News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Who Wil You Endorse? Hagan or Williams?

Started by ytowner, May 04, 2005, 03:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GETREAL

After reading this thread I decided to do a little investigation of my own regarding the residents of Jay Williams' Street, Castle Ct.

This information can be obtained  online at the Mahoning County Additor property search.

It appears that the statement that none of them will pay taxes is correct.  

They have an abatement for 15 years.

It is called a City Reinvestment Area

CRA ABATEMENT 15 YEARS  
100% N / C TY2001-TY2015  
SEE ABATED, PA 119.0-0A USA  

revised commentary

There are identical address entries for each property. Each secondary entry shows no property value with no taxes.  Only one resident on the street doesn't have a double entry.

What is up with this?  How can they get away with this?  Is this legal?  

If this is Williams' brainchild, should we admire him for being sly like a fox or mistrust him for being a snake?  Our public servants need to be held accountable for their responsibilities and should be held to a high standard. He should separate himself from this tax abatement situation if he wants to be mayor.

This is not a neighborhood that needs revitilzation nor does it need too attract settlers.  It is one of the more affluent streets in Youngstown adjacent to Boardman.

As to how this came about is  a mystery.

So one of the questions raised has foundation - what about the others?

GETREAL

QuoteYou 2 and maggy have made this site pathetic and a joke so my site with actual moderating will begin to rule the area as i get more members from the dems and vindy boards.

Moderation? You plan to moderate anyone who disagrees with you?  Moderation on your board will show that you don't tolerate freedom of speech. BBS is about discussion and differing views. I believe that moderation on this board is primarily used to remove outdated posts and not for censoring. If it was about censoring then your posts, ytownnewsandviews would probably be some of the first to go.

It is interesting to note that your posts are the posts where the "trash" filter changed your profanities to more  appropriate words.  It is interesting to note that you begin to name call when someone disagrees with your opinion. This then spurs angry commentary.  All roads lead back to your initial "angry" insults.

Jaded, I haven't seen anyone EXCEPT THE BOARD OWNER say "refer to the site's agreement" when certain board members called Hagan or other members names.  Quoting the terms of use when it is convenient for your cause seems like a defensive move.  Interesting to note that comments about the terms of use come from someone who has not bothered to agree to the terms of use and become a member.

If board members are making inaccurate or slanderous statements regarding political candidates, then report it to the administrator. There are dozens more seemingly inaccurate statements being made on the Dems boards and the sparse traffic that the Vindy board gets is all about negatvity.  The "questionable" statements were made in the form of questions... the poster is asking questions so that others may take it upon themselves to look into the points made.

Good luck with your BBS. It can be any flavor you wish, if you are paying the bills. You can censor out anyone who disagrees with you.   That is why the internet is so appealing.  The MV BBS has been around for a long time, sans censorship, except for profanity.   Many of the users go back to the YSU freenet days before the WWW even had pictures and it took some skill to communicate and navigate - not just point and click.  Probably long before your time. The MV Board is far from pathetic...you even resort to calling this BBS names, now that IS pathetic.

GET REAL

PattiB

Moloch,

Yes we are having another prayer walk, we have changed it from Mothers Prayer Walk to  Community Prayer Walk and it is open to everyone in the community. It will be the 27th on the Southside. The last one on the eastside I felt was sucessful considering the short notice and lack of publicity. I was touch when 2 young men playing basketball in the street put the ball down and joined us on the walk. Although a few others joined us its the teens we're losing and for those to young men to join us gave me hope that we can reach people including our young people and in turn maybe save some lives.
Raising teenagers is like being pecked to death by a chicken!
Patti

MOLOCH

PATTIB

I ALSO THINK THE ELDERLY ON SOCIAL SECURITY SHOULD GET THE TAX ABATEMENTS - MAYBE THEN THEY COULD AFFORD MORE THAN CAT FOOD TO EAT! -

I HEARD THERE WAS GOING TO BE ANOTHER MOTHERS WALK ON THE SOUTHSIDE AROUND THE 22 ND - SINCE PEOPLE ASSUME WE KNOW EACH OTHER - MAYBE WE SHOULD MEET  :D

PattiB

Well Moloch I think they have a hard time accepting the fact that you may actually be able to think on your own. I'm sure a lot of people feel that me or Maggy tell you what to say, they don't realize that Maggy and I will post when we feel there is a need for it and that we won't hide behind someone else or have someone else make posts for us.

As for the tax abatement issue, I don't agree with it for a couple of reasons:
1) the school board denied it, the street got it anyway
2) if you're going to give a tax abatement give it to the elderly that live on a fixed income and could use that bit of extra money

My view is if they can afford those houses they can afford to pay their taxes.
Patti

MOLOCH

JADED & Y-TOWN NEWS & VIEWS

SORRY FOR THE SPELLING ERROR - THAT IS A - YOUNGSTOWN EDUCATION FOR YOU.

ACTUALLY I HAVE STARTED 2-3 THREADS - HOWEVER I DO RESPOND TO THEM - YOU ARE NOT INTELLIGENT, ARE YOU - YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO  READ THE MESSAGE BOARD PROPERLY - THE NAME IN THE MIDDLE IS WHO STARTED THE POST - ON THE RIGHT IS LAST RESPONSE.  DIDN'T YOU NOTICE YOUR NAME ON THE RIGHT WHEN YOU POSTED YOUR REPLIES OR ARE YOU NOT OBSERVANT EITHER? - MUST NOT BE CONSIDERING THE COLUMNS HAVE HEADERS.

YES I SPEND ALLOT OF TIME AT HOME - SO I AM NOT ROBBED. UNFORTUNATELY MY NEIGHBORHOOD IS NOT SAFE.  

I DID SEEK HELP FOR MY ANGER - THEY CALLED IT MENOPAUSE  ;D

YOU TWO ARE THE ONES WHO START THE NAME CALLING WHEN YOU ARE FACED WITH A TRUTH YOU HAVE NO ANSWER FOR. ANYONE CAN SEE THAT WHEN THEY READ THE POSTS - ANOTHER INACCURATE STATEMENT FROM YOU JADED.

ALL THE CANDIDATES HAVE A SHOT AT WINNING. MANY PEOPLE WILL LISTEN TO THE DEBATES AND HEAR WHAT THEY ALL HAVE TO SAY. NO ONE EVER SAID SHE DID NOT ENTER THIS RACE AS A LONG SHOT. THE MORE EXPOSURE SHE GETS THE BETTER HER CHANCES. THE PEOPLE YOU TALKED TO DOWNTOWN HEARD THE NAME MAGGY FROM YOU - THEY HAVE NOT HEARD HER YET - WHEN THEY DO, SOME MAY CHANGE THEIR MINDS  ;D  AND NOW SHE KNOWS TO GET DOWN THERE AND TALK TO PEOPLE. THANKS AGAIN  ;D

I FIND IT INTERESTING YOU BOTH MADE POSTS - YET NO NAME OF A JUDGE - AND NO TALK OF THE TAXES. JUST A STATEMENT THAT I AM LYING WITH NO PROOF THAT I AM. THAT IS BECAUSE I AM NOT LYING - THERE IS NO JUDGE AND CASTLE STREET DOES NOT PAY PROPERTY TAX. SO YOU GO AHEAD AND PUT YOUR TAIL BETWEEN YOUR LEGS AND RUN ON OVER TO Y-TOWNS SITE. YOU BOTH JUST START CALLING PEOPLE NAMES WHEN FACED WITH A TRUTH YOU CAN NOT DISPUTE.

PATTIB- UPON INVESTIGATION OF Y-TOWNS SITE - HE IS RIGHT IN SENDING PEOPLE THERE - JADED ONLY MADE THE 21 ST MEMBER.

WHEN I READ JADED'S FIRST POST - WITH THE SAME MISSPELLING OF MY NAME Y-TOWN DOES WHEN ANGERED - I THOUGHT THEY WERE ONE IN THE SAME - BUT IN THE DISCOVERY, JADED DOES NOT KNOW THE LAYOUT OF THE MESSAGE BOARD - I NO LONGER THINK THAT.

PattiB

Ok once again you keep saying you 2 and Maggy, I would like you to show me a post where Maggy or I have gotten out of line or made any comments that were false or out of line in anyway!
Patti

ytowner

I'm with Jaded. You 2 and maggy have made this site pathetic and a joke so my site with actual moderating will begin to rule the area as i get more members from the dems and vindy boards.

And regarding me asking those downtown about maggy; they still said they are voting for jay anyway!

3rd like many people say maggy has only stated problems in the city and HAS NEVER GIVEN US WHAT SHE WILL DO AND IT CONTINUES ON HER PATHETIC Website. Come November you will know with polls and debates who will win; its quite simple; JAY.

http://youngstown.rr.nu

ps.. this site was once good but you 2 have become so unrealistic and so defiant about maggy and her shots of winning i can't talk here witha bout being criticized.

JADED

Look MO LUNCH,

First of all it's bye-bye NOT buy, buy

Bye-bye means farewell, so-long, good-bye

Buy means to purchase

Obviously, you are a psychopath with a computer. I've noticed you have started a lot of threads on this website. This tells me you don't have much going on in your life and perhaps the reason for all of your hostile and angry post. You should really seek help.

I am glad that you admit you are not speaking for Maggy. You do not represent her campaign well with all of your anger. Just from reading your post you may have possibly turned some undecided voters away from Maggy because of all of the accusations and lies you have made against Jay. Don't you think that if half of these things you say were true, Jay would have been forced to drop out of the race by now? Come on THINK ABOUT IT!

I am saying BYE-BYE to you because I will no longer respond to your ridiculous accusations, it only encourages you to continue with this wild and out of control behavior. I still suggest you seek help because you have some issues you need to deal with.

THINK ABOUT IT, OKAY?

PattiB

Jaded,

I had no intention of changing your mind when I asked you to visit Maggy's site. My intention was for you to see what Maggy is about and the fact that IF Maggy does post something about someone or something it will be factual and she will have the documentation to back it up.  

My dearest Ytown News and Views,

I make every attempt to be nice and polite to everyone on every board I visit and post on as does Maggy. Moloch is an adult and has taken the time to do some investigating on her own especially about the taxes.
Please don't include my name and Maggy's name in the so called smear campaign, if we post something it will be a fact that includes documented proof. I would also have to say that since Moloch has taken the time to look things up she will also have documented proof.
Oh and she's right you should be sending people to the airport site never thought about it but that is a good idea.
I'd include a link in your posts. :)
Patti

MOLOCH

JADED - TYPE-O - YA SURE - BUY, BUY.

YTOWN NEWS AND VIEWS - SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT JAY RAN THE CDA LOAN THROUGH THE JUDGE LIKE THE LAW STATES - IF I WAS MISINFORMED THEN PLEASE ,TELL ME THE JUDGES NAME? JUST TYPE ...THE JUDGE WAS (INSERT NAME HERE)

THANK YOU FOR INFORMING ALL THOSE PEOPLE THAT MAGGY IS RUNNING - THEY MIGHT NOT HAVE KNOWN IF IT WASN'T FOR YOU. IT IS HELPFUL TO MAGGY THAT PEOPLE LEARN THEY HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE  ;D

WHY HAVEN'T YOU MENTIONED THE  NOT PAYING OF PROPERTY TAXES FOR 15 YEARS FOR THE ENTIRE, CASTLE STREET, ISSUE? TELL ME HOW YOU JUSTIFY THIS AS ACCEPTABLE. DISCUSS IT WITH ME. WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS ON THIS. I WILL MAKE IT EASY FOR YOU

- FINISH THIS STATEMENT...

...JAY AND THE OTHER RESIDENTS OF CASTLE STREET DESERVE NOT TO PAY TAXES FOR 15 YEARS BECAUSE......

$502235.36 IS ALLOT OF MONEY FOR YOUNGSTOWN TO LOOSE. IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME GO ONTO THE PROPERTY SITE AND DO THE MATH YOURSELF. I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THIS FACT DOES NOT BOTHER YOU - UNLESS YOU YOURSELF DO NOT PAY PROPERTY TAX. EXPLAIN TO ME - WHY THIS SHOULD NOT MAKE ME ANGRY.

HATE - YES - I VERY MUCH RESENT THIS FACT - ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CITY TAX RATE IS INCREASED BECAUSE "THEY NEED MONEY". WE LEARNED ABOUT CASTLE STREET BECAUSE JAY IS RUNNING FOR MAYOR - HOW MANY MORE RESIDENTS ARE OUT THERE EXEMPT FROM PAYING TAXES AND WHY? THEN THERE ARE THE UNCOLLECTED BACK TAXES - WHY SO LONG TO COLLECT?

I HAVE ASKED YOU TO DISCUSS THIS ISSUE IN PAST POSTS - HOPEFULLY YOU ANSWER THIS TIME.

YOU SHOULD SEND PEOPLE TO YOUR AIRPORT SITE TO TRY AND BUILD-UP YOUR MEMBERS. I AM SURE THEY WILL EVENTUALLY GET AN AIRLINE.

*LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR TO ALL -  THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - I DO NOT SPEAK FOR MAGGY. IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT IS BOTHERSOME TO YOU, DON'T INCLUDE HER IN YOUR REPLY - MY STATEMENTS ARE NOT HERS NOR HER CAMPAIGN.

MAGGY FOR MAYOR

ytowner

You know what man if you want me and you can get my site: Youngstown News and Views back to competition with the dems board and maybe give some more calm opinion on this mayors race and be realistic its hagan vs. jay.

join me @ http://youngstown.rr.nu

JADED

To Ytown News and Views

Good post, however I am sure you will be attacked at any moment now.

I thought the purpose of this site was to participate in lively discussions about our views of the current political situation here in Youngstown. Unfortunately, if you do not agree with an opposing view then you are attacked and called names. I just hope this site does not turn out to be another Dems17. I will only view and occasionally post when I think an intelligent conversation is taking place without all of the accusations and attacks.  Watch this:  JAY FOR MAYOR! If I'm not attacked for those three words I will be surprised.

ytowner

fyi: Maggy-Moluch-PattiB.... I know city workers downtown and one from the CDA Department and your continuos false accusations regarding Jay are hurting you bad as they have spread the word about your comments.

So if I were you I'd regret your thoughts on the Jay Campaign because judging by talking to many people downtown; not just city workers; Jay is by far the favorite and the pedestrians downtown have no clue who you are and didn't even know you were running.

So your Hagan like-SMEAR-Campaign must stop and folks like Comrade and other supporters of Jay like muah should not be blamed with your hate.

sincerely; Ytown News and Views

JADED

I'm sorry MOLOCH it was just a type-o, I certainly was not trying to offend you in anyway. Obviously, my type-o has upset you as well as my opinion about you and Maggy so I will end my post with you here.

Thank you for the suggestion PattiB, I did visit Maggy's website, I found it somewhat enlightening but not enough to make me change my mind about who I will be supporting this fall. It will to be interesting to hear the candidates' positions at the forum later this month.

Good luck