News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Judge Milich sentence Handicapped Elderly Blackman to 60 Days House Arrest

Started by Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics, July 04, 2007, 09:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

I've known Joe perhaps longer than most of the group here, and count him as a personal friend, and I agree that the Judge in question was dead wrong in his sentence.

The thing that I would like to know Mr. Bellamey, aside from politicalizing it, why don't you get a few of your friends together and see how you can help by volunteering to paint his home for him? I certainly would if I were physically able to. Or is that asking too much of you?

It's sad that a politician would jump on an issue but not roll up his sleeves and pitch in and help. You slam the judge, but what are you, going to do to set an example?

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

To create the "CONTEXT" in a discussion about Humanity and our Civilized American Society...We must paint or at least establish the environment of the discussion.  

No one ever wants to admit that Race is an Issues in anything considered American....

HOWEVER...We all know the true and Slimy Underbelly of thoughts in our nation...We don't have to openly admit to it but we should not deny it's existence.  

The issue of skin color only creates the context but the over riding issue should be his age and physical abilities.

Oldmill

Oh, as Earl Pitts would say " Cry me a river" Whats the difference between an elderly handicapped white man or an elderly handicapped black man ? Why even post the race ? It is not relevent . Do you want Judge Milich to appear to be racist ? Thats what it sounds like to me . Who is stealing from all these homes ? Why cant someone help this poor man ? If you want to rid the world of racisim , First stop saying a black man or white man or chinese man, etc....

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

Judge Milich sentence Handicapped Elderly Blackman to 60 Days House Arrest for not Painting his House...Is this political?
Posted by: Big Bob Johnson (IP Logged)
Date: July 03, 2007 05:13AM

Judge Milich sentence Handicapped Elderly Blackman to 60 Days House Arrest for not Painting his House...Is this political?

Today a Youngstown City icon will begin his tortuous sentence of 60 Days House Arrest for merely not being able to paint his South Side home. Joe Teague is a Handicapped Elderly Blackman who is also a city wide icon and past Mayoral and Congressional Political Candidate for Youngstown. Mr. Teague has very limited use of his hands; he cannot walk very well and is on a low fixed income.

Mr. Teague's West Evergreen home is located in our city's most Vandalized area, where House Stripping and Criminal Damage is the order of the day. Homes on this street are completely stripped from the basement to the attic with no Police Reports or Complaints ever being filed at City Hall. Calls to the Mayor's and Police office regarding House Stripping and Criminal Damage are never returned.

It appears that Judge Milich should have visited the area before he thought to dole out such a harsh sentence on Mr. Teague. The Elderly Black Citizens of Youngstown want to live in better conditions, however when House Stripping and Criminal Damage is the norm any improvements to your home seems to be a potential waste of money.