News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Jay's supporters

Started by jay, July 08, 2005, 07:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Comrade_Atek

Yes he did. I was one of the volunteers that passed out literature. I really believe he is the best candidate for the job. I am impressed with the work he has done with the 2010 initiative and the way he recognizes the importance of getting people together to confront the issues that they face, rather than simply try to resolve the issue alone.

I think it is very important that a leader be honest about the fact that they CAN'T solve all the problems and that it is the responsibility of the PEOPLE to act to find a solution. It is the job of leaders to guide the people, not rule over them like they are ignorant pawns. Jay Williams recognizes this and practiced it as he mediated many of the 2010 forums.

And I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a leader who is honest about the situation than one that promises to unrealistically solve all the problems and do it single-handedly. I'd rather hear the "blood, sweat, and tears" truth than the irrational and unrealistic promise of a one-man-built utopia, like politicians promise. Jay Williams is NOT a politican, let alone a career one, as some of the other candidates are. He tells it like it is, not how he wants you to think it is.

No, I don't agree with Jay Williams on everything. But I know that he has the best qualifications for a leadership position and has shown that he will be fair and just when it comes to decision making. He will weigh all the possibilities equally, and do what is in the best interest of Youngstown, not himself. He will try to solve problems, not put bandaids over them.

He sacrificed his career because he wanted to serve the people of Youngstown. He recognizes the importance of every person and every job in the process of building a better community. His story inspires me to believe that there truly are candidates in this world worthy of public office.

ytowner

Well he lives down the road off 62 like 2 minutes away.

PERFECT Place to get votes since Hagan belongs to St. Christine's.

I need to get out there!

jay

Jay Williams had a few dozen of his supporters at the St. Christine Festival on Friday, July 8.  Those Jay! t-shirts were everywhere.