News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Obama: Unanswered Questions

Started by Towntalk, September 05, 2008, 10:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

The reality is that Obama voted Present so many times as a state senator. Not as a US Senator. In the US Senate he just liked to miss the votes. At one point i had counted 227 not voting for Senator Obama.

I have to agree when it comes to a military decision we do not need another Jimmy Carter. We spent a week at Green ramp waiting on the orders to go or not to go in 77.  Even took off and were turned around to land once. Try keeping hundreds of troops ready for battle with loaded weapons for a week.

No way, Nobama.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

AllanY2525

Quote from: Elmo-Ytown on September 07, 2008, 12:36:31 PM
Lay off the President will ya? The man is from Texas, has it occured to you that maybe he might talk a little different from us in Ohio?]

President Bush (G.W.) talks a little different from just about anyone who speaks fluent English... LOL

As far as "Laying off" of the president, doesn't free speech give one the right to say what they will - whether popular unpopular - about
our government and our leaders?  I think it has something to do with that first amendment that was made to our constitution...

;)

connie254

I checked the websites of both senators from our great state-neither has their voting record.
Checking Obama's website, I looked at the 109th Congress-and saw very few "not voting".
Looked agian at the 110th Congress and looked at most of the bills-honoring this and that and given that he has been campaigning and senators can't vote except when actually in Congress, I will give him some slack, plus being willing to put his entire record on his website, good, bad, and indifferent. I looked at McCain's website-well, see where he sponsored bills, but like someone here said, that doesn't mean much. Can't find his voting record at all. I expect as much from someone who doesn't know much about the computer and such "new stuff". Now my husband's uncle who is older than McCain, can at least send email and look up websites and use mapsearch-he became a Democrat under W. Then there's my in-laws who are staunch Republicans and still can't figure out how to work the VCR or answering machine and are in wonder "that machine(computers) can do so much, so quickly". But they are upset he chose a woman for VP. Next time they come over I'll show them the Campbell Brown-Tucker interview on youtube-completely blow their minds.

Oldmill

Quote from: Mary on September 07, 2008, 03:47:07 PM
And has anyone checked McCain's record? I have. McCain also votes present for many many things. Go check it out.

I say both of them aint  worth 2 dead flies ! They both will suck as president !  Take a look at this video clip.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_fEiesYwtw

Elmo-Ytown

Looks like his position is "not voting" on a lot of things.

Towntalk

Obama's complete U.S. Senate voting record including info on each bill.

http://obama.senate.gov/votes/

Mary

Nope he was a member of congress that voted present sir.

ytowner

Quote from: Mary on September 07, 2008, 03:47:07 PM
And has anyone checked McCain's record? I have. McCain also votes present for many many things. Go check it out.
McCain was not a member of the Illinois Legislature, where Obama voted Present mam.

Mary

Elmo-Ytown

That's totally different, I have problem with Obama because he votes present, not because he misspronouces words... Lay off the President will ya? The man is from Texas, has it occured to you that maybe he might talk a little different from us in Ohio?

AllanY2525

All presidents misspeak at times, but I think George W. Bush takes the record for
foo-pahs while speaking in public...this guy can read a teleprompter just about
flawlessly - but let him try to speak spontaneously and you can forget it.

He pronounces the word "nuclear" as {phoenetically..] "nuke-you-larr"

I think that the leader of the free world and commander in chief of the largest arsenal
of WMD on the planet should be able to correctly pronounce the word describing our
most deadly missiles.

Our current president has made so many verbal blunders in public, they actually
published a book of them [ie: Bushisms].

The Obama quote "Yup, I'm here" kinda pales in comparison.

:)

Elmo-Ytown

How is Present even an option? Who's great idea was that? For goodness sakes, we don't elect people to say, Yup I'm here!

ytowner

120-140 Present Votes....

Why could he not make up his damn mind?
You can't BE present when it comes to military decisions.
YES WE ATTACK. NO WE DONT.
Present Not Applicable.

Towntalk

Another thing that chafes me is the way he brags about all the important bills he was involved in, but when you look at the Roll Call you quickly discover that (1.) they were not his, and (2.) half the Democrats voted the same way on those bills, or were members of the Committees involved with the bills.