News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Who Wil You Endorse? Hagan or Williams?

Started by ytowner, May 04, 2005, 03:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOLOCH

OK I BITE - WHAT IS SIG ? IF IT WILL GET YOU IN TROUBLE SEND IT PRIVATE  ;D

I JUST DID SOME SEARCHING AND ADDING - CASTLE CRT (THE STREET) DOES NOT PAY TAXES FOR 15 YRS. I ADDED WHAT THEY SHOULD BE PAYING A YEAR - $32,528.16 TIMES 15 YEARS IS
$487,922.40 THERE WERE ALSO DELINQUENT TAXES OF $14,312.96
FOR A TOTAL OF $502,235.36 THAT IS OVER HALF A MILLION YOUNGSTOWN IS LOOSING  :'(

ytowner

MOLOCH

CDA FUNDS INVESTIGATION - I WAS TOLD THAT THERE IS A LEGITIMATE WAY OF DOING IT - BUT HE BY-PASSED THE JUDGE APPROVAL PART. WHEN MAGGY ANNOUNCED IT - I BELIEVE ( NOT POSITIVE) IT WAS THE MAYOR WHO WAS TALKING INVESTIGATION.

CHECK HIS TAX RECORD - THE SCHOOL BOARD REJECTED IT -THEY REVIEW AND DECIDE IF SHOULD BE GIVEN- BUT HE GOT AN ABATEMENT FOR HIS ENTIRE STREET NOT TO PAY TAXES. IF YOU LOVED YOUNGSTOWN SO MUCH WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF PAYING YOUR SHARE? LOOK AT THE MONEY LOST FROM HIS STREET NOT PAYING TAXES - THIS FACT ALONE IS ENOUGH FOR ME AND MY FRIENDS NOT TO VOTE FOR HIM!

CHECK VOTERS REGISTRATION - HE WAS REGISTERED IN TRUMBLE COUNTY

2 SIX FIGURE JOBS YOU WOULD THINK HE WOULD HAVE A SAVINIGS - IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF HE DONATED IT TO THE NON PROFFIT ORGANIZATIONS AND WROTE IT OFF HIS INCOME TAX - I AM ASSUMING HE PAYS THAT. POINT IS HE IS NOT DOING IT TO HELP - IT IS FOR THE MONEY! -MONEY !MONEY! MONEY!

LIKE I SAID BEFORE - THE VINDICATOR HAD A POLE ON LINE AND WHEN I VEIWED IT 80% WERE NOT HAPPY. CHECK OUT WHAT THEY SAID IN THE ARCHIVES ABOUT 2010.

MAGGY HAD NO TROUBLE FINDING THESE THINGS OUT! LOOK UP THE TAX RECORDS FOR HIS STREET - GET THE TRANSCRIPTS FROM THE LOUIE FREE SHOW 7-20-05 WHEN MAGGY WAS ON.

THE FACT THAT HE SAID HE HAS ALWAYS LIVED HERE BUT IS REGISTERED IN TRUMBLE COUNTY - MEANS HE LIES - I DO NOT TRUST LIARS - ONCE A LIAR ALWAYS A LIAR

I RESENT THE FACT I MAKE WAY LESS THAN HE DOES - ALONG WITH MOST OF YOUNGSTOWN - YET I PAY PROPERTY TAX -ALONG WITH MOST OF YOUNGSTOWN -BUT HE GOT IT FIXED SO HIS ENTIRE STREET DOES NOT HAVE TO PAY - AND HE DID THIS WITHOUT THE POWER OF BEING MAYOR - MAKES ME WONDER WHAT HE WILL "FIX" TO BENEFIT HIMSELF IF HE HAD THE POWER OF MAYOR.

HE DID NOT FALLOW PROCEDURE TO ENSURE HE GOT WHAT HE WANTED ON MORE THAN ONE OCCASION - WHAT MAKES YOU THINK HE WOULD NOT CONTINUE TO DO THAT AS MAYOR? I HAVE NOT SEEN JAY DO ANYTHING THAT DID NOT SOMEHOW BENIFIT HIM. QUITTING THOSE JOBS MAKES ME WONDER WHAT HE HAS PLANNED TO COMPENSATE - AN EXAMPLE (NOT SAYING HE IS - ACTUALLY I HEARD FROM A FAMILY MEMBER THAT HAGAN WILL DO THIS)GET YOUR FAMILY AND FREINDS CITY JOBS.

TO BREAK OUT OF THE 30YR DEPRESSION - WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER "POLITICIAN"

WE NEED A CHANGE

Comrade_Atek

I would seriously suggest inquiring about these things from the Committee or Jay Williams for more information, but I will do my best to respond to your questions.  It's important to bring up everything about a candidate that you hear, and find out the truth about them. Because if they aren't truly what they claim to be, then it is important that this be known.

CDA FUNDS INVESTIGATION - Who are 'they' that have said an investigation will be going on? Where did you hear this from? What is the exact source, and who will be doing the investigating? What is the reason for the investigation? Is it routine or based on a grievance? Is it required by law after a CDA official resigns? People speculate and exaggerate about situations a lot, especially when it comes to the history of candidates for elected offices. It's important to know the facts before judgments are made, good or bad. I'm not trying to discredit your statements in favor of the candidate, but it is imperative that these kinds of things be proven if they are to be stated.  I'll ask him about this and see what he has to say.

ABATEMENT & SCHOOL BOARD - Are you implying that Jay Williams receives illegitimate tax breaks? What does the school board have to do with this situation? From where have you learned this? What are the specifics of the abatements? I haven't heard anything about this before. I'll ask him.

TRUMBULL COUNTY REGISTRATION - Never heard anything about this, either. The only time he mentioned to me about not living here to me was the couple of years when he was a kid. That was because of his dad's job. I'll find out what he has to say about it.

CONTRACTS - Obviously he's not doing it as a volunteer! He needs to be able to earn a living! You misunderstood my point for including that information in my previous post. That is what he is doing CURRENTLY as a means of earning a wage. Since he quit his job as CDA director, a lot of people question how he's getting by. That's how.

2010 - I don't see how anyone in the right mind can be against having a PLAN for a city! NOT having a plan certainly wasn't getting us anywhere! The 2010 plan gathers the ideas of people from all the neighborhoods in the city and even people from the suburbs and combines them into one basic goal: one that the people of Youngstown want to strive for. It is a GUIDE, it's not set in stone. For the people, by the people.

It helps city officials help businesses and industries interested in moving to Youngstown find places in the city that would best suit the needs of their business and benefit the people of the city, as well. For example, one of the revolutionary concepts that is in the 2010 Plan is land zoned for Green Industry: that is, new, high-tech, clean industries that actually improve the property value and do minimal harm to the environment. Up until the Plan was created, Youngstown had no such zones in the city. Such industries are the way of the future, and, by having places set for them in the plan of our city, it encourages such businesses to locate here. Those businesses bring good-paying jobs, blue and white collar alike. The plan also benefits existing businesses by setting forth suggestions to optimize and organize the business districts in our city.

Without a plan then there is complete disorder and disorganization. New businesses are discouraged from locating in a city that doesn't have a clue what it's own assets are. The 2010 plan focuses on the many assets that Youngstown has, such as the Mahoning River, and how these assets can be used to best benefit the people of our community.

Ultimately, it will be the people and institutions of the community that will implement the plan as they see fit, and add to the plan as each neighborhood and district builds its own, even more specific plan, as the Wick Neighbors are doing.

Anyone who is completely against a plan for the city either doesn't know what is truly included in the plan or thinks that something about it should be done differently. If they don't care enough to research the details of the plan, or attend the meetings and offer their own input, then they don't really know enough to complain or criticize it. Certainly, NOT having a plan hasn't done us any good. Have you been Downtown lately? Compare it to the way it was in the in the mid '90s. Even in 2001. New businesses are springing up slowly but surely, and sticking around. It's hard to find a parking space on Federal Street pretty much any weekday. You can spend a Friday night in Downtown Youngstown. Virtually every building down there has a project in the making, if it isn't already occupied. Things really picked up after the openeing of Federal Street, which was part of the 2010 PLAN.

"Not since the building boom following World War I has downtown Youngstown seen such a flurry of construction activity and spending." - The Business Journal, "$60M Building Boom", Nov 2004.

The Convocation Center's got it's fair share of problems, but it's only one little component to an elaborate Plan document and map which encompasses every single property and utility in the entire city. Also, I question the credibility of the Vindicator, especially after the way they have mistreated their Union employees. All of this is completely off-topic, so let's not discuss it further in here. If you want more information about the 2010 Initiative, go to www.youngstown2010.com and investigate. It's all there.

THE NEGATIVES ABOUT JAY - Besides the 3 peculiar things about Jay Williams you've mentioned (without yet producing any source from which I can check these claims), I ask you to produce any other 'negative thing' you know of that he has done against this community. If you do, I absolutely guarantee I will confront Jay Williams with questions about it. Candidates must answer for these things, and directly. Jay Williams doesn't beat around the bush, and I can tell you that from personal experience.

I am not a supporter of 'Jay Williams', I am a supporter of the candidate that I believe truly has the interests of this community at heart. I love this city. I want to see this city and the people of this city come alive again: break out of this 30-year depression and truly become all that I believe that we are inside. I have hope for a better future, and I'm willing to do my part to make it happen. Any candidate that I feel truly has the willpower, the innovation, the compassion, the desire to guide this community in the right direction, has my support. An honest, hard-working candidate who will work with us and get us to work together to make our city a better place! I see that in Jay Williams. I urge everyone to choose the candidate that they feel this way about, no matter who it is.

MOLOCH

IN POLITICS - THE PAST IS A REFLECTION OF THE FUTURE - THE BAD AND THE GOOD!

WILLIAMS....
 I BELIEVE THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT A CDA FUNDS INVESTIGATION - SO DOES THAT MEAN IF ELECTED THEN FOUND GUILTY IN THE CDA FUNDS INVESTIGATION - WOULD OUR MAYOR GO TO JAIL? I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE PENALTY OF A CRIME OF THAT NATURE. HE DID NOT DO THAT JOB PROPERLY!

ALSO HOW DO YOU GET AN ABATEMENT ON YOUR PROPERTY WHEN THE SCHOOL BOARD REJECTS IT ?- FIXING IT SO HIS ENTIRE STREET DOES NOT PAY TAXES - I RESENT THIS - I PAY MINE! -2 SIX FIGURE JOBS - HE SHOULD OF HAD THE MONEY TO PAY HIS SHARE! SO YES - I CAN SEE WHY HE WOULD NOT WANT TO MOVE!

HE SAYS HE LIVED HERE ALL HIS LIFE- THEN HOW IS IT HE WAS REGISTERED TO VOTE IN TRUMBLE COUNTY?

EXECUTIVE - MEANS PUTTING LAWS INTO EFFECT - HE HAS NOT DONE THIS!

HE IS CONTRACTED TO HELP THE NON PROFIT AND SMALL BUSINESSES - MEANS HE IS BEING PAID FOR IT! - HE IS NOT DOING IT VOLUNTARILY TO HELP - IT IS FOR MONEY!

I CHECKED OUT A POLE ON THE VINDICATOR SITE - WHEN I LOOKED 80% OF THE VOTERS THINK 2010 IS A BAD IDEA -HERE IS WHAT THE PEOPLE WERE SAYING -" HOW ARE THEY GOING TO PAY BACK A MULTI MILLION $ LOAN WHEN NO ONE CAN AFFORD TO PURCHASE TICKETS"?" PEOPLE WILL NOT WANT TO COME FROM OUT OF TOWN BECAUSE OF THE CRIME IN THE AREA-"  

I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ONLY WANT POSITIVE THINGS SAID - CONSIDERING ALL THE NEGATIVE THINGS YOUR CANDIDATE HAS DONE!

WHY DO YOU THINK - IF ELECTED - HIS PERFORMANCE WOULD BE ANY BETTER IN THE FUTURE - THAN IT HAS BEEN IN THE PAST!

THE PAST TELLS YOU WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE FUTURE!

Comrade_Atek

This bickering is juvenile. Why don't the both of you focus on what's good about the candidates you support, instead of attacking each other's candidates, and EACH OTHER?  :-/

Everyone has a right to run if they can get the necessary number of signatures to do so. Whatever they decide to do, it should be with the best interests of the community at heart. We should expect and accept no less as citizens. One must be properly informed about all choices and the media has no right to bias and speculate who has a better chance than who. It severely injures the media's already damaged reputation, particularly with handeling elections.

As the question asking what Jay Williams has done for our community, before running for mayor, has been brought up; I, as a volunteer in his campaign, feel obligated to respond with the knowlege I have about this issue. I am not going to respond with speculation or heresay, but facts that I have aquired from talking to Jay Williams first-hand on several occasions.

I would first suggest that you should check out his website at http://jaywilliamsformayor.com/ for more information about him, particularly noting the Experience and Accomplishments pages. These will tell you factual information about him, much of which is public record.
He has worked as the Director of the Community Development Agency for the City of Youngstown for the past 5 years, a job he saw an advertisement for in the newspaper. He took a test, along with presenting his resume to city officials,  and underwent an elaborate interview by both City Council and the mayor before being granted the position.

In order to take this job, he gave up his position at the bank, as well as 80% of a very large bonus. This bonus, as he described to me, would have been enough for him to 'quit work and travel the world'. At any rate, he gave it up to take the CDA director position, which pays comparatively less and is a civil service position. As CDA director, he became the spokesperson for the city's 2010 initiative, and attended all (and moderated some) of the more than 100 public meetings around the community, except for one that occurred when he was in London attending a function his wife was involved in. He also worked directly in the 2010 Initiative planning process on the executive committee, which included both city and university officials. He moderated several 2010-sponsored public forums that focused on resolving the divisions of the people of Youngstown, and uniting us in our diversity toward our common desire to see our city improve.

The CDA director is a position that also handles federal funding and destributes that funding to community service institutions according to need. I don't know a whole lot about that, for most of that is behind the scenes work and I have not talked to him much about the details of his work in this aspect. If you would like to know more about it, check the contact page on his website and drop them a line or an e-mail. I'm sure he, or one of his representatives, would gladly respond in detail and take any questions you ask them. I've pressed him, in person,  with some difficult questions in the past, and I was thuroughly impressed with how important he felt it was for me to know every detail and fact.

Many people are also particularly curious about why he quit his job as CDA director to run for public office, and what he intends to do if he is not elected as mayor. I will clear both questions up here and now with what he has told me, first-hand, in a meeting I had with him a few days ago. There is a federal law that states that people in government positions like CDA director (which are hired civil service positions that handle federal funds) are not allowed to run for office. Therefore, to run for office, he had to quit his job as CDA director. It is also important to note that officials in civil service positions cannot be removed by a new mayor the same way that strictly appointed officials can (like police chief), and hence he was in no danger of LOSING his CDA job when McKelvey's term is up.

Currently, Jay Williams is doing consulting work for new businesses in the area, particualrly nonprofit ones, and helping them come up with business plans. This he does independently, and only has work when a business is in need of such services and contracts him to do it. So it is only a temporary job. He obviously hopes to be elected as the mayor of Youngstown. But, if he is not elected, he is certain that he can find work around here. He likes his house (which he had built) and his neighborhood, and he has no intention and desire of moving elsewhere, contrary to speculatory belief.

If you have any further questions or questions about what I've written, I'll do my best to answer them. You can also contact the Committee HQ with the contact information on the website.

MOLOCH

THAT IS SUPPOSE TO CONVINCE ME TO VOTE FOR JAY?

SORRY YOUR FAMILY HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE WITH AN ANIMAL OR TWO - BUT YOU SHOULD NOT BE PREJUDICE OF ALL BECAUSE OF THE ACTIONS OF A FEW!

NOW BACK TO JAY - TELL ME WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR THE COMMUNITY BEFORE DECIDING TO RUN FOR MAYOR THAT WAS BENEFICIAL TO YOUNGSTOWN - WITH OUT PUTTING MONEY IN HIS POCKET EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY!

ytowner

well thats nice you work a lot in a week; and i am sorry i hate animals... family had a bad incident with them that someone got seriously hurt.

JAY.

MOLOCH

I WORK 48 HOURS A WEEK AND HAVE 13 ONCE ABUSED ANIMALS TO TAKE CARE OF - BUT I MAKE TIME FOR IMPORTANT THINGS LIKE THE MAYORS RACE. SO CONVINCE ME. TELL ME WHAT HE HAS DONE TO HELP THIS COMMUNITY BEFORE RUNNING FOR MAYOR. MAGGY HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE WEED AND SEED PROGRAM TO CLEAN UP THE CITY, BLOCK WATCHES, COMMUNITY AND COUNCIL MEETINGS ECT.  SHE HAS BEEN WATCHING WHAT HAS BEEN GOING ON IN THIS CITY FOR YEARS. THAT IS WHY SHE IS RUNNING - SHE CAN'T STAND SEEING THINGS DONE THE WRONG WAY ANYMORE. SHE WANTS TO DO IT RIGHT!  

ytowner

take it as a win all you want.

i got an airport website to run and build and i guess my thinkin of jay winnin doesnt get through your mind even tho she got NO SHOT

MOLOCH

I TAKE THAT AS A WIN!  ;D

YOU CAN TRY AND EXCLUDE HER BUT YOU WON'T SUCCEED!

SHE WILL BE THERE TILL THE END!

SHE WILL BE A FORCE TO RECKON WITH!!!!!

ytowner

if you wanna start a thread on her go ahead because i specifically called this topic: Who Will You Endorse? Hagan or Williams? No where did I put Maggy's Muffins there.

MOLOCH

AH YES, MONEY .... THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL!

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER !

THE DETERMINING FACTOR OF WHO "MAKES IT" TO NOVEMBER IS WHAT OTHER WRONG DOINGS SHE FINDS AND WHO IS DOING THEM -  SHE HAS ALREADY EXPOSED THE "PROBLEMS" WITH THE LAND PURCHASE AND THERE IS THE TAX EXEMPT STREET ISSUE - IT IS STILL EARLY TOO - WHAT ELSE DOES SHE KNOW ? - WHAT IS OUT THERE THAT SHE CAN DISCOVER ?

SHE HAS A SHOT!

ytowner

I am not thinkin about then because she won't make it that far. The money raised by JAY and HAGAN will kill any shot of her winning and force her to drop out.

NO FREAKIN SHOT!

MOLOCH

THE ONLY VOTE ANYONE CAN BE SURE OF IS THE ONE THEY PLACE THEMSELVES - PEOPLE CAN SAY THEY ARE FOR EXAMPLE - JAY- BUT WHEN THEY GET IN THE BOOTH THEY PICK FOR EXAMPLE -MAGGY. -THAT IS WHY WE VOTE AND THEY JUST DON'T ELLECT PEOPLE FROM ASSUMING WHO WILL WIN.

SHE IS HAVING AN EFFECT JUST RUNNING -

IMAGINE WHAT SHE WILL DO WHEN ELECTED!