News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Where is Tim Ryan

Started by Towntalk, July 11, 2008, 10:20:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

Quote from: Towntalk on July 11, 2008, 05:01:29 PM
You've got that right ... earmarks and floor speeches that say absolutely nothing in an empty House chamber save the House staff who are on overtime. He is a member of the 30 Something Caucus that drones on and on dealing with topics that are not even under consideration, but because he's tight with the Speaker it gives him an air of importance.

What really gripes me is that he will be running off to every church social in the district to glad hand voters expecting them to go into a swoon over being able to spend 30 seconds in his presence.

I'd love to see Jay Williams run against Ryan in 2014.

Towntalk

You've got that right ... earmarks and floor speeches that say absolutely nothing in an empty House chamber save the House staff who are on overtime. He is a member of the 30 Something Caucus that drones on and on dealing with topics that are not even under consideration, but because he's tight with the Speaker it gives him an air of importance.

What really gripes me is that he will be running off to every church social in the district to glad hand voters expecting them to go into a swoon over being able to spend 30 seconds in his presence.

ytowner

Towntalk

That's great ... real great ... he's up for reelection in November so he has to show his face at local do's in order to impress folks and in the meantime his district is hurting seriously.

He can waste taxpayers dollars with his Special Orders rants that go into the wee hours of the morning to an empty House chamber, yet he has made no effort to address the serious problems that affect the people of his district.

Drawn out speeches and fancy flash cards and charts will not put food on the table of the needy or one drop of gas into the cars of our working poor.

Actions speak louder than words ... I would rather see his voting record than see him at parades or church dinners.

irishbobcat

Vindy says he was at the Austintown parade July 4th wearing a Fitch shirt..........

Dennis Spisak

Towntalk

Politicians are great on talk especially when it comes to telling us what we want to hear, but where are their deeds ... actions speak louder than words ... we are in a serious crisis and it gets worst every day, but where is Congress? On summer vacation.

This article is a wake up call for them, but what will they do about it? Absolutely nothing.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080711/oil_prices.html?.v=6