News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

WHAT MAGGY IS ABOUT

Started by MOLOCH, July 22, 2005, 04:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOLOCH

MAGGY FOR MAYOR

MOLOCH

NICE PICTURE -

BUT WHERE IS THE LIST OF WHAT HE HAS ACTUALLY DONE TO BENEFIT THE CITY.... BEFORE HE DECIDED TO RUN FOR MAYOR?

I GUESS YOU CAN'T LIST....

....WHAT DON'T EXIST!

ytowner

[size=40]JAY[/size]

MOLOCH

WOMEN REALLY THREATEN YOU DON'T THEY  ;D

I USED COPY/PASTE AND TOOK THE ORIGINAL POST FROM HER WEB SITE

SHE WANTS PEOPLE TO THINK ABOUT... EVERYTHING!

DON'T YOU WANT PEOPLE TO THINK....AFRAID OF WHAT THEY WOULD REALIZE?

I AM GLAD YOU FOUND TIME FROM YOUR AIRPORT WEB SITE TO RESPOND - ALTHOUGH I CHECKED IT OUT - I SEE WHY YOU ARE SO BUSY - (HOW ABOUT ANSWERING MY LAST POST ON YOUR- WHO WILL YOU ENDORSE HAGAN OR WILLIAMS THREAD)

YOUNGSTOWN HAS BEEN - A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT.

LATE... THEY DECIDE TO TRY AND BUILD UP AN AIRPORT WHEN PEOPLE ARE AFRAID TO FLY BECAUSE OF TERRORIST...

DOLLAR SHORT .... ALL THE BACK TAXES NOT COLLECTED AND MISAPPROPRIATED FUNDS ACTIVITIES GOING ON...

IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!!

THE KIND OF MAYOR YOUNGSTOWN NEEDS IS ....

ONE THAT PARTICIPATES IN BLOCK WATCHES TO KEEP OUR CITY STREETS SAFE!

ONE WHO ATTENDS COUNCIL AND COMMITTEE MEETINGS TO BETTER THE CITY!

ONE WHO PHYSICALLY PICKS UP THE TRASH OFF THE STREET TO TRY AND MAKE YOUNGSTOWN BEAUTIFUL AGAIN ( WEED AND SEED PROGRAM)!

ONE WHO CONSOLES VICTIMS OF VIOLENT CRIMES AND SUPPORTS THE LITTLE GUY!

ONE THAT IS INVOLVED IN THE COMMUNITY!

ONE WHO HAS BEEN WATCHING THIS CITY AND ITS GOVERNMENT FOR YEARS AND KNOWS HOW IT SHOULD BE RUN!

WE NEED MAGGY LORENZI AS MAYOR OF
                        YOUNGSTOWN!

ytowner

quit sayin think about it....

its an ez decision.

HAGAN OR WILLIAMS.

she has no shot... and when she loses i wont talk crap but you can sure bet i got something to say!

MOLOCH

Point One:

A pledge that no individual who ran for this office will be appointed head of any department in our city.

We need community oriented, energetic, and knowledgeable people.

Will the other candidates make this pledge?

Point Two:

I have no political consultants(s) assisting me.

Any statements I make will be solely based on my knowledge, my passion, and my words.

Point Three: Charter and Ordinances

Go back - to following our City Charter and established Ordinances.

Youngstown is a Home Rule, not " make your own rules " city.

Laws and Ordinances are passed and should be utilized to benefit the citizenry and protect their assets.

Point Four: Racial Differences in Our Community

Definitions of Community: " a body of people living in the same place under the same laws"..."joint ownership".

I believe that race issues have been used as a tool to divide.

Being out in the "real" community, and having researched many city actions, I have found that it is not about BLACK or WHITE, but the color GREEN.

Point Five: Our 2 3/4% Income Tax

A major issue is our city having the highest income tax rate in the state. We enacted a 1/4% raise in 1997, then another 1/2% effective January 2003, on the backs of our safety forces.

All the while our city leaders were failing to collect millions in arrearages.

Solid foundations build solid structures.

Point Six: How To Collect and Rollback

Sen. Hagan stated at a 7th Ward Coalition Meeting he " would not " rollback the income tax. Mr. Williams stated in the Valley Voice that it would be " irresponsible ".

It is irresponsible not to!

Mr. Williams also stated at the Chamber Breakfast that we would lose 3.5 to 4 million per year on a 1/4% rollback. Try collecting the FIVE million a year owed.

Although it is usually done before acquisition, the first act must be an audit for a clear financial picture. It needs to be privately done - we are charged for the State audits and cannot afford to wait over a year for the results.

Secondly, a private company should be subcontracted to collect our past due accounts.

You then reinvest a portion of these monies back into upgrading the Finance Department to insure that this magnitude of arrearages never occur again.

I believe that within 15 months an initial rollback of 1/4% is feasible.

Point Seven : Data Processing

As a follow up to Point Six, it is imperative that we have a solid Data Processing System with a Chief Information Officer.

Remember Jones Janitorial? The city had an enforceable legal claim for hundreds of thousands of dollars which could not be recovered due to lost paperwork in the Finance Department.

We need to upgrade or install security procedures.

Establish emergency and long range master plans.

Electronically log time in ALL departments, including regular, overtime, and accumulated.

Where is a City Website??? Duh! How do you expect, in the tech age, to market your city and disperse information?

Point Eight: Independent Audit Committee

I am aware that Sen. Hagan has taken steps to initiate a business committee BUT, more crucial than this should be the formation of an independent audit committee - OPEN BOOKS and OVERSIGHT !

JOINT OWNERSHIP - Although it sounds like a business term - it is actually a definition of community.

Point Nine: Loans

A reassessment of all " defaulted loans" for possible collection.

In the future there must be documented proof of collateral and more caution must be used in dispensing waivers and tax abatements.

Point Ten : CDA Funds

These funds need full review. We have repeatedly been found in " non compliance " under State audits.

More monies need to allocated to demolition and revitalization.

Special emphasis needs to be placed on the 4 million outstanding in the Revolving Loan program, to insure these monies continue to " revolve ".

Think About It !

MORE TO COME......