News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Obama: Unanswered Questions

Started by Towntalk, September 05, 2008, 10:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

Seems to me that Senator obama has been short on details on too many things. But then I am not a political expert, but sure seems to be a lot of holes in his resume.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

Obama's paper trail:

Exactly how many bills did Obama actually sit down and author?

The fact of the matter that NO Senator or Representative sits down and authors a bill. His staff puts together ideas, and the legislative staff (in Obama's case the Majority Legislative Staff) writes a draft, and then it goes through the committee process where more changes are made ... again by the Committee Staffs. The bill may very well have his name on it when it goes to the floor, BUT IT IS A COLABERATIVE WORK, NOT THE PRODUCT OF A SINGLE MEMBER OF CONGRESS.

How many bills did he co-sponsor?

This is a joke ... a fixed number of co-sponsors are needed to bring a bill to the floor in both houses so the member collars other members to sign onto the bill. They in turn say "I'll co-sponsor your bill if you will co-sponsor my bill." The idea of co-sponsorship is meaningless.

How many of those bills have any real substance that affect law?

Most of the bills that get to the floor have no effect on law.

They are: (1) housekeeping bills, (2) honoring people, (3) naming federal buildings, (4) setting dates such as National Potato Week etc.

How much of that paper trail consists of amendments tacked onto bills?

How many of those bills and amendments involve pork for his state?

Lets get one thing perfectly clear ... its not enough for us to just take his word for anything. The devil is in the details, and Senator Obama has been very short on those details.

The news media has not looked into this matter but throws it out there expecting us to accept it as gospel.