News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Who Wil You Endorse? Hagan or Williams?

Started by ytowner, May 04, 2005, 03:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOLOCH

THIS QUESTION SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO HER - NOT I

jay

Dear Moloch,

During last May's primary election, we tried posting questions for the mayoral candidates hoping they would respond and establish an internet dialogue with the voters on this message board. Candidate John Swierz was the only one to respond.  Do you know if Maggy Lorenzi would take the time to participate if we pose questions for the November election?

Jay

MOLOCH

THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE - SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW A CITY SHOULD BE RUN -

ytowner

he has made promises TRUST ME!

the cops and a few others city employees were suckin up to Hagan at the st. christine's festival.
\
AWFUL!

Williams has the edge and will win you watch.

Comrade_Atek

Why would Hagan get rid of city employees?

ytowner

City employees are so scared Hagan will win they are SUCKIN UP To him at the St. Christine's Fest...

AWFUL..

Bob Bush=GONE
Fire Chief=GONE

50% OF THE CURRENT CITY EMPLOYEES= GONE

GONE UNDER HAGAN!

Jay For Mayor

Comrade_Atek

After listening to both candidates speak and evaluating aspects of both candidates' philosophies and plans, I can say who'll get my vote. Make YOUR decision based on your own judgement, but from what I've seen, Jay Williams will make decisions in the best interest of Youngstown, rather than for his own personal political gain.

Hagan's not a bad guy, but a career politican with a job to gain out of the mayoral seat. Williams gave up his job as vice president of a bank to become CDA director, and he even gave that up to devote his time to campaigning for mayor. He's devoted to the people of our community and I think a lot of people recognize that.

Hagan has commented on the fact that Williams is inexperienced in politics, as if this is a disadvantage. Well, coming from a teenage voter who has seen nothing but corruption in politics since I was a little kid, I see that as a GREAT advantage. We've seen how far politicians have brought us: virtually nowhere. Do you think McKelvey endorsed Bush with our best interests at hear heart? And they all try to take credit for any good that comes out of their underhanded, illegal, and selfish methods. All of you probably have more examples than -I- do of corruption in local government.

I want someone in office who I can safely say is not jaded by years of political experience: someone with new and innovative ideas. I want someone with an honest plan: The 2010 Plan: The plan that -WE- created. I want a person with the knowledge and the skills to guide our city and our community along the lines that WE have put forth. And that, I trust Jay Williams to do. He has devoted his time as CDA director to overseeing the 2010 Plan's development and acted quite effiecently as its spokesperson. When asked what his plans as mayor would be by reporters, the first thing he did was point to his 2010 pin and say "Implementation".

A leader can't be expected to solve all our problems, but to guide us and create an environment where we, the people, can resolve our problems. Jay Williams realizes this and doesn't treat people as if they were too stupid to realize it, too.

I want a mayor I can trust to listen with an open mind, and listen to me. I want an innovative mayor who will try new and effective methods of improving our quality of life. Even if I don't agree with Jay Williams on every issue, I can trust that he will act with Youngstown's best interests at heart. I want a mayor who I can communicate with personally and who will speak to me honestly. I want a leader who will represent us as a whole: who will evaluate all perspectives of an issue instead of simply taking a stand based on their own prejudices.

Of all the things I want in a mayor, Jay Williams fits the closest, from what I've heard and seen. Call me idealistic, call me nieve. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, and what more can I expect but to be in this terribly pessimistic world I've been raised in?

Pessimism, in any form I've ever seen, only hinders action. There's a big difference between being realistic and being pessimistic. A realistic person sees and recognizes problems and flaws. A pessimistic person dwells on problems and flaws and sees no solution, therefore acceping and excusing his or her own lack of activity to solve them.

We've had enough pessimism in the Mahoning Valley to make Hell freeze over from the coldness of our inactivity and apathy. It's time for a change. I see Jay Williams as mayor a major step in the right direction.

ytowner

Well I am telling you right now I am endorsing Williams. I'd have to think the Mayor and most of City Hall will vote for him as well.

I mean Hagan was the only democrat who said they wouldn't cut the income tax. So I wonder where he will take money away. I think he'll be layin off a lotta people downtown but what do I know.

They said if only 1 of the candidates Like Fortune and/or Patton would've dropped out Bush most likely would have won.

I mean I heard that Jay Williams cut his 6 figure or a lot more than his $100,000+ job to become CDA Chief. That is what I call dedication.

I hope you all join me in endorsing Jay Williams for Mayor. And I will make sure the press here's this one.