News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Disqualified Council Candidates - What is next?

Started by jay, June 10, 2007, 11:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Is there a school board election in Youngstown this year?  Some of the independent candidates may want to run for a seat on the board.

jay

It is my understanding that the Mahoning County Board of Elections will determine the independent candidates' ballot status later this week.

Maggy

Jay,

Say Charlie Wilson!

Yes it is, as long as they declare at least 62 days preceding the election.

Most laws allow for a two year statute of limitations on things. I wonder how many others have done the same thing, as Mr. McCabe pointed out that it has been "common practice". Do they decertify all?

One should also remember it was sent as an " advisory opinion". Should the State not have this information on Independents instruction sheets?  I do and Mr. Blackwell should have questioned, a Federal Courts jurisdiction in determining and/or interpreting State law.

jay

According to the newspaper, most independent council candidates will be disqualified from running in the November election because they voted in a partisan election in May.

Is it possible for these candidates to run as "write ins" in the November election?