News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Sarah Who?

Started by jay, August 29, 2008, 11:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Here is how the NYT covered the story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/02/us/politics/02PALINDAY.html?hp=&pagewanted=all

Apparently the media has been misreading Republicans on this story.

ytowner

If Dick Morris, who I don't agree with much of the time, says it won't matter, I know it won't. He was a Clinton Adviser and perhaps the best political adviser living today.

Regardless.. If they make it a story about the Kos nuts.. it Hurts Obama. If they make it a story about Bristol.. It Could Hurt McCain.

Towntalk

The more the media hammers on this, could it come back to bite them?

This afternoon, hours after the news broke, CNN's Wolf Blitzer was calling it "Breaking News", acting like he was breaking fresh new news while down in New Orleans there was true "Breaking News" that a levy was in serious risk of breaking and pouring thousands of gallons of water into a major industrial/agriculture area of the area.

Obama said it all ... keep the kids out of it ... but none of the media types who clame to respect him are listening.

ytowner

Well the girl made a mistake, but she sure learned her lesson now. She chose life over abortion, which shows her family is strongly for life. I respect Obama in this case for saying lay off Palin. Private Lives must be left out of the Campaign.

This should not change anyone's vote.. We must move on with the real issues facing America.

Towntalk

The unfortunate part about it is that Daily Kos is one of a number of bloggers that the media uses, and this includes C-SPAN, which means that they will give them more credibility.

You can bet that with the polls showing that Obama and McCain are running neck and neck that the Democrats are going to pull out all the stops. You have to remember that a number of conservative sites have been attacking their candidate unmercifully ever since he announced (WorldNetDaily being an example).

Is it right? Absolutely no, but its a part of politics. Look at how McCain was attacked because of his adopted daughter.

Fortunately the hurricane is distracting the MSM and hopefully the story will die before they can get their teeth into it.

ytowner

I was aware of this low attack the other day. They got NOTHING on Sarah... so they attack her for this, a blatant LIE!

So I fought these a$$es back: http://mvred.com/2008/08/31/the-dailykos-and-the-effect-of-free-speech/

Folks... She is PREGNANT!

Towntalk

Daily Kos started it and a number of other bloggers picked it up.

http://dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8/30/121350/137/486/580223

A reader of my web site alerted me to the story, and after I updated the site on hurricane news, I ran a google search and found that none of the mainstream media aside from brief mentions in the Times (London) and the Daily Mail (London) are covering it.

Will I run with it on my web site? Absolutely no until it is covered by responsable media sources?

I do though suspect that Rush Limbaugh will jump on it some time next week, and when he does the MSP (Mainstream Press) will mention it, and it will be interesting to see how they spin it, but with the hurricane news and the fact that the Republican Convention will be shortened, the story may very well die.

Elmo-Ytown

Where did you see that? I hadn't heard that yet.

Towntalk

The liberals, not content with attacking Palin on the merits of her qualifications are now attacking her children, especially her daughter Bristol, accusing her of being the real mother of baby Trig. Just how low can you get? What office are her children going to hold?

sfc_oliver

Could get real interesting.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

ytowner

Sarah PALIN!!!

What a pick for McCain!

jay

No matter which candidate wins the presidential election, history will be made.