News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Who Wil You Endorse? Hagan or Williams?

Started by ytowner, May 04, 2005, 03:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOLOCH

YOU MAKE NO ACCUSATIONS ABOUT MAGGY BECAUSE THERE ARE NONE TO MAKE!

YOU DO NOT SAY WHAT IT IS I WAS WRONG ABOUT - BECAUSE - I WASN'T!

THE FACT THAT YOU FEEL YOU MUST "BUTCHER" MY NAME MEANS I HAVE ANGERED YOU WITH THE TRUTH  -  ;D

DON'T WAIT FOR COMRADE - INVESTIGATE FOR YOURSELF - AFRAID YOU WILL FIND OUT -I AM RIGHT - OR ARE YOU JUST INCAPABLE.

OH BY THE WAY -

ACCORDING TO THE WEBSTER'S DICTIONARY
THE DEFINITION OF JADE (JADED) - A HARD, TRANSLUCENT, GREEN GEMSTONE;AN OLD WORN-OUT UNMANAGEABLE HORSE; A MEAN OLD WOMAN; HUSSY.

WELL I AM SURE YOU ARE NOT GREEN  ;D

I AM A SUPPORTER OF MAGGY - I AM NOT MAGGY - I AM NOT RUNNING FOR ANYTHING - IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT MY HOUSE IS MADE OF!

PattiB

Jaded,

Now I must step in, my suggestion is go back through all the posts for this topic. If you take the time to do this you will see that when Maggy posted no names were mentioned nor did she actually out and out refer to any one person. Maggy always encourages people to seek the truth, may I suggest you do the same. Oh and I also suggest you visit Maggy's site and read her crediblity statements: "only open mouth with documentation in hand." Maggy will only say or post something about someone or something if she has the documentation on hardcopy and in her hand keep this in mind before you accuse her of inncorrect or false statements!
Raising teenagers is like being pecked to death by a chicken!
Patti

JADED

MOLUCH,

Before you critique my spelling you may want to check your own from your previous rants.

I will not use this website or any other to make accusations about Maggy or any other candidate. Because that would only diminish Jay's efforts, instead I will let the truth speak for itself. Besides Jay does not need me to defend him, he is more capable of answering any legitimate question(s) for his self so I will leave that to him. I can tell you this, he will not use this sort of format to respond to your and Maggy's accusations, he is man enough to do it face to face.

In parting, I will say this; "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

Think about it.

MOLOCH

JADED
JUST AS YOUR SPELLING IS INACCURATE - SO IS YOUR STATEMENT

1. TELL ME WHICH POST OF MAGGY'S DOES SHE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ANY PARTICULAR CANDIDATE?

2. IF MAGGY HAS DONE SOMETHING ILLEGAL OR IMMORAL I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW - LIST IT!

3. LIST WHAT IS NOT TRUE ABOUT JAY!

I THINK THE REASON WE HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM COMRADE IS OBVIOUS.

THE FACT THAT MY FRIENDS AND I PAY PROPERTY TAXES. OLD PEOPLE STARVING ON SOCIAL SECURITY PAY PROPERTY TAXES. SOME OLD PEOPLE LOSE THEIR HOMES BECAUSE THEY CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY THE TAXES ! JAY WITH HIS 6 FIGURE INCOME DOES NOT - ALONG WITH THE ENTIRE CASTLE STREET. THIS IS ENOUGH FOR ME NOT TO WANT HIM AS MAYOR OF YOUNGSTOWN.

MOLOCH

Jaded

MOLUCH and Maggy you two should be very careful about making false accusations about candidates, in particular about Jay. I happen to know for a fact that SOME of the things you have posted here are false and inaccurate. And because I know this, I have to question the other things you have posted about him. When you two do things like this it calls your own charater into question, I hope both of you read the agreement when you registered to post on this website. In the meantime, I will wait for Comrade to respond with the information she is trying to verify about Jay.

Maggy there are things I have heard about you that are not very flattering and I would not nor would Jay use a website to repeat these things and claim that they are true. As a matter of fact I have never heard Jay go out and publicly accuse his opponents of things whether they are true or not. He has always based his campaign on the vision he has for the city of Youngstown.

Just from listening to you on the radio Maggy I thought you would have been above doing this sort of thing. I can only hope that you don't make that the cornerstone of your campaign, and will try to base it on the plan you have for the city of Youngstown.

Think about it, and Good luck to you in November.

MOLOCH

Comrade_Atek

So I will. So I do. You'll be hearing from me, don't worry!  ;)

maggy

To: Comrade

You didn't hear any comments directly from me about anyone.

Again remember, there are real life independent thinkers in existence.

I applaud your interest in the dynamics of your community and suggest you seek information on your own.  

MOLOCH

COMRADE - LOOKING FOWARD TO YOUR RESPONSE  ;)

Comrade_Atek

Maggy,

I did not judge you, and I'm sorry if it seemed that way. I just haven't heard, up until this last post, anything about you except for what you said about the other candidates. This takes AWAY from the actual issues, and it HAS in this very message board. Because the focus was on the claims you have made about the problems with the other candidates, the SOLUTIONS you have for them in your platform were NOT discussed! This is a problem with many political campaigns, and I don't want it to happen in this one.

Correct information is important, but focusing on the flaws of the other candidates doesn't tell us a THING about you or what you will do to make our city better as mayor. I'm not saying you aren't in this race with the absolute best intentions at heart, I'm saying I don't know, because all I've heard about you (up till this last post) is your criticisms about Jay Williams!

I know a lot of the problems our city faces, but I couldn't run if I wanted to! I'm too young, and lack experience! I don't think I could handle all the slander that anyone running for office must tolerate. I commend you for your willingness to run for office for the betterment of our city. I am glad to know that in November, we will have good choices for Mayor.

Moloch,

I will look into the things you mentioned about Jay Williams, and respond with my findings when I have done so. It is important to know about the history the candidates. It is important to know whether relevant information about their past is true or false, and it is important to find out why it has been said and why it is what it is.

MOLOCH

HI MAGGY
MY FRIENDS AND I ARE BEHIND YOU 100%
THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE AND ALL THAT YOU WILL DO!

COMRADE :

IN MY REPLY #39 - 3RD PARAGRAPH - THAT IS THE INSTRUCTIONS TO FIND THE ABATEMENTS.

CALL THE SHOW AND ASK THEM TO SEND YOU THE TRANSCRIPTS

SHE SHOULD NOT STOP - YOU FOR ONE DID NOT KNOW ABOUT EVERYTHING - EXAMPLE - ABATEMENTS  - OTHER PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN TOO!

CDA LOANS ARE SUPPOSE TO BE APROVED BY A JUDGE - HE SKIPPED THAT PART - WRONG PROCEDURE - INTENTIONALLY OR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE I DO NOT KNOW - EITHER IS UNEXCEPTABLE

I COMMEND YOU FOR WANTING TO SEEK OUT THE TRUTH AND THAT YOU ARE NOT FOR WILLIAMS NO MATTER WHAT

I POSTED THIS BEFORE - YOU MUST HAVE MISSED IT SO HERE IT IS AGAIN

THIS IS FROM MAGGY'S WEB SITE - THIS IS THE FOCUS OF HER CAMPAIGN

Point One:

A pledge that no individual who ran for this office will be appointed head of any department in our city.

We need community oriented, energetic, and knowledgeable people.

Will the other candidates make this pledge?

Point Two:

I have no political consultants(s) assisting me.

Any statements I make will be solely based on my knowledge, my passion, and my words.

Point Three: Charter and Ordinances

Go back - to following our City Charter and established Ordinances.

Youngstown is a Home Rule, not " make your own rules " city.

Laws and Ordinances are passed and should be utilized to benefit the citizenry and protect their assets.

Point Four: Racial Differences in Our Community

Definitions of Community: " a body of people living in the same place under the same laws"..."joint ownership".

I believe that race issues have been used as a tool to divide.

Being out in the "real" community, and having researched many city actions, I have found that it is not about BLACK or WHITE, but the color GREEN.

Point Five: Our 2 3/4% Income Tax

A major issue is our city having the highest income tax rate in the state. We enacted a 1/4% raise in 1997, then another 1/2% effective January 2003, on the backs of our safety forces.

All the while our city leaders were failing to collect millions in arrearages.

Solid foundations build solid structures.

Point Six: How To Collect and Rollback

Sen. Hagan stated at a 7th Ward Coalition Meeting he " would not " rollback the income tax. Mr. Williams stated in the Valley Voice that it would be " irresponsible ".

It is irresponsible not to!

Mr. Williams also stated at the Chamber Breakfast that we would lose 3.5 to 4 million per year on a 1/4% rollback. Try collecting the FIVE million a year owed.

Although it is usually done before acquisition, the first act must be an audit for a clear financial picture. It needs to be privately done - we are charged for the State audits and cannot afford to wait over a year for the results.

Secondly, a private company should be subcontracted to collect our past due accounts.

You then reinvest a portion of these monies back into upgrading the Finance Department to insure that this magnitude of arrearages never occur again.

I believe that within 15 months an initial rollback of 1/4% is feasible.

Point Seven : Data Processing

As a follow up to Point Six, it is imperative that we have a solid Data Processing System with a Chief Information Officer.

Remember Jones Janitorial? The city had an enforceable legal claim for hundreds of thousands of dollars which could not be recovered due to lost paperwork in the Finance Department.

We need to upgrade or install security procedures.

Establish emergency and long range master plans.

Electronically log time in ALL departments, including regular, overtime, and accumulated.

Where is a City Website??? Duh! How do you expect, in the tech age, to market your city and disperse information?

Point Eight: Independent Audit Committee

I am aware that Sen. Hagan has taken steps to initiate a business committee BUT, more crucial than this should be the formation of an independent audit committee - OPEN BOOKS and OVERSIGHT !

JOINT OWNERSHIP - Although it sounds like a business term - it is actually a definition of community.

Point Nine: Loans

A reassessment of all " defaulted loans" for possible collection.

In the future there must be documented proof of collateral and more caution must be used in dispensing waivers and tax abatements.

Point Ten : CDA Funds

These funds need full review. We have repeatedly been found in " non compliance " under State audits.

More monies need to allocated to demolition and revitalization.

Special emphasis needs to be placed on the 4 million outstanding in the Revolving Loan program, to insure these monies continue to " revolve ".

Think About It !

Maggy

Dear Comrade,

I finally had to jump in. First, the individuals supporting me are thinkers and as such seek out the facts, not just what is told to them.

As for who I am - if you sought the facts, you would know that I address issues, and only address the person as they relate to such. Also, apparently you have not visited my website or you would have seen not only issues, but solutions.

Do not judge, what or who you do not know.

I am not in elected office and may not be in the future, but I recently had an effect on one long standing problem. It wasn't until I began to make public the millions in arrearages in income tax and addressed the issue both before the primary and at the Chamber breakfast that all of a sudden the city brings RITA in to collect finally. You see while they were requesting that 1/2% on the backs of our safety forces, who never received their percentage, they were failing to collect 5 MILLION a year. If they were collecting, we would still be paying 2 1/4%. However, it was easier to add on than address the core problem.

Finally, if you were truly knowledgeable of all that has been wrong or done wrong you would most likely be a candidate yourself.

There are those who really do place community interest ahead of their personal ones.

Comrade_Atek

Why should an investigation make ME nervous? What do I have to lose? If he's truly done some shady things while he was CDA director, do you think I DON'T want to know it? I don't want a crooked mayor! We've had enough of them! But I haven't seen any proof of this. And I don't even know if this 'investigation' is necessarily anything more than routine procedure! I don't know where to find the transcripts. You haven't told me.

Back to these abatements: Where do I find that, at the courthouse? Isn't there a URL I can go to, the Auditor's website or something? Do you have the URL where you found this information?

Why should she stop? Because we already know what the problems are! We don't NEED a critic, we need an honest leader! We need SOLUTIONS to our problems! If she's got some ideas, why isn't she making THESE the focus of her campaign? Why is she wasting her air time and press time talking about the other candidates? Whether it's true or not, it's not saying a thing about what she is going to do to fix it, to make things better.

MOLOCH

I TOLD YOU TO CHECK OUT THE TRANSCRIPTS OF THAT SHOW WHERE IT WAS DISCUSSED! I CAN SEE WHY AN INVESTIGATION MAKES YOU NERVOUS.

LOOK AT THE VINDICATOR POLE FOR YOURSELF - ON THEIR SITE IN THE ARCHIVES.

LOOK AT - FREE PUBLIC RECORDS - OH - MAHONING - PROPERTY -SEARCH THE STREET CASTLE - THERE WILL BE 2 ENTRIES FOR EACH HOUSE- ONE SHOWING WHAT THEY SHOULD BE PAYING IN TAXES WITH THE ABATEMENT FOR 15 YEARS BY THEIR NAME - THE SECOND SHOWING NO TAXES OWED OR PAID - ADD THEM UP X 15 YRS + THE DELINQUENT TAXES IT EQUALS $502235.36 - READ THE LAW ON THE PROCEDURE FOR ABATEMENTS.IN CASE YOU DID NOT KNOW WILLIAMS LIVES ON CASTLE.

MAGGY HAS BEEN A CRITTIC OF YOUNGSTOWN FOR YEARS - EXPOSING WRONG DOINGS BY INFORMING THE PUBLIC - WHY SHOULD SHE STOP? SHE KNOWS WHAT IS BEING DONE WRONG AND HOW TO DO IT RIGHT!THINGS HAVE TO BE DONE USING THE CORRECT PROCEDURES IN ORDER TO FIX THE PROBLEMS OF YOUNGSTOWN

WE WILL LEARN MORE ON THE BROTHER K'S SHOW WED AUG 3RD 9-10 AM

Comrade_Atek

CDA Funds investigation- You did not cite a specific source I could check to find out if this claim is fact. Who was supposed to do this investigation? Why were they going to do the investigation? You did not answer these questions, which are the important ones. I also don't trust a candidate who feels they need to attack another one to prove their own value.

Tax Abatements - How does the school board make decisions on tax abatements? Where did you receive this information? Did you check his tax record? Where can I go to check his tax record?

Trumbull Registration - Did you check this personally? Where can I do so?

2010 - Like I said before, this is completely off-topic. How many people took that pole, anyway? Did you see this poll yourself?

If Maggie is certain that she is the best candidate for the job, why doesn't she focus on what's good about her instead of wasting time trying to find flaws with the others? This is a low-level tactic of a politician playing on the ignorance of the voters. It's an insult to our intelligence as citizens, and it takes away from the actual issues at hand.

Rather than focus on the actual issues of the campaign, such as security, business development, more organized city governement, etc., it forces the attacked candidate to respond to these attacks, whether they are true or not. Though some may be true, and important, most are exaggerations, heresay, and slander. If Jay Williams used this tactic against Maggie or any other candidate, I'd be downright furious with him. And, believe me, I'd let him know it.

I totally agree with you, we do NOT need another politician. AMEN to THAT! Jay Williams is not a politician, from what I have seen. But I will talk to him about the things you've said, and see what he has to say about them.