News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Maggy Talk Show (?)

Started by jay, July 31, 2006, 09:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

This is a timely topic.  There are fights, shootings, and other forms of violence taking place in our city every night of the week, especially on the south side of Youngstown.

ForumManager

Will be listening and perhaps commenting.
Thanks very much, Maggy, for your continued dedication to our communty.

Maggy

Hello Everyone!

Mr. Rivers has only requested, so far, that I host Monday, August 7th and August 21st.

When this came about two weeks ago, before our past violence last weekend, I had already arranged for four women who live in neighborhoods of risk, or have personally experienced crime to join me.

The issues will be the people's.On this issue of crime, our children,and the neighborhoods, it is the women's voices I have heard most. I guess we shall consider this to be Youngstown's version of The View.

However, the guys are welcome to participate. 

Towntalk

Will she be having a regular show, or is this just a one time deal? This is certainly a topic that needs to be pushed and pushed hard, putting our city official's feet to the fire until they show some major accomplishment. She certainly knows the topic.

ForumManager

jay

Maggy will be on WKBN 570-AM on Monday, August 7, from 7 - 9:00 p.m.  The topic of the evening will be the women's perspective on crime.

Members of this forum should listen to the program.

Towntalk

We'll see. I wouldn't be surprised though if it was one of the smaller local talk stations such as WASN.

Towntalk

Anything is possible, but when it comes to a major radio station, ratings are everything ... an on air personality has to start at the bottom and prove themselves. If she were given the 10:00 - 11:45 AM slot, she would be jumping over at least 3 other Clear Channel personalities that have had years of experience doing talk radio. I could be wrong about Maggy, but I'm just going by what I have learned about broadcasting over the years.

I wish her luck, because she would be in one of the most competitive businesses going.

ForumManager

I could also be wrong about the name.  I am terible with names and I heard many names on Saturday.
So I could  be starting another rumor.  LOL

ForumManager

Maybe just the opposite.  New people --  fresh ideas.  Ratings might go up. I have never listened to talk radio.  I prefer things that don't distract or irritate while driving.  I  might give it a listen to hear what she has to say or what her listeners might have to say.

Towntalk

Wonder if Dan will turn his slot over to Morris Ray and give Maggy the weekend slot. I can't see Maggy doing a prime drive show. Morning drive time calls for someone that can pull the ratings and Maggy is an unknown quanity so far as talk radio is concerned.

Morris on the other hand has been on the air for several years and has done morning and afternoon drive shows with success.

ForumManager

I heard the name Dan Rivers.  Does that help?

Towntalk

Did your source give you any idea which station she would be on?

jay

I heard a rumor on Saturday that former mayoral candidate, Maggy Lorenzi, will soon host a talk radio program in Youngtown.  I'm willing to bet that politics and local government will dominate the conversations.