News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

NEWS Flash!...Asian Investors are very active in buying Homes in Youngstown!

Started by Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics, July 30, 2007, 09:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

You sir are not addressing the key issue ... vandalism is tearing this city apart and the local scrap dealers are aiding and abetting in this problem, so what would YOU do IF elected to City Council?

NOTHING THAT YOU SAY CONVINCES THIS VOTER THAT YOU HAVE A REAL GRASP OF THE PROBLEM, SO WHY SHOULD THE PEOPLE OF YOUR WARD HAVE ANY CONFIDENCE THAT YOU WOULD DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

To show you just how bad it is, former Youngstown Mayor George McKelvey had the gutters on his home stolen.

Let's get real, these scum bags aren't just satisfied with stripping vacant houses, they are also going for occupied homes as well.

Further, nothing you have to say about tearing down condemned homes will convince me that you have a valid point.

These houses are fire traps that are putting the safety of our firemen at risk, as well as the homes near them, and if I have to choose between public safety and ramshackled houses, I'll choose public safety first.

Next, let me ask you, where would the money come from to rehab a house that has been stripped of all it's plumbing and wiring?

Ron Verb was absolutely right ... people are afraid to put "FOR SALE" signs up for fear that scavengers will target their houses.

The city needs an aggressive enforcement against the people that are stripping houses in the city, and I don't see you having this as a priority.

Finally, just how many abandoned houses in the city have you invested in to restore.

We have several folks on this board that have put their money where their mouths are, and are restoring homes in the city at their own expence and they have my sincere respect. Go and do you likewise.

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

Re: Vandalism is out of control in Youngstown but Demolition is more Important?
Posted by: B E L L A M Y (IP Logged)
Date: April 28, 2007 09:40AM

"You can't vandalize a house that isn't there."....This is an Ignorant Statement!

Vandalism unchecked will spread from one house to another...as homes become vacant for any reason they will be vandalized because this is allowed by our misguided city leaders.

So when you demolish a vandalized home you are just addressing the Effect of Vandalism...to stop this problem we will need to attack the Root Cause which is Vandalism itself.

Vacant Lots will never generate any Income, growth or stability for anyone in Youngstown.

Only Ignorant People follow Ignorant Political Policies....Think about it.

Mary

Hey Townstalk I heard part of Ron Verb's show this morning and that was a subject!

Towntalk

The folks that can afford to buy homes here are not, and I repeat not interested in downgrading to buy firetrap homes, but are interested in those upscale homes such as the Printz Mansion.

Bellamy rather than moan and groan about those homes that were so delapidated that they had to be torn down, why aren't you hammering on those scrap dealers that are buying stolen materials from houses. You want to run for City Council, what would you do about this problem?

If YPD were to conduct unannounced raids on the scrap dealers like they do pawn shops the scrap dealers would have second thoughts about their business dealings.

When some scum bag in a rag tag pick-up comes into a scrap yard several times a week with siding or gutters, or copper pipes, that should set up red flags all over the place, but they buy his stuff no questions asked.

Ted

A very nice Asian family recently purchased the Printz Mansion on Fifth Avenue. They are doing alot of improvements.

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

NEWS Flash!...Asian Investors are very active in buying Homes in Youngstown!

We have received reliable information that numerous investors from Japan and other Asian countries are making real estate purchases in the inner city neighborhoods of Youngstown.

These investors do not want to build new homes. They want to buy large older homes.

The low price real estate secret is out "World Wide"

Has mass demolition killed our city's Potential Tax Base?