News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Separation of Church and City

Started by jay, June 18, 2007, 05:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldmill

Very Interesting ! I wonder if that applies to us giving our hard earned tax money to Israel to murder Palestinians ? I would contact the ACLU but I don't think they would do anything about that ....  I would rather see tax money go to this country than out of country

our2cents

I agree with sep of church & state.  However, from my experiece with city governments, any group can file for community project support.  Without having the exact details, how can any of us really say there was anything inappropriate about the funding of this project?

Towntalk

Taxpayer Dollars? Absolutely no! Regardless of the motive the city has absolutely no right to give one single penny of taxpayer dollars to any church for any reason ... not for landscaping ... not for childcare programs ... not for food pantries ... nothing!

By the way, which church is reaping the benefit of my hard earned money.

I'm sure that if the ACLU got wind of this that they would have raised the roof.

jay

Is it proper for the city to give money to a church for a landscape project? 
Is this a common practice for our city government?