News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Top Republican: Scrap 'buy American' stimulus clause (National Politics)

Started by jay, February 02, 2009, 02:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

We have seen from the bailout bill that congress doesn't give a damn what we think.  80% was opposed to it yet they still passd it.  And it DID NOT WORK!

The stimulus bill is nothing but Democrats giving money to their supporters, a massive "Thank You" for the election.  From what I read only 15% would go toward the infrastructure projects that Obama keeps talking about.  That was the only redeeming quality of the entire bill!  Most of it goes to crap that will do nothing to stimulate the economy.  So we will spend all of this borrowed money, really screw the nation up even more and still do NOTHING about the economic problems! 

One question to you Obama supporters.  Is this the kind of change that you were thinking about when you voted for him?  He really fooled you.  You got change alright!

ytowner

I am 100% against this ridiculous stimulus. If it was 100% dedicated to the infrastructure and tax cuts, then I'd reluctantly support it; but the way it stands now----HELL NO!

Obama screwed up when he let Pelosi and Reid write this thing. Millions for STD's, Abortion, Gaza, Global Warming Kool-Aide, etc.....

Public Support is falling for it too.. Down to just 42%...

Towntalk

Senator Mitch McConnell, the Senator you're referring to would sell his soul, his family, and yes even his country to anyone who had his price. What he fails to realize is the fact that this country is bleeding jobs at such a great rate that millions of good decent workers will be thrown out in the street and his bosses will dump him just as quickly as they dump their workers.

jay

Top Republican: Scrap 'buy American' stimulus clause

I find this disturbing.  If our own country won't support our businesses and workers, who will?