News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Cast your Vote for Dennis Spisak for Congress (Part 1)

Started by irishbobcat, November 02, 2008, 05:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Cast your Vote for Dennis Spisak for Congress (Part 1)

November 2, 2008

Why cast a vote for you?
Spisak: "I am not afraid to call for health care for all Ohioans, economic justice and nothing less than a renewal of America's sense of community and promise of equal opportunity for all citizens." Spisak said the area's representative must address "the issues facing regular citizens, not lobbyists or corporation PACs."

What is the most pressing need for the district, and what can you do to see that this need is met?
Spisak: "Democrats and Republicans legislate for corporations. I would legislate for the American citizen. The Democrats and Republicans got $120 million from CEOs and corporations last year. Incumbent Congressman Charlie Wilson got over $450,000 from lobbyists and corporate PACs last year. Who does Charlie Wilson truly represent in Washington? The time has come for a candidate that cares less about corporations and more about you. I am that candidate that is concerned about regular Americans and will make this country a better legacy for our children."
Spisak said he will not accept lobbyist or corporate PAC money if elected.
How can you bring new jobs to the district?
Spisak: "I believe our area can become an energy corridor except I disagree with the way Mr. Wilson wants to do it."
Spisak accused Wilson of being paid $18,000 by the coal industry to support the plant.
"Burning coal-to-liquid fuel is arguably the dirtiest, most expensive energy gamble we could take. The truth is that liquid coal is plagued with economic and environmental downsides from the time the coal is mined until long after the liquid is removed from the coal," he said.
Spisak said nearly twice the global warming emissions are emitted by liquid coal than by gasoline and huge inputs of energy are required to make coal into a synthetic fuel.
He also said replacing just 10 percent of the nation's transportation fuels with liquid coal would require a 40 percent increase in coal mining, which would jeopardize long-term prospects for coal including its use as a major electricity source.
"I believe in building an energy corridor based upon renewable energy companies and manufacturers who will build and produce green jobs such as solar and wind component plants. Blue-collar jobs - to put our people back to work," he said.
Spisak described the New Apollo program (put together by the Apollo Alliance, a group of business, labor, environmental and community groups) which calls for a $500 billion over 10 years with the potential to create more than 5 million green energy jobs.
"It will accelerate the development of the nation's vast clean energy resources and move us toward energy security, climate stability and economic prosperity," Spisak said. "And it will transform America into the global leader of the new green economy."

Elect Dennis Spisak to Congress on November 4th!

ELECT!!!!
DENNIS SPISAK FOR CONGRESS
Green Party Candidate for Ohio's 6th District
The ONLY PROGRESSIVE CANDIDATE
Running against a Conservative Democrat and Republican!

Renewable Energy Green/Blue Collars Jobs
Single-Payer Affordable Healthcare
Solar Power/Wind Power/Geothermal Energy