News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Seventh Ward Political Forum

Started by jay, April 21, 2014, 05:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PD

I think that Fitzgerald came into town plus to be honest it's to close to the election.  They should have had it weeks ago.  The candidates are making the final push now and need to decide what's most productive for them.  What events or time spent will get them more votes.

iwasthere

The endorsed dem cand had a mandatory meeting to attd that was called f
By the dem ch at the last minute. :o ::)

jay

Is it true that the endorsed Democratic Party candidates boycotted this 7th ward candidates' forum?

jay

Political Quiz

Which candidate's supporters wear orange T-shirts with blue writing?

iwasthere

Jay thx for posting this event. I would had but time slipped passed by me. Say afternoon are two pm would work for political debate.

Towntalk

What about having the do at 2:00 PM ... or 10:00 AM then? A do on a Sunday afternoon would be even better, so the people that are the ones who pay the taxes are left out ... who cares ... just so we satisfy a few people who are non producers ...this is exactly why Youngstown is in the pathetic state it's in, and will stay in until we have a city that'snot worth saving.
Until those of us who are the productive citizens of Youngstown are prepared to show that we have some real back bone and take this city back, this town will keep sliding backward, and those who own property in the city will see their property valued sink so low that they can't give them away and that includes the properties on the West Side as well as the other parts of town. Need proof? Just look at the property values on the North Side where the wealthy once lived.
I'm a senior citizen ... my best days are well past me, and to be perfectly honest with myself, my next stop will either be a nursing home or the cemetary, but there are those, younger than myself who are the glue that is holding this God forsaked city together, and in my book, they are the only ones that matter ... and with each passing year more of them are throwing up their hands and moving out of the city, until the day is not far off that the only people we'll have living in the city are folks on welfare, and the non-productive that would drop over dead if they had to do an honest day's work.
The productive folks in Youngstown had better wake up and smell the coffee ... you are being used and bled dry ... not for the benefit of your fellow neighbors, but for non-productive folks who are on welfare.
Lets get something absolutely clear ... there are good, decent folks who through no fault of their own find themselves caught in the welfare web, but they are the minority of those on the welfare roles. The majority are career welfare recepients and their children will follow them onto the welfare roles as will their children's children.

jay

I agree with PD.  Most of those who attend are the supporters of the candidates.

If the event were held at 8:00 or 8:30 p.m., even fewer would attend.  That would be cutting into prime time television and most people would rather watch TV than to learn about the candidates.  ;D

Towntalk

I just posted the notice, I have no say where these do's are going to be held. My big gripe is the time element. It seems to be a conspiracy to get the working, tax paying citizens out of the picture and just deal with those non-taxpaying people on welfare. There is absolutely no reason why they can't have these sessions at say &:30 PM or 8:00 PM if they have tohave it on a weekday.

PD

It should be at the Byzantine center or in the 7th ward. If not in the 7th they should have had it at Fellowes again.
90% of the people there will be supporters of the candidates anyway with their name tags and shirts on.  They don't advertise these or reach out to the public enough as they should.

jay

Also, wouldn't it be better if the Seventh Ward Coalition's event was actually held in the 7th ward.  St. Dominics is located in the 6th ward.

Towntalk

WHO SCHEDULES THESE FORUMS, AND WHY AT 6:30 PM WHEN MOST FAMILIES ARE SITTING DOWN TO SUPPER? IT'S NO WONDER WHY ATTENDENCE AT THESE FORUMS ARE LOW!
THESE FORUMS SHOULD BE SCHEDULED AT AN HOUR WHERE WORKING FAMILIES CAN HAVE SUPPER WITH THEIR CHILDREN. SAY AT 8:00 PM.
IF THE PEOPLE SCHEDULING THESE FORUMS ARE SO BOUND AND DETERMINED TO HAVE THEM AT 6:30 PM, THEN ARRANGE TO FEED THEM!

Towntalk

The 7th Ward Citizens Coalition will have a candidates and issues forum at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at the St. Dominic Parish Center, 77 E. Lucius Ave.Those scheduled to attend include Democratic primary candidates for the 58th Ohio House District, Mahoning County Probate Court and the open 7th District Court of Appeals seats. Also, both sides of the Youngstown Bill of Rights anti-fracking charter amendment and the county sales-tax ballot issues will speak.

jay

Could someone from the south side post information about the upcoming Seventh Ward Citizens Coalition's candidates' forum.