPost, March 30, 2009. "After chafing under political appointees who viewed stricter environmental regulation with skepticism, long-serving EPA officials are finally seeing work that had been gathering dust for years translate into action... This shift has helped produce broad policy reversals that encompass such issues as writing new regulations and prosecuting violators of old ones, with still more in the pipeline. Drawing on earlier spadework, the administration has issued a proposal to create a national greenhouse gas registry; filed a lawsuit accusing a coal-fired power plant in New Roads, La., of violating the Clean Air Act; and put electric utilities on notice that they may have to account for their greenhouse gas pollution. Political appointees have also asked career employees for background material on how to regulate pollution from cement kilns; whether refineries have done enough to curb their harmful emissions; and whether the federal government should grant California and more than a dozen other states the power to curb greenhouse gas emissions from vehicles."

It's about time the EPA is starting to do it's job.............

Dennis Spisak
Mahoning Valley Green Party
Ohio Green Party

www.ohiogreens.org

www.votespisak.org/thinkgreen/