News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Old Elected Officials

Started by jay, June 01, 2013, 02:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

the same ole war horses but a different battle cry for the younger elect to endorse and vote for them.

stewie

Did he say"I've been around a long time" and "see in athletics, it's all about accountability" a lot?

Why?Town

jay

I heard an older politician speaking today.  Within four minutes, he repeated the same story three times.

:(

kenneyjoe330

Yea - take from "The Pope of Rome"  :-*  Kiss OUT  :-*

Billy Mumphrey

I agree with Iwasthere. Nothing against senior citizens (I have an AARP card as well) but when possible health issues may start to compromise their work load or attendance at any council or committee meetings, I think these politicans would better serve the citizens of Youngstown by stepping down.

Towntalk

Point taken, and by the way, I'll be burning the CD's tomorrow (today) and will mail them out Monday.

iwasthere

tt, jay is right on this issue about elected officials health issues. jrs will know if he needs one or two bypasses in sept. the current ytown mayor is going to have a mri done due to him suffering from dizziness. do i want sick and unhealthy inds running ytown? the answer is HELL NO time for them to step down from these positions to allow other yg, ma, or seniors to lead ytown. do you think the country would had elected Reagan if they knew he had beginning stages of dementia?

Towntalk

The is an example of people that some here think could run this city/county better than older people.

Towntalk

That's not only hogwash, but outright discrimination and a violation of federal law. These old geezers have more common sense than their younger counterparts, and I say God bless 'em.

If some folks around here were to have their druthers, we'd be electing people who still have training wheels on their tricycles, and dipers for underware. They would have either just graduated from high school, or just started college, and they'd be more interested in playing gameson thgeor tablets than doing their job.

jay

Did you ever notice that many of our older elected officials are having health issues.  This might be a good reason to elect younger people to office.