News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

New light bulb rules

Started by Towntalk, February 05, 2009, 11:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

You're absolutely right Rick.

All you have to do is take a look at the Federal Register (Published daily) in which all the federal agencies pump out their new rules.

Many think that Congress makes all these rules. Not so. These agencies sit around in their offices thinking up new ways to get at us ... write a new rule, publish it in the Federal Register and walla ... thirty or ninety days later its law.

They give the public a period of time for comment, but how many of the general public read the Federal Register?

I wonder just how many of the Green Party members bother to read it to see what the EPA is up to?

Rick Rowlands

I just shudder to think that thousands more pages of regulations are about to be added to the millions of pages in existence already.  Land of the free?  Yeah right!

I do think that energy efficiency for its own sake is a GREAT idea!  But to tie it to the scam of global warming just insults my intelligence.

Towntalk

Dennis:

If you had made use of the area talk shows more by calling in and getting your name out there for the folks that don't visit these web sites ... especially WKBN which draws 100,000 listeners daily according to Arbatron you would have fared better.

I for one hope you do make another run in 2010, but please don't limit your campaign on environmental issues to the exclusion of all the other major issues. You'd not go too wrong if you borrowed a page from Jim Traficant's play book.

BTW:

ON THE STIMULATION PACKAGE CHOPPING BLOCK

· $39.8 billion for state education departments to shore up school budgets.
· $14 billion for education programs, including special education and Head Start.
· $9.5 billion for Energy Department programs, including an environmental cleanup fund.
· $6.5 billion for space exploration, science programs and grants for local crime-fighting efforts.
SOURCE: Senate staff members
$69.8 Billion

BLEEDING JOBS

The United States lost almost 600,000 jobs last month and the unemployment rate rose to 7.6 percent, its highest level in more than 16 years, the Labor Department said Friday.

irishbobcat

It looks like a lot of my campaign ideas must have been good ideas.......

which means more people should take me more serious when I run a better campaign in 2010.......

Dennis Spisak

Towntalk

Dennis,

Here's another reason for you to dance for joy. It looks like the President is stealing your thunder.

Obama Orders New Rules to Raise Energy Efficiency

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/06/us/politics/06energy.html