News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Report from the Mayoral Debate of October 13

Started by jay, October 13, 2005, 08:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maggy Lorenzi

Nice try sir, but I was not feeling well and chose not to infect my opponents. Unlike some others, it was the only event I missed, and had the courtesy to call Jonathan ahead of time and explain.

I do however hope to meet you on the campaign trail.Please introduce yourself.

ytowner

Hey "THINK ABOUT IT" Team. Where Was Maggy? I thought she was running for the good of the community?

Anywho nice to see Louis Free protest Hagan some more. Hagan again doesn't show up. More votes to Jay so I don't mind. But I am upset that he sent 2 people to ask Jay very hardcore questions you would never see come out of Hagan's mouth. I was in the crowd and the folks around me were appalled. The one next to me came in undecided leaning Hagan. When it was done he said he could never vote for Hagan after listening to Jay's Plan.

From what I could see most of the people loved Jay. I bet some of those people expected to hear Hagan as well but he never showed so he just keeps losing votes.

jay were you there.. I do agree the crowd loved Jay bigtime.

jay

The mayoral debate held at YSU on Thursday, October 13, took place before a standing room only crowd.  Unfortunately, only candidates Brendan Gilmartin, Joe Teague and Jay Williams were in attendance.

The first hour of the event was reserved for questions from the audience.  The last half of the evening was a debate with questions from the opposing candidates.  Jay Williams seemed to be the favorite of the audience.  Joe Teague made some very good points.  The debate format would have been more effective if Hagan, Korchnak and Lorenzi had attended.

The audience burst into laughter when this animal rights protest took place before the opening of the debate.