News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Property Tax Bill

Started by jay, February 19, 2009, 07:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

our2cents

Both.  The new levies that passed.  And also re-appraisals that were done from the street, supposedly. 

irishbobcat

Remember Y-town folks your school levy passed....and it wasn't cheap....

sfc_oliver

The County reassessed mine 2 years ago. My taxes went up 50%. I only found out about it through my mortgage company. The county didn't figure that was important enough to let me know in person.

50% :o

When one of our commissioners finally returned my calls they said there was public notice that there would be a reassessment and there was no program in place to notify residents or owners of any changes.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

AllanY2525

The city needs to do a citywide re-assessment of property values, as there is
practically NO rhyme or reason to the property tax assessments in Youngstown.
Some folks are paying more than they should be, while others have rediculously
low taxes for the size of the lot and the house that they own.

I wouldn't mind a reasonable increase in my property taxes, as long as the city is
willing to provide a decent level of service in return.  The last time I had to call
the police, it took them TWO HOURS to show up.

jay

Did anyone notice an increase in their property tax?  Was the increase due to a new levy or to an increase the property's appraised value?