News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Great Idea Gone Bad…?

Started by Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics, August 18, 2006, 12:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I listened to part of the Dan Rivers Show on Thursday.   Mr. Rivers tried to explain the benefits of regional cooperation.  The suburban callers did not want their communities involved the the city of Youngstown in any way.  It looks as though the mayor's JEDD proposal is a dead issue for now.  A trustee from Austintown suggested forming  a new city which would buy its water from the city of Niles.  If this happens, Youngstown would be completely isolated from the suburbs. 

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

Great Idea Gone Bad...?

I remember when of the Mayor's JEDD/ANNEXATION Plan was announced, it appeared in the Vindicator [front page above the fold] my immediate thought was...this was really bad or really good. [the mayor's photo did look a little bad]

I think that the Mayor had a great idea and maybe in his youthfulness he prematurely decided to announce it.  His poor timing gave the impression to the public that he could not handle Youngstown let alone the suburbs. 

The Youngstown Suburban communities are locked into their homes by way of equity loans that help them obtain a better standard of living.  These folks cannot afford the possibility of lower property values because of a direct association to bad reputation "Youngstown"...and I don't blame them at all...

My hope is that the Mayor does not attempt to push this idea down the Suburbanite's throat...He has the makings for a good political career but this poorly presented idea can hurt.   

Maybe he should just raise the Suburbanite's water bills to unheard of rates?...Yah...now that's a good idea!..."It Should Always Be About Increasing Revenue to the City Of Youngstown"...

The Mayor's JEDD/ANNEXATION Plan could be a dead horse my now [but]...We may witness the power of the Dan Rivers am radio show that can convert all of the Suburbanites to become one big city called "Youngstown 2010 a Space odyssey don't be a menace to south central while drinking your juice in the hood" I love comedy.....