News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Murals Downtown

Started by Jaime Hughes, July 07, 2007, 09:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

This is a great idea. We've seen with past murals that people respect them and so far as I know, haven't defaced them so that we can enjoy them over and over again. There aren't all that many locations left downtown where these murals can be hung, so they become all the more important.

Has anyone given any thought to preserving the older ones by leasing a store front to turn into a gallery where these murals can eventually find a perminant home. Those of us who have collected historical materials such as photos could add to a collection that could be enlarged and displayed along with the murals.

Jaime Hughes

When speaking to the wonderful Mr. Bob Barko of Steel Town Studios, I had suggested that murals be put up downtown instead of the hideous brown that is painted over things like the former doors of the Liberty/Paramount Theatre.

Today I read in the paper that there will be murals placed in various spots downtown. Does anyone think that this is a good idea? I feel that it really embraces the history of downtown, but also a nice twist to the future.

Tell me what you all think!! I will be in touch with you all because I have a lot of projects brewing...My graduation party is today so I'm not sure when I will get to your comments!!

Have a wonderful day on this fine 7/7/07!!