News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The November election for mayor

Started by MV_Viewpoints, May 05, 2005, 02:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

I'd like to refer you to the first message in the Valley Politics Board which is in regard to decorum.
Link:
http://ytownpc.com/forum/forum.pl?board=vp;action=display;num=1113321864

Perhaps the wording used in the message is not CLEAR  enough.  There is to be NO NAME CALLING on this forum or any other board hosted by this site.

I believe in freedom of speech but this is a family and community friendly web site. A point can be made and an opinion can be expressed in a mature manner without berating people. You are welcome to express your views no matter what your politics are, but personal attacks  are not acceptable.

Let me be specific. There is a language filter on this board.  The words "pregnant dog" were inserted by the program to replace another inappropriate word.  Either way it is an insult. Other, less inflammatory names have been used as well.

I have received several complaints in regard to specific posters and their insults.  There are other local online  Bulletin Boards where you can "name call" and swear all you want. Please take the insults somewhere else.

Thank You,
The management

MOLOCH

LIFE IS FULL OF SUPRISES - FOR YOUNGSTOWN'S SAKE I HOPE YOU GET ONE  ;D

ytowner

she has no shot.. and you know it

MOLOCH

I REPRESENT THE LITTLE GUY - LIVE PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK ,TRYING TO PAY THE BILLS. ALL I DID IS STATE WHAT MY FRIENDS AND I WANT IN A MAYOR AND WHO WE WERE GOING TO VOTE FOR. I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT ANYONE. YOU RESPONDED BY CALLING MAGGY AND I NAMES AND DEFENDING JAY WILLIAMS IN REGARDS TO SPECIAL INTERESTS. IS THAT WHAT JAY WILLIAMS AND HIS SUPPORTERS ARE ALL ABOUT?
                    THINK ABOUT IT!

ytowner

I am a Republican and I am very conservative. Add to the fact my taxes have been going up to bills and legislation from Hagan...

I never liked the man and he is doing this to make it image look brighter.

O ya I am support JAY Because he cares about the PEOPLE of Youngstown and not himself! Thats why he has QUIT two 6 figure jobs to make this city better.

SORRY. Hagan is a lying jerk and when he loses in November Miss Antonini; that "bitch" will soon give Hagan the M.C Audit job...
You watch.................

The democrats of Mahoning County have been in a MAJOR freefall the day Traficant got out of jail. I admire Traficant and how he began to become more and more Conservative and less democratic.

He is what an American should be EVEN. Sure I vote for many local democrats but this is one I WILL NEVER SUPPORT!

MOLOCH

HIPPIE HERE - I AM CURIOUS - I DID NOT MENTION ANYONES NAME - YET YOU DEFENDED JAY WILLIAMS,  WHY?  

ytowner

The only reason Hagan is running is to make his political image look better. I know he is up to something.

He will be laying off a lotta people; he said so when he won the democratic primary. Of course not straight up; he said he would not lower the income tax and there are way to many people workin in the city.

Nathan Pavalko

Personally, I endorse Jay Williams (though I am from Poland and don't vote in city elections). From my observations Jay seems intelligent, energetic and he knows a thing or two about economic development and finance.

Hagan, and again this is just my opinion, seems to be yet another white guy running for major; more of the same. Why not try someone who is different? If Jay does a horrible job as mayor, you can vote him out in the next election, that's how a democracy works  ;D  

Dan

I wish the city of Youngstown had an open May primary election for anyone who wants to run for mayor.  This would allow us to have more candidates to pick from.  We could then honestly vote for the person we feel is best for the job.  The two candidates receiving the most votes would then run for mayor on the November ballot.

This process would eliminate the trick of party candidates becoming an independent only for the November election.

ytowner

wow hippies like you are so hard headed it aint funny

to say jay williams is full of special interests is lame!

like maggie magic muffins will win?

ytowner

wow hippies like you are so hard headed it aint funny

to say jay williams is full of special interests is lame!

like maggie magic muffins will win?

BELINDA HOWE

MY FRIENDS AND I WANT AN HONEST MAYOR, ONE THAT KNOWS HOW A CITY SHOULD BE RUN. A MAYOR WHO IS FOR THE PEOPLE, NOT SPECIAL INTERESTS. WE WANT MAGGY LORENZI! :D

ytowner

Kitten I disagree. In case you didn't know never did Hagan um work with Republicans in Columbus.

2. Republicans, like me, run this state.

3. So your claims about having contacts in Columbus won't benefit anyone. I mean I have contacts in Columbus. My brother and aunt!

Anyways Our future is to follow 2010. Why not have the man who like ran it.

JAY WILLIAMS.
HAGAN WILL LAYOFF CITY WORKERS. Unfair. That pisses me off.

And no you don't need a college education.

kitten44505

Please to show me anywhere in either the Federal or State Constitution, or Federal or State law that says that in order to hold public office a person must have a college educarion.

Hagen has one thing that the other candidates do not have, and that is contacts that can help Youngstown.

I'm not keen on Hagen, but have to admit that unlike the others in the race, he does have the contacts in Columbus that we need.

Jay's credentials are impressive, but can he bring home the bacon?

Everyone on this board wants to see their pet projects placed on the front burner, and everyone expects the state to pick up the tab, because none of us are willing to risk our own nest egg, or simply don't have one, so we need a Mayor who knows from first hand experience whose arms and legs to pull.

ytowner

I HOPE WE ENDORSE ON THE SAME PAGE THIS TIME!

Hagan doesn't have a COLLEGE DEGREE. FOLKS I mean JAY Like ran 2010. He is the man to take us to that plateau.

JAY WILLIAMS FOR MAYOR!