News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

58Th Ohio House District Race

Started by jay, February 06, 2014, 08:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

I thought yd signs were to go up thirty says before election? ???

jay

Cynthia McWilson yard signs started to appear in the Cornersburg area this weekend.

I've received Lapore-Hagan and Tarpley mailings last week.

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on February 11, 2014, 06:46:31 PM
Notice how many of them are (were) judges?
yes, i did. i would welcome the days,"sober as the judge".

Towntalk

We're actually in agreement Jay. It's just that I trust any politician as far as I can throw the Empire State Building, and since it's these same snakes in the grass that make our laws, and they aren't about to chop off their noses to spite their faces.

jay

All too often, society assumes that an endorsed candidate is someone special from a party's ranks.  Remember that birds of a feather flock together.  The committeemen of a party may be made up of less than stellar individuals.  Thus a suspect candidate results.

I've participated in many block watch meetings over the last year.  I've identified several individuals who would make wonderful candidates for office and I would be happy to support them if they ever chose to run.  As I stated earlier, we need an easier recall mechanism to remove any office holder who does not live up to our expectations.  I feel that active citizen participation in the community will go a long way toward promoting a higher caliber of individual to office.

Towntalk

A crooked politician is a crooked politician regardless of what his or her party is or whether he or she is an independent.

jay

Nonpartisan elections coupled with an easier recall procedure would help.

Towntalk

Notice how many of them are (were) judges?

iwasthere

Towntalk

QUESTION:
Just how many local Democratic office holders are either CONS; EX-CONS; or SOON TO BE CONS spending time in the SLAMMER?

jay

QuoteRepublicans Running in the Primary 
None

Independents Running in the Primary
None

This is the reason why one party rules. 

Rick Rowlands

And one party rule continues, much to the detriment of the residents.

jay

The Mahoning County Democratic Party Central Committee will make endorsements for this and other offices on Saturday, February 22.

jay

I believe three of the four candidates are current precinct committeemen or committeewomen.

jay

The 58th Ohio House District Race

Democrats Running in the Primary

Michele Lepore-Hagan
Janet Tarpley
Michael E. O'Hara
Cynthia L. McWilson

Republicans Running in the Primary 

None

Independents Running in the Primary

None