News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

President Of Council Race In Youngstown

Started by jay, April 24, 2013, 05:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Mr. Travers collected 26 signatures at one west side block watch meeting.

Did you know that candidates of the two major parties only need 25 valid signatures to get on the ballot?

An independent candidate needs to collect 180 valid signatures.  This is not fair to independents.

jay

My prediction is starting to come true.  Three of these candidates are coming out of the neighborhood block watches and neighborhood associations.

Susie, Terrence and Chris have been involved in the leadership of numerous community organizations and have been actively working to improve the City of Youngstown for many years now.

jay

The Green Party candidate will either be Susie or Terrence.  We won't know which one until after the May primary election.

I finally met the independent candidate from the Brownlee Woods area today as he collected petition signatures on the west side.  His name is Chris Travers.

iwasthere

one will find out when one goes to these political debates.

Rick Rowlands

In the annals of Jay's famous vague posts this one is certainly in the running for the best one yet.

Towntalk

Great ... grand ... wonderful ... ring the bells with great and glorious joy ... but who are the three unnamed candidates ... or is this to be some great Earl Stanley Gardner mystery?

jay

There may be four people running for Youngstown President of Council in the November general election.

Sammarone (D)
The winner of the Green Party primary (G)
A Brownlee Woods resident (I)
and a fourth person (I)